Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You can be fine with Hampton flipping all you want, but I despise the premise. Fuck Nick Saban and Alabama. Losing Hampton and saying "ah, well, no big deal", at this point, would be really fucking irritating to witness from people here. 

Getting Smith would be great and all, but I don't measure pleasure in college sports through the lens of aggie tears. Those are nice and all, but that won't make me feel better about losing Hampton or Wingo.

Ignoring the red flags, culture fit, flakiness, and potential to piss in the pool that is locker-room culture, how much fun would it be to see Stewart catch 2 TDs and return another one in the first quarter at Kyle Field. You'd fucking love it. Admit it. Just fucking admit it 

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thought you were incredibly unimpressed/disliked the Hampton signing- this about a jihad against Saban?  As far as I’m concerned any effort he expends (like the headcase last year) on a guy we don’t really want is fine with me. 
I’m all aboard the Alabraska theme and have said that for 18 months or so now- Texas is gonna get over on them and marginalize them over the next 5-20 years- they just aren’t on my radar. Maybe I’m just an idiot but I’ve got a decent track record on seeing around corners on some of this shit. 

I thought Saban was done too. Then he ripped off 10 wins in a row with a QB that looked like shit, figured out how to maximize that QB's natural abilities, defeated the two-time defending national champs and are in the college football playoffs. The Death Knell of Saban was premature. 

34 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

Who is putting up the signs?

They're digital billboards possibly on a rotation. So you just send the company a digital image. I'd suspect the AD is sending them out. Not that expensive but pays back big time on perception and cool factor for the kids.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Ignoring the red flags, culture fit, flakiness, and potential to piss in the pool that is locker-room culture, how much fun would it be to see Stewart catch 2 TDs and return another one in the first quarter at Kyle Field. You'd fucking love it. Admit it. Just fucking admit it 

I thought Saban was done too. Then he ripped off 10 wins in a row with a QB that looked like shit, figured out how to maximize that QB's natural abilities, defeated the two-time defending national champs and are in the college football playoffs. The Death Knell of Saban was premature. 

Boromir killed off plenty of the Uruk-hai after the first arrow, but the writing was on the wall. No clue if it'll end up being an accurate analogy, just want to start an LOTR tangent if possible.

Edited by hook me
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

there was a lot of talking here about Kobe Black and his position, Bobby just said he was a "true corner" for what that's worth

I am pretty happy with how the corner room is going to look next year. Will be somewhat young but the pure talent is as good as its been in a while.

Muhammad, Holmes, Brooks, Mack, Black, Wilson, maybe Roberson depending on where they move him.

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

They are expecting you to take a dump on Parker Livingstone 

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

I think they are referencing some forgotten post of yours where you referred to Parker Livingstone as a Jag....or Alan Jackson...

I am fine with Parker Livingstone being taken as one of the last guys in the class. I remember making jokes this summer to rile people up calling him Jaggy McJaggerstone, I guess. More power to him if he does well at Texas. If he doesn't, I'll just add him to references of Dustin Miksch and Clint Haney the next time we take an iffy white WR recruit and root for handwringing defending that take.

Also, I saw Garth Brooks in concert at the Colosseum in Vegas last weekend. He was doing various covers and threw out an Alan Jackson reference for a brief moment. I'd be lying if I said my right eye didn't start to twitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I am pretty happy with how the corner room is going to look next year. Will be somewhat young but the pure talent is as good as its been in a while.

Muhammad, Holmes, Brooks, Mack, Black, Wilson, maybe Roberson depending on where they move him.

DB room for 24 by class

image.png.32dd600067dfb15c5b5e06dad708da45.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, FtheBig12 said:

Losing Wingo would suck but grabbing Stewart would be a great consolation prize. You just know he'll catch the game winning TD at kyle next year, sending the ags into full meltdown.

Game-winning TD? I think it's more likely we blow them out 77-0 than it being a one-score game. Their program is circling the toilet right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am fine with Parker Livingstone being taken as one of the last guys in the class. I remember making jokes this summer to rile people up calling him Jaggy McJaggerstone, I guess. More power to him if he does well at Texas. If he doesn't, I'll just add him to references of Dustin Miksch and Clint Haney the next time we take an iffy white WR recruit and root for handwringing defending that take.

Also, I saw Garth Brooks in concert at the Colosseum in Vegas last weekend. He was doing various covers and threw out an Alan Jackson reference for a brief moment. I'd be lying if I said my right eye didn't start to twitch. 

Parker-Livingstone-UT-71164651.thumb.jpg.2237701ad2c78bb111e7868422d61836.jpg

2045b6c9560ad28a1c4b6e2eba45c985.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I have not given any thought to Stewart doing anything at Texas since December of 2022. Fuck that guy. And no, I don't derive a lot of value from bad things happening to ATM. I enjoy the threads here about their idiocy, but they're a quaternary thought, at best, in my mind when it comes to any given Saturday. Texas beating and embarrassing ATM, in and on any field, is always gratifying, but it's also a divine right. It should be a given.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't understand the Livingstone chatter. Dude's legit - size, speed, hands. He's that receiver that Texas always faces that we struggle covering.

Yup. If he’s Drake Stoops, he’s a great take.

If he’s Jordan Shipley, he’s an amazing take.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have not given any thought to Stewart doing anything at Texas since December of 2022. Fuck that guy. And no, I don't derive a lot of value from bad things happening to ATM. I enjoy the threads here about their idiocy, but they're a quaternary thought, at best, in my mind when it comes to any given Saturday. Texas beating and embarrassing ATM, in and on any field, is always gratifying, but it's also a divine right. It should be a given.

For someone who doesn't give any thought to Stewart you sure do get triggered when someone mentions Stewart.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

With Bobby Burton and that Ray guy both showing up on Surly this week, it reminds me that everyone involved with Texas football reads Surly. I’d bet Dustin Miksch and Clint Haney are reading Surly right now. 

• Haha 3