Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

34 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

There's no way to spin the absolutely shitshow that is aggy. Usually new coaches get a recruiting bump. Elko and his staff are having to poach Old fucking Dominion for players. Holy fuck what a miserable situation they dug for themselves.

Aggy is a shit show, but the new coach bump is a thing that happens in their first full recruiting cycle not in the transition class.

• Hook 'Em 9

I missed the conversation, but I want to go on the record as being pro-Moffitt but anti-aggie. I think he was a good hire and I hate that they got him. Sorry I missed the initial discussion. That’s all I got. 

Oh, and you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Dude, Tommy Moffitt is the last person you should be stan'ing for. There are at minimum 50 more qualified individuals than that clown with much more of a resume than his "S&C for Satan".

35 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Dude, Tommy Moffitt is the last person you should be stan'ing for. There are at minimum 50 more qualified individuals than that clown with much more of a resume than his "S&C for Satan".

Oh, really? Who? Tell me another strength coach with his resume. It’s not just Saban. It’s also Les Miles, who is an idiot. It’s Ed Orgeron. It’s Miami. It’s late 90s Tennessee. It’s a close relationship with the head US powerlifting coach. It’s the other strength coaches he’s put at SEC programs. It’s the fact that other head coaches repeatedly tried to steal him from LSU without success. There is no strength coach with a better resume. Unless you can give me one I’m not aware of. You think it’s a coincidence LSU has become softer than your pussy lips since Kelly was hired? I don’t. But please, enlighten me. Who has a better resume? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

There's no way to spin the absolutely shitshow that is aggy. Usually new coaches get a recruiting bump. Elko and his staff are having to poach Old fucking Dominion for players. Holy fuck what a miserable situation they dug for themselves.

They would have been better off hiring Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Oh, really? Who? Tell me another strength coach with his resume. It’s not just Saban. It’s also Les Miles, who is an idiot. It’s Ed Orgeron. It’s Miami. It’s late 90s Tennessee. It’s a close relationship with the head US powerlifting coach. It’s the other strength coaches he’s put at SEC programs. It’s the fact that other head coaches repeatedly tried to steal him from LSU without success. There is no strength coach with a better resume. Unless you can give me one I’m not aware of. You think it’s a coincidence LSU has become softer than your pussy lips since Kelly was hired? I don’t. But please, enlighten me. Who has a better resume? 

I don't think anyone is disputing his resume.  Nor is anyone disputing he would have been a huge hire in 2010.   People are questioning whether it's still a big time hire in 2024.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 6

Sweetheart my left testicle has more relevance than Tommy Moffitt. He's not Ed Coan. He's not Stan Efferding. He's not Dave Tate. Hell he's not even Ben Bruno. Moffitt is an old dinosaur that has long since passed his prime. Sorry you're too ignorant to see that.

The fact that you are requesting I refute what you perceive to be his legitimacy as an S&C is further proof that you have no goddamned fucking clue what the fuck you're talking about. Benny fuckin Wylie is better than this clown. Now go sit in the fucking corner with your fucking shinebox you fucking cuntnugget.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Hey guys wanna hear something about Texas recruiting? Jeff Howe and Perroni went behind people's backs to make Deshon Elliott a 4* in their database after the rankings came out and pissed off Barton Simmons who sent him angry texts. My respect for J Howe and Perroni went up a bit.

Edited by horn_of_the_morning
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

you have no goddamned fucking clue what the fuck you're talking about. Benny fuckin Wylie is better than this clown. Now go sit in the fucking corner with your fucking shinebox you fucking cuntnugget.

This comment is fucking retarded. You’ve exposed yourself. Don’t be a dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Sweetheart my left testicle has more relevance than Tommy Moffitt. He's not Ed Coan. He's not Stan Efferding. He's not Dave Tate. Hell he's not even Ben Bruno. Moffitt is an old dinosaur that has long since passed his prime. Sorry you're too ignorant to see that.

The fact that you are requesting I refute what you perceive to be his legitimacy as an S&C is further proof that you have no goddamned fucking clue what the fuck you're talking about. Benny fuckin Wylie is better than this clown. Now go sit in the fucking corner with your fucking shinebox you fucking cuntnugget.

Half Baked Boo GIF

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This comment is fucking retarded. You’ve exposed yourself. Don’t be a dumbass. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

YARN | Oh, hell! Give me the goddamn soap! | Super Troopers (2001) | Video  clips by quotes | d4fad688 | ç´—

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

This 995er interaction posted by @Getafix is so damn funny, it wouldn't be shocking if it were satire.

"Slight adjustment" -- 995er fails to mention the obvious

Dumber than dirt ag then expresses hope that the earlier meeting is somehow good news.

995er gently informs ag that it was moved for the convenience of Texas.

image.thumb.png.be29d5d6699b8666e21b650c48f917fd.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Aggy is a shit show, but the new coach bump is a thing that happens in their first full recruiting cycle not in the transition class.

There is a chance the recruiting bump could also fizzle, from my observation players buy into promises for that first bump, and evidently that is why they don't coach bowl games because a loss could sour that bump, but they have been such a dumpster fire that there is a chance they screw that up as well.

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

To be fair the new coach recruiting bump would come in the next class in theory. 

• Haha 1

An aggy recruiting bump is going to be tough given we made the playoff, and the Texas staff is wise in getting younger recruits to games all season, laying the groundwork.
Elko's staff is awful in terms of Texas recruiting ties.

And LSU in year 3 of Brian Kelly is coming off the exposure of a Heisman winner… And OU is coming into the SEC with the momentum of a 10 win season (even if their schedule was fraudulent)… And Bama/UGA will continue to cherry-pick whoever Texas/LSU/OU don’t snag…

Aggy is not well-positioned in the recruiting landscape rn.

Per Bobby

Xavier Filsaime still expected to visit.

Tyanthony Smith visit still possible even though public comments say otherwise. Apparently a lot of influences around Jasper are trying to make the A&M commit stick(my phrasing).

A mystery HS recruit is expected to be on campus this weekend for an OV(Not Daelyn Evans)

Blake Gideon met with Aeryn Hampton at Chipotle in Longview, Daelyn Evans was there enjoying possibly a burrito as well. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

image.thumb.png.f72ab18d819d826516b023de153a9a8c.png

Jesus, at least take them to the Saltgrass next door. WTF Gideon?

i've never seen a chipotle that has fewer people in it or in the parking lot at peak hours than that one. they clearly are doing well, been there like 8ish years? but that place never ever was actually busy inside.

Edited by NoName