Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Don’t forget the highly questionable taste.

I'm going to modify the old addage to Success is when luck meets opportunity, my man. All you have to do to outkick your coverage is follow up after the schlub she wasted years on decided he didn't want kids. "Wow, that's a shame. I'm really sorry that happened to you. What an idiot, I would have zero problem getting you pregnant. Like right now." 

Table Top Hot Bar Soldering Fpc Soldering Machine GIF - Table Top Hot Bar  Soldering Fpc Soldering Machine - Discover & Share GIFs

Guess you've also got to be smooth AF, which I obviously am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm going to modify the old addage to Success is when luck meets opportunity, my man. All you have to do to outkick your coverage is follow up after the schlub she wasted years on decided he didn't want kids. "Wow, that's a shame. I'm really sorry that happened to you. What an idiot, I would have zero problem getting you pregnant. Like right now." 

Table Top Hot Bar Soldering Fpc Soldering Machine GIF - Table Top Hot Bar  Soldering Fpc Soldering Machine - Discover & Share GIFs

Guess you've also got to be smooth AF, which I obviously am. 

Lotta words to say the same thing. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

We seem to be on our way to another 5 pages of non-sense, but this time with maximum Chad broism. I guess we were due.

You can only stem the tide for so long. It is like a brush fire in the forest, it needs to burn itself out for the long term good. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Reading the various responses about wives in regard to TOF donations are cute. I'll add mine:

"You've spent all of this time and money and we can't even get down on the field before kickoff? Do you think you've been doing this correctly?"

Ahh, the thoughtful, dulcet missives of a totally forgiving and understanding woman, boys, you gotta love it.

Oh yeah, "smooth AF" is perfect. Smooth AF, like a gravel road or a teenage BO&W's face. No doubt.

I like where her head's at though. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Reading the various responses about wives in regard to TOF donations are cute. I'll add mine:

"You've spent all of this time and money and we can't even get down on the field before kickoff? Do you think you've been doing this correctly?"

Ahh, the thoughtful, dulcet missives of a totally forgiving and understanding woman, boys, you gotta love it.

Oh yeah, "smooth AF" is perfect. Smooth AF, like a gravel road or a teenage BO&W's face. No doubt.

What does it take to get sideline passes as a donor?  Is it just have deep enough pockets or do you also need some connections within Belmont. Could somebody that is like a drop out or isn’t even an alumni but has mountains of cash to burn buy their way on to the sideline or practice field?

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

What does it take to get sideline passes as a donor?  Is it just have deep enough pockets or do you also need some connections within Belmont. Could somebody that is like a drop out or isn’t even an alumni but has mountains of cash to burn buy their way on to the sideline or practice field?

Money will buy you any kind of access you want. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I've been on the sidelines before games for Texas, Alabama, and the Astros. At Texas, it was due to money, but not BMD level. Plenty, but not that level. For Bama and the Astros, it was due to being friends with people working for those organizations with enough stroke to get us rudimentary pregame access. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

you have to write a manifesto first. must be at least 500 pages, single spaced

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

PXL_20231026_172036941.thumb.jpg.72f0cb41f7e59a4416bbd922effa286b.jpg

Not bad looking, but when my wife asked "What is that thing" and I told her it was for a donation for Longhorn Football, she rolled her eyes and said "Jesus Christ". 

I neglected to mention to her that it was a recurring donation. 

So, in keeping with the Happy Wife Happy Life mantra, I'm going to not flaunt my car decal.

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Told my wife when she saw it in on my truck and said, I wanna win and this is part of it. She married into this shit. a28900dbc971992e22a49765f3f0f77a.jpg

TexasONE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I went down on the field during a game a few years ago when my oldest son was in school.  One of his fraternity brothers was a Texas Cowboy and got me a badge to get down there.  Of course, the area was promptly cleared when the drunk asshat inadvertently fired the cannon thinking Texas got a 4th down stop near the end of the game...turns out it was a 1st down for the other team.  Pro tip, the water bottles by the cannon without labels are filled with vodka - stay away.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I also was able to be on the field before the Texans game.  Long story short, my wife and MIL stayed at the Houstonian one weekend to get away and Rick Smith (ex GM) was pretty much hitting on my wife.  She called me from the pool and I told her who he was and to play along while slipping in how much our kids love the Texans and have always wanted to be on the field.  She did great - Administrative assistant reached out and sent us 4 club seats along with pre-game sideline passes.  And before one of you socially awkward dumbasses ask for pics...yeah, fuck off (in the nicest way possible of course).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

I also was able to be on the field before the Texans game.  Long story short, my wife and MIL stayed at the Houstonian one weekend to get away and Rick Smith (ex GM) was pretty much hitting on my wife.  She called me from the pool and I told her who he was and to play along while slipping in how much our kids love the Texans and have always wanted to be on the field.  She did great - Administrative assistant reached out and sent us 4 club seats along with pre-game sideline passes.  And before one of you socially awkward dumbasses ask for pics...yeah, fuck off (in the nicest way possible of course).

"She did great" - lol, I'm sure Rick thought so as well

• Haha 1

This board has really gone downhill. The BOW incel thing should've been three pages of material. How will we ever get back to getting 1k on these threads? 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

I'm legit shocked there isn't one out there written by someone on this site.

Then again maybe that's why @Machinatorleft us, to write his version that leads to Texas winning 20 straight national championships.

Bryan Cranston Please GIF by Emmys

There is. I just remembered to dedicate some pages to access protocols and not being photographed so easily. 

• Haha 1