Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

"We flatly deny rumors that Tyanthony Smith is visiting the University of Texas and have confirmed directly with the recruit. On the other hand, if Tyanthony does visit Texas, he's definitely signing there."

This goes well beyond the usual style of 995ers aggying it up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Isn't this Smiths 2nd potential visit that's been scuttled?  With everything publicly going on at aggy and this kid bypassing easy off ramps.  Sounds like he's just destined for aggy.  I can't explain it, but I know people like that exist.

You’re assuming these $9.95ers actually know what they’re talking about. 

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"We flatly deny rumors that Tyanthony Smith is visiting the University of Texas and have confirmed directly with the recruit. On the other hand, if Tyanthony does visit Texas, he's definitely signing there."

Yeah, this is absurd. One of three things is happening:

1. Tyanthony is bilking the rubes out of panic "don't visit Texas" money. In which case... bravo.

2. He is not talking to recruiting people at all and they are having to piece shit together through sources who also don't know shit.   

3. He wants to keep things super under wraps to avoid all of the blowback he would get if he flipped. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Yeah, this is absurd. One of three things is happening:

1. Tyanthony is bilking the rubes out of panic "don't visit Texas" money. In which case... bravo.

2. He is not talking to recruiting people at all and they are having to piece shit together through sources who also don't know shit.   

3. He wants to keep things super under wraps to avoid all of the blowback he would get if he flipped. 

3 is most likely except he planned to keep it under wraps until “Brauny” basically conceded him. That post from those 247 guys leads me to believe this is a course correction to get things back under wraps a bit. 

Just now, HtownHorn said:

So, Jordan is saying his sources are the kid himself?

It makes no sense what he was saying/trying to say. If  it was the kid himself, why wouldn’t he just say that in the initial post. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

24 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Translation:

Smith wants to flip but aggy is doing everything in their power to prevent a visit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

If it was Smith he talked to it definitely wasn't a "I'm not taking a visit" variety type interaction because the report wouldn't have also said the "He will sign with Texas if he visits."

Sounds like the kid likely told him that he's leaning Texas but the visit is up in the air because aggy is pressing him not to visit. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Sounds like a kid that is tired of being hassled by shitty adults with an agenda and are too fucking nosy about letting things play out organically.

If I was a recruit, I wouldn't tell these dipshits a single truthful thing.

I’d charge 995ers $500 for an interview and $100 for a quote. Lol

It did feel fishy that Brauninger just dropped that bomb at 10 PM on Monday night and was trying to basically concede Smith to Texas with no resistance.

This does feel like one of those get people on edge and then hype up the H2H win against Texas if he stays but that is complex thinking for the propaganda machine that is TexAgs.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It did feel fishy that Brauninger just dropped that bomb at 10 PM on Monday night and was trying to basically concede Smith to Texas with no resistance.

This does feel like one of those get people on edge and then hype up the H2H win against Texas if he stays but that is complex thinking for the propaganda machine that is TexAgs.

I agree with @Pato del Muerto 

Sounds more like a frustrated post being that late on a Monday. Ol Brauny is one of their more realistic mods too. If it was a setup for a h2h win type thing you’d think he’d offer up more and build more hype but release it Tuesday morning. 

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

"I've actually met Evan Stewart"

In hindsight, big harvdog vibes with that one

Savage Squad GIF - Savage Squad Burn - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’d charge 995ers $500 for an interview and $100 for a quote. Lol

Congrats, you just stumbled on the business model of The Narativ. It would make a lot of sense if we found out you were Taylor Hamm. 

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep, contrast his wording on Smith with his wording on Ivy. There was a big difference.

Yeah, the Texags stuff about Smith definitely wasn't fluff to sell a H2H win. They were pretty much conceding the flip. 

This is just your normal recruiting timeline. Texas has the momentum and aggy is trying to prevent Smith from visiting. 

18 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

lol this dudes went to like 3 highschools 3 college commits.  Dudes Martell lol

4 high schools. Literally 1 for every grade 

Freshman - Pinnacle (Arizona)

Soph- Burleson

Junior - Chandler (Arizona)

Senior - Buford (Georgia)

This dude will be the biggest flame out in recruiting in a long, long time. 

Fixing to be 3 commitments Ohio State, Georgia, and soon to be Nebraska 

58 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I truly would not be surprised if that's what they're doing. Always remember that all of A&M's recruiting "reporters" are aggy alums first and foremost, and everything they do is in service of recruiting players to Texas A&M. They are not journalists and they are not mere observers to the process. They absolutely would hatch some "brilliant" PR scheme to make it look like they have momentum.

If you think that's absurd, just recall that they made a documentary about Brandon Jones to steer him to Texas A&M. It was blatant recruiting and it made them look like the absolute dumbfucks we know them to be.

• Haha 3