Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Settlement? WTF?

It's the cost of defense of the lawsuit.  She apparently never entered the Capitol and was never criminally charged.

Thus, she had a colorable claim of retaliatory discharge for exercising 1A rights.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's the cost of defense of the lawsuit.  She apparently never entered the Capitol and was never criminally charged.

Thus, she had a colorable claim of retaliatory discharge for exercising 1A rights.

Is it your position that LEO have a constitutionally protected right to make unsupported allegations that do the exact opposite of uphilding and defending the Constitution?

Edited by Willfully Horn

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Fuck me, the comments are nauseating.

Yeah there’s a lot of crap comments and this one still stands out to me. How is the headline misleading or woke lol?

28 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Is it your position that LEO have a constitutionally protected right to make unsupported allegations that do the exact opposite of uphilding and defending the Constitution?

I believe that is the case. Why would that be any different for cops?

With that said.

d7b51028-b6df-42d0-8b68-ae531ffd2883_tex

16 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I assumed there was an oath of office required of LEO.

Are you under the impression that cops take the sane oath as the military or federal law enforcement?

57 minutes ago, F250 said:

Are you under the impression that cops take the sane oath as the military or federal law enforcement?

Something similar, yes. My quick search does not find me wrong, either, though particular jurisdiction might have some bearing.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I didn't take a position.  But, it appears that yes, the first amendment protects lies and disinformation.  However, all she apparently did is post photos.  Whether her status as a LEO diminishes her 1A protections, legally, I do not know.

"Colorable" means, in lawdogtalk, facially plausible if not winning.  Thus, the department was going to have to defend the suit at a cost likely exceeding the amount of settlement.  Whether they would win or lose, not quite sure.

Also, insurance, as you likely know, will insure a claim for X amount, say $1M.  The amount they pay in attorneys fees defending reduces that payout.  So, when, as appears to be the case here, insurance is paying the claim and the defense, they have nearly 100% say in whether to settle and for how much.  Right and wrong tends to go out the window.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Good. Fuck that guy 

No.  More than just "fuck that guy."  I hope he dies a painful death, and right soon.  He is evil incarnate.  He is bitter and angry, and wants the rest of the world and humanity to suffer to make himself feel better.  I want him to live the remainder of his days in excruciating pain, physical and emotional, with no hope for relief, and no easy path to suicide.  Just a slow drip of decay, causing his death in months.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

Prisoner complains about life in prison being not fun; wants release to complain publicly:

He probably misses the whistle guy.  Maybe they can pipe the whistle noises in 24/7.