Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

giphy.gif

Fong Fong Fong Fong Fong

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Seems like that means Elko has given up on Smith. As much as A&M worries about public perception of momentum I wouldn't think Elko clears Wiltfong to do that unless there's no coming back. 

End game

32 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Their skillet queso is edible?  Everything on their menu sounds like a good idea and ultimately under delivers...

No.  I moved to a place where queso doesn't exist and I still won't drag my ass to Chilis to eat that abomination.  I don't know what happened - I swear when I was younger I enjoyed it, but either their 'recipe' changed or I developed self-respect.

• Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No.  I moved to a place where queso doesn't exist and I still won't drag my ass to Chilis to eat that abomination.  I don't know what happened - I swear when I was younger I enjoyed it, but either their 'recipe' changed or I developed self-respect.

You found Ninfa’s queso?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jesus.  Just brown a pound a breakfast sausage and mix in a can of rotel and one pack of cream cheese.  That’s what I make at the ranch people devour it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Jesus.  Just brown a pound a breakfast sausage and mix in a can of rotel and one pack of cream cheese.  That’s what I make at the ranch people devour it.  

If I’m doing store-bought, I use Velveeta and Julio’s hot, but a lot of people around here like cream cheese. Have to give this a try. 

IMG_4022.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Their skillet queso is edible?  Everything on their menu sounds like a good idea and ultimately under delivers...

Yep. It has technically been deemed edible. I thought we could kick the topic around a bit but you summed it all up. Fine then. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I very much look forward to Wiltfong being Elmo’s white flag bearer. He’s going to spin things in his buddy’s favor as much as he can, and that’s only going to serve to pull the rug out from A&M even harder each time their delusions get revealed. My popcorn is ready to see how long it takes for them to start shooting the messenger. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From the Tyanthony Smith Fonged-to-Texas thread on Aggie 247.

For a fanbase that crows about their 2022 class, and is presumably fully aware of it's composition and the circumstances when it came together, this is pretty ironic.

image.thumb.png.7c1748601f2534294cfa824ab2cec921.png

We also have no position coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They've got a plan for momentum. First, you get just the right look for your front man. Neat. Dignified. Charismatic.

image.png.b7052039bfa94c83b5f0354b9a58de2f.png

Guy's a fucking media magnet radiating electricity and winning hearts and minds. Check!

Then you have a keen strategy for creating momentum. This can be done by the pathetic plan to announce the names of Aggie players planning to stay. 

image.png.5945985f8676dfb33ad02452a700c37d.png

image.png.c9ed37f175e8e9f289b9928fdd2931d4.png

They're not silly. They're announcements to the world that it's news when a player decides not to hit the portal instead of the other way around. The momentum (whatever these idiots think momentum is) builds from keeping enough guys to field a team in the bowl game. That kind of momentum leads to momentum which is very good for momentum. Check!

Now you get to count it a momentum propelling event when you win the recruiting battle for players already on your team. It's infectious momentum. Infection will spread far and wide.

@texifornia posted about how the Aggies United posts got taken down, which makes this even more over the top silly.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you haven’t gone out to chili with some business associates and thrown back draft beers and devoured southwest eggrolls and sliders you’re missing out. However I would not recommend sleeping with the drunk and extremely handsy married loan officer who has a psycho husband. 

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

27 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From the Tyanthony Smith Fonged-to-Texas thread on Aggie 247.

For a fanbase that crows about their 2022 class, and is presumably fully aware of it's composition and the circumstances when it came together, this is pretty ironic.

image.thumb.png.7c1748601f2534294cfa824ab2cec921.png

the fact that they STILL do not have a position coach or DC announced - or any coaches yet fully announced as far as i know - is a complete failure on their end.

who is out recruiting for them?

A&M sent Tony Jerod-Eddie (who was an analyst but got promoted by ERob when he was announced as interim) and Sean Spencer, who again has yet to be formally announced and is not on their website STILL

if i am a recruit who is considering flipping how do i even know who to reach out to at A&M since there is no clarity on who is or isn't on the recruiting trail on their own website.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I gotta say something about this whole Applebee's thing. First off, I LOVE a dive bar. The darker, divier and sketchier, the better. My favorite thing to do on Saturdays in the fall is to visit some of the less-touristed areas of San Antonio, bar hop to a bunch of dives with my buddies and watch college football. As a bit, a few weeks ago we decided to forego our usual plan and solely hit up national chains. I visited my first Applebees ever, on 410 and Jones-Maltsberger. I was expecting some bright, sanitized, cookie cutter lame ass restaurant and I gotta tell you, it's a dark, filthy, divey shithole just like the rest of the places we usually go. Except instead of some toothless woman selling you tamales out of an ice chest, they have fucked up shit to eat like avocado eggrolls (which weren't terrible btw, but I was probably about 8 drinks deep at that point). All in all, I thought Applebees was a fantastic and I would go back there in a heartbeat. 

I have an affinity for Applebee's, simply because growing up in Camp Lejeune with very little to do in the neighboring shithole town of Jacksonville, Applebee's was relatively new and was one of the nicer restaurants in town.  So it felt like a big night out when my parents would take us there for dinner.  When I moved to Austin in the mid-1990s I used to frequent the one off Ben White and Mopac next to the Best Buy.

But I don't think I've been to one in about 15 years or so, and I really hope we sign a few of these portal guys this weekend.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

This is absolutely delicious, I do this for parties. I am the biggest queso snob there is, but this is a departure that is legit. Must be eaten with Fritos. 

Edited by Vertigo

29 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I gotta say something about this whole Applebee's thing. First off, I LOVE a dive bar. The darker, divier and sketchier, the better. My favorite thing to do on Saturdays in the fall is to visit some of the less-touristed areas of San Antonio, bar hop to a bunch of dives with my buddies and watch college football. As a bit, a few weeks ago we decided to forego our usual plan and solely hit up national chains. I visited my first Applebees ever, on 410 and Jones-Maltsberger. I was expecting some bright, sanitized, cookie cutter lame ass restaurant and I gotta tell you, it's a dark, filthy, divey shithole just like the rest of the places we usually go. Except instead of some toothless woman selling you tamales out of an ice chest, they have fucked up shit to eat like avocado eggrolls (which weren't terrible btw, but I was probably about 8 drinks deep at that point). All in all, I thought Applebees was a fantastic and I would go back there in a heartbeat. 

Username checks out

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Legit question from somebody who only casually follows recruiting..

Is TyAnthony Smith a big deal?   3 star recruit aggie has a few higher rated LBs in that class alone..

Is it the message that we flipped somebody?   A special position of need? 

Jaylan Ford was a 3 star. Kenneth Murray (a guy we lost to OU) was a 3 star. Dantre Robinson is a 3 star. Justin Flowe was a 5 star.

TyAnthony is pretty good already, but he has a solid frame to add weight to without losing his athleticism.

Edited by Atticus

7 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Legit question from somebody who only casually follows recruiting..

Is TyAnthony Smith a big deal?   3 star recruit aggie has a few higher rated LBs in that class alone..

Is it the message that we flipped somebody?   A special position of need? 

It’s a thin year at LB and we have 0 committed.