Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Byron murphy? Murphy is a try hard, 6’1” DT with short arms. NFL scouts, gms, and size queens are going to hate murphy. Let I remind you Poona ford went undrafted. And you think he’s the first longhorn defender off the board?

So you have a ‘shroom guy. She’s the hookup. Otherwise I’ll bet you 10k right now that Murphy isn’t the first dude off the board. 

Poona had freakishly long arms and he still went undrafted. I think Murphy is a dawg, but yeah, NFL teams are going to hate his measurables.

What happened to Raiola's ranking and all those on their knees waiting for him to unzip his mom pants? They were all proclaiming he would be better than Arch, and he's a 4 star now on On3 lulz. Even that shit site ESPN has him ranked as a 91, compared to Arch as a 93. Ultimately rankings are for bragging rights only, but I can't help but laugh that all of the sudden the next TD Jesus isn't t a 5 star plus. I wonder if it has anything to do with him playing for 4 different high schools in 4 years, or if they don't view him as a prodigy like Manning?

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What happened to Raiola's ranking and all those on their knees waiting for him to unzip his mom pants? They were all proclaiming he would be better than Arch, and he's a 4 star now on On3 lulz. Even that shit site ESPN has him ranked as a 91, compared to Arch as a 93. Ultimately rankings are for bragging rights only, but I can't help but laugh that all of the sudden the next TD Jesus isn't t a 5 star plus. I wonder if it has anything to do with him playing for 4 different high schools in 4 years, or if they don't view him as a prodigy like Manning?

Dude ... calm down.

- #1 QB by 247/ESPN/Rivals; #4 by On3

- #5 overall recruit in the 247 composite

- Top 10 overall by 3 out of 4 services

- On3's #34 pulls him down to #13 overall in their industry ranking

image.png.7ed8c2eca01b8664f32017fe56e915dc.png

247 / 247 Composite

image.png.253f47a4c75903fee0af03904d922cf2.png

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Dude ... calm down.

- #1 QB by 247/ESPN/Rivals; #4 by On3

- #5 overall recruit in the 247 composite

- Top 10 overall by 3 out of 4 services

- On3's #34 pulls him down to #13 overall in their industry ranking

image.png.7ed8c2eca01b8664f32017fe56e915dc.png

247 / 247 Composite

image.png.253f47a4c75903fee0af03904d922cf2.png

Right, but I'm saying Arch got a perfect rating and a few people began with Raiola will be better than Arch. It's weird how he went from better than Arch to not even being a 5 star plus. I'm wondering what happened between then and now?

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Right, but I'm saying Arch got a perfect rating and a few people began with Raiola will be better than Arch. It's weird how he went from better than Arch to not even being a 5 star plus. I'm wondering what happened between then and now?

Stupid sip, Manning is just a private school 3*

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

People watched him play football games and realized he is the second coming of Rhett Bomar

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I guess you were too busy, I don’t know, fighting wars or something, to recognize somewhat obscure lines from one of the comedic masterpieces of the 20th century/Murray canon.

”Lee Harvey!” 

If you are referring to his movie Stripes, I was too busy watching the hotties and the outstanding military strategies to listen to whatever he said. My bad.

8 hours ago, cmontexas said:

People watched him play football games and realized he is the second coming of Rhett Bomar

Yeah, personally I think he'll be good at Georgia, but prodigy he is not. I was just surprised all the hate Arch still gets just because he chose Texas. It's baffling, especially seeing idiots that were proclaiming that he would be a bust and Raiola was this superman. But had Manning chose literally anywhere else he would be talked about as the next Joe Burrow. Only at a place like Texas with a qb guru would morons proclaim he's a bust and only his name got him that ranking. Now people are moving Raiola down, and now it's Arch will transfer, so he's good again...until he doesn't transfer and then he sucks. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

The Duke lost to Bruce Dern and people hated Dern for the rest of his career for it.

Bruce Dern was very concerned about this, and John Wayne told him he would get better roles because of it.  And Wayne was correct, Dern has had an amazing career.  His looks were never going to allow him to be a leading man, elite character actor was always his ceiling.  And he achieved elite.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cafe society said:

Bruce Dern was very concerned about this, and John Wayne told him he would get better roles because of it.  And Wayne was correct, Dern has had an amazing career.  His looks were never going to allow him to be a leading man, elite character actor was always his ceiling.  And he achieved elite.

Bruce did get  the lead in "Middle Age Crazy".  IMDB doesn't think much of the movie, but I'm pretty sure I saw some tittays so my young self gave it high marks at the time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081157/

Edited by Sabalo

45 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Bruce did get  the lead in "Middle Age Crazy".  IMDB doesn't think much of the movie, but I'm pretty sure I saw some tittays so my young self gave it high marks at the time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081157/

I have a soft spot for the title song from that movie, sung by Jerry Lee Lewis 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Took two tries.

Bruce got him in The Cowboys.

I see that was anticipated. I think Dern already had a healthy career. Obviously, I'm a big fan.

I believe the Duke beat cancer 2 times before the last batch got him.

Love Dern as an actor.  His character in Diggstown is always great.

Plus the greatness that is Nebraska

7 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

The Duke lost to Bruce Dern and people hated Dern for the rest of his career for it.

Same reason we hate Santa Anna 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Byron murphy? Murphy is a try hard, 6’1” DT with short arms. NFL scouts, gms, and size queens are going to hate murphy. Let I remind you Poona ford went undrafted. And you think he’s the first longhorn defender off the board?

So you have a ‘shroom guy. Share the hookup. Otherwise I’ll bet you 10k right now that Murphy isn’t the first dude off the board. 

What did the English language do to you to make you so antagonistic towards it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3