Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

I also was able to be on the field before the Texans game.  Long story short, my wife and MIL stayed at the Houstonian one weekend to get away and Rick Smith (ex GM) was pretty much hitting on my wife.  She called me from the pool and I told her who he was and to play along while slipping in how much our kids love the Texans and have always wanted to be on the field.  She did great - Administrative assistant reached out and sent us 4 club seats along with pre-game sideline passes.  And before one of you socially awkward dumbasses ask for pics...yeah, fuck off (in the nicest way possible of course).

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Logically, I'd rather have these guys at A&M than LSU due to LSU being a functional program and more of a threat to us, but the joy A&M's misery brings me outweighs my reason.

I figure LSU would otherwise have good players and be coached competently, so I am pro flips.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) says that if Texas can't get Deandre Carter to flip from Auburn that Texas likes the Senior film for a 6'7" OT committed to Tech - Jacob Ponton

https://247sports.com/player/jacob-ponton-46140718/

I would rather have another tackle in the class anyway, particularly one that might need a couple of years of cooking before he’s ready to play (and understands that).  

On 10/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, utfan87 said:

Why are they asking parents these types of questions? Like wtf?

They're sports morons who likely never took a journalism or writing course if they went to college at all. All they've ever thought about is sports. They start off dull-minded which is the acme of their intellectual life.

11 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) says that if Texas can't get Deandre Carter to flip from Auburn that Texas likes the Senior film for a 6'7" OT committed to Tech - Jacob Ponton

https://247sports.com/player/jacob-ponton-46140718/

Everything being equal (and no, it never is), I'd rather steal a high-upside "sleeper" from McGuire than just about any other coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

It wasn't "pretty much," that's his deal. 

Well, his was a year or 2  before this...I give him the benefit of the doubt that no human is this inhumane.

Tiffany Avery Smith, the wife of former Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith, died Thursday from complications of breast cancer. She was 49. She had been diagnosed with the disease in September 2017. Rick Smith took an extended leave of absence in January last year to help care for his wife and three children.

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not sure if we'll go down this road, but lots of DL guys in the JUCO ranks.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

The quality of player at the JUCO level has decreased a lot since the NCAA eliminated the SAT/ACT requirements during covid. D1 schools can get pretty much anyone into school now out of HS.

There has to be a top 10 ranking of JUCO DL every year, but my bet is the most of the guys on the list this year wouldn't sniff the list 5 or 10 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

He gets paid either way.

He may have quit already.

It's going to be glorious to see Aggie's agony as they grapple with the whole "payout/we're fucked if we do, fucked if we don't/what's the ROI on firing Jimbo vs. how much it will cost to get another coach vs. how much will we lose if our program completely implodes?"  matrix.

Regarding McKinley, he needs to come to a school where he's going to be going against NFL-caliber linemen in practice each day, not that giant jar of monkey shit that A&M calls its offensive linemen. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's going to be glorious to see Aggie's agony as they grapple with the whole "payout/we're fucked if we do, fucked if we don't/what's the ROI on firing Jimbo vs. how much it will cost to get another coach vs. how much will we lose if our program completely implodes?"  matrix.

I think they are already there.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Regarding McKinley, he needs to come to a school where he's going to be going against NFL-caliber linemen in practice each day, not that giant jar of monkey shit that A&M calls its offensive linemen. 

Mama says the WSJ has aggy ranked in the top 100 academically while we don't even register you stupid sip