25th Amendment- 2nd Impeachment

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

History is going to tell us that humanity was at the crisis point multiple times in these past few days.....I hope.  The other alternative is that history won't have to tell us shit about the crisis point, the body count will.

we are clearly in an extremely dangerous spot. 

I am halfway through my no nuke Friday. Hang in there. We will prevail (fingers crossed)

• Rage+1 1

here's the deal friends. this lunatic needs to see a way out. if he doesn't he may blow up the fucking world.

we are all fucking hostages right now. 

its what we all feared. hang in there. here's to this being the last Friday with this asshole in charge of anything

7 minutes ago, staboner said:

here's the deal friends. this lunatic needs to see a way out. if he doesn't he may blow up the fucking world.

we are all fucking hostages right now. 

its what we all feared. hang in there. here's to this being the last Friday with this asshole in charge of anything

There is no way out, he is stuck in this cycle of deny and delay.  He's out of delays, he acknowledged there will be a transition without conceding.

The pardon he wants to give himself would just be another delay to the inevitable and certainly would not delay the state charges against him.

I've mentioned before that my father had the same personality disorder as Trump and I know how he thinks.  He'll get depressed until the next crazy idea puts him into a manic state and he can get another narcissistic high off his supporters that should be worried about jail time themselves.  

There is no out, just delays, except the clock is ticking to Jan 20 and he can't stop that now and the vultures are starting to circle on him.

• Hook 'Em 3

I hear you friend. still very much worried about irrational actions. maybe we should let his supporters in and they can fluff him till the 20th? we keep the door closed and shit.

ah hell that will never work. they'll spend 5 minutes with him and realise the truth. 

Edited by staboner

6 minutes ago, staboner said:

I hear you friend. still very much worried about irrational actions. maybe we should let his supporters in and they can fluff him till the 20th? we keep the door closed and shit.

ah hell that will never work. they'll spend 5 minutes with him and realise that truth. 

Don't give him any ideas.  He would totally be on board with his Trump/Q-Army surrounding the White house and not letting Biden in.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

NYT Saying Trump is going to pardon himself.

Doubt it will hold up as constitutional.  If it did he would be a king not subject to any constraint other than impeachment and we saw how that worked.

State charges are still coming. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not enough. And not soon enough.

He is a clear and present danger to the country, and humanity. And once he leaves office, he will 100% betray this country and its secrets for profit.

The infiltration of federal law enforcement is crippling as well. We are going to have to do mole hunts for years.

In the meantime, a small and trusted group of federal law enforcement is going to have to bug every device and residence of Trump, so they can find out what intel he is revealing and to whom. And then take swift action against him - arrest and sequester him without bail.

This is not any ordinary situation. We have a literal enemy of the state here.

While I tend to agree they also need to get it right. The coup attempt facts are still being developed. After trump is impeached for his seditious coup attempt his attempts to pardon all his co-conspirators for it will be invalid.

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

By all means, senate, stall on impeachment until the new senate is seated. Someone please tell me that is also on the 20th (I’m sure it’s not). 

Congress started on January 3rd.  New members are already seated.

Right now the senate has 99 members because of the two Georgia runoff elections.  Loeffler (GA) lost, but she's still in office, probably until they certify the runoff election in GA.  Georgia will then switch from one R senator to two D senators, creating a 50/50 split.  Pence still breaks the tie until Harris is sworn in.  R's still have the majority until Harris is VP and the two GA senators are sworn in.

• Hook 'Em 2

Great fucking news, everyone. I just heard on NPR on the way into the office that Shelia Jackson Lee has introduced articles of impeachment against Trump for inciting an armed insurrection. Sounds like she's worked completely independently of Ted Liu to craft and present these herself. Shocking to everyone here, I know. I'm sure they'll be entirely thorough and excellently crafted for maximum effect on Trump, as opposed to a hastily crafted effort to grab attention. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I like Bates' idea to include an article that prohibits Trump from running for office again. I think that Republicans would jump at the chance to not have to deal with him in 2024.

It's embarrassing as a nation that we have to admit that it's a good idea to legally ban him from running again because we're legitimately afraid that he'll still have the popularity to win. Even after the last two months. Even after Wednesday. Yet, here we are.

• Rage+1 3

It's embarrassing as a nation that we have to admit that it's a good idea to legally ban him from running again because we're legitimately afraid that he'll still have the popularity to win. Even after the last two months. Even after Wednesday. Yet, here we are.

Yep. Remember this if you ever start feeling optimistic. Cult 45 is the exact opposite of a silent majority, but they’re close to a plurality.

Doubt it will hold up as constitutional. 

ACB, Kavanaugh, Alito, and Thomas will absolutely do his bidding. You’ve got to go 2/2 on Gorsuch and Roberts. Not impossible, but not guaranteed. I wouldn’t feel good about it.

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

ACB, Kavanaugh, Alito, and Thomas will absolutely do his bidding. You’ve got to go 2/2 on Gorsuch and Roberts. Not impossible, but not guaranteed. I wouldn’t feel good about it.

I don’t buy that. There was similar handwringing over the election, and they didn’t even hear the case. Maybe they would have gone that way before Wednesday, but now? Most justices care about the reputation and legacy of the Court (even if it’s just out of self-interest). They’ve got their majority, which is what they wanted. They owe him nothing. I think they’d happily hang him out to dry.

*This doesn’t apply to Alito and Thomas, obviously.

Edited by formermav43
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Doubt it will hold up as constitutional.  If it did he would be a king not subject to any constraint other than impeachment and we saw how that worked.

If trump did this, wouldn't it be an admission of guilt?  Couldn't this be used against his co-conspirators (Cruz, Hawley, Don Jr., etc.) who helped him incite the coup attempt?

49 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This was the ultimate goal of the attack on the Capitol. It wasn't a secret.

Roger Fucking Stone, conductor  of the 2001 Florida mess, at your service. He played a very very large hand in this behind the scenes. This is his metier and he loves it.

My husband says for people to keep saying 'worse than Nixon' every single time, every single time, every single time Trump's name is mentioned. Every single time. He says almost no one would admit to voting for Nixon afterwards and that even though Trump is a 'cult' leader (vs Nixon), that the negative, loser bad guy label will begin to stick. He believes it's important to get it to stick so Trump cannot be a victim nor an outlaw--two very  very powerful myths of fairy tales that resonate with populist leaders and their followers.

I think my husband's thought has merit. Course, I'm biased.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great fucking news, everyone. I just heard on NPR on the way into the office that Shelia Jackson Lee has introduced articles of impeachment against Trump for inciting an armed insurrection. Sounds like she's worked completely independently of Ted Liu to craft and present these herself. Shocking to everyone here, I know. I'm sure they'll be entirely thorough and excellently crafted for maximum effect on Trump, as opposed to a hastily crafted effort to grab attention. 

Dammit. Sheila Jackson Lee--what the hell? As a member from Texas, you must be aware that TEKS guidelines call for the inclusion of group projects in the curricula in order for Texas students to learn how 'to work collaboratively with others by following agreed-upon rules for discussion, including taking turns.'

You are setting a bad example, Rep. Lee. It was Rep. Lieu's turn.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Roger Fucking Stone, conductor  of the 2001 Florida mess, at your service. He played a very very large hand in this behind the scenes. This is his metier and he loves it.

My husband says for people to keep saying 'worse than Nixon' every single time, every single time, every single time Trump's name is mentioned. Every single time. He says almost no one would admit to voting for Nixon afterwards and that even though Trump is a 'cult' leader (vs Nixon), that the negative, loser bad guy label will begin to stick. He believes it's important to get it to stick so Trump cannot be a victim nor an outlaw--two very  very powerful myths of fairy tales that resonate with populist leaders and their followers.

I don't even think it will take 5 years for there to be almost no one who will openly admit to voting for Trump. He'll be too unhinged and unprotected by the office to last long before a predicable spiral. Even the true MAGA extremists are going to pretend like nothing happened and seamlessly rejoin society, quietly waiting for the next anarchist. I'm already pissed off about it.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Dammit. Sheila Jackson Lee--what the hell? As a member from Texas, you must be aware that TEKS guidelines call for the inclusion of group projects in the curricula in order for Texas students to learn how 'to work collaboratively with others by following agreed-upon rules for discussion, including taking turns.'

You are setting a bad example, Rep. Lee. It was Rep. Lieu's turn.

I'll never have a single nice thing to say about Shelia Jackson Lee. Period. Link.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/politics/sheila-jackson-lee-introduces-articles-of-impeachment-against-president-donald-trump/285-a23b7a1a-b7c4-4080-96b9-81208c6f3882

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Agreed with your husband. It was pointed out yesterday in this thread and later echoed by Brisket that the long-term threat here is that Trump will be viewed as a martyr to the old German stabbed-in-the-back myth that Hitler and the Nazis used to full effect in gaining popularity and coming to power. Personally, I believe that this is a legitimate danger given the potential (and likelihood) that diehard Trump supporters have been installed throughout the federal government. We may well have seen evidence of that in Wednesday's (intentionally?) incompetent response to the attack on the Capitol.

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Trump needs to be banned from holding any public office. He's moving to Florida so he will have his pick of any position he wants from that knucklehead of a State.

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

Trump needs to be banned from holding any public office. He's moving to Florida so he will have his pick of any position he wants from that knucklehead of a State.

I could see him running for a city council seat. Where he could really get his hands dirty and work to improve people's lives at a local level. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't even think it will take 5 years for there to be almost no one who will openly admit to voting for Trump. He'll be too unhinged and unprotected by the office to last long before a predicable spiral. Even the true MAGA extremists are going to pretend like nothing happened and seamlessly rejoin society, quietly waiting for the next anarchist. I'm already pissed off about it.

Yeah I know they’ll just deny it, but I got screenshots out the ass from my trump “friends”. It’ll be fun in 6 months when Biden mispronounces something and they all go apeshit after being totally fine with....well the last 4 years 

I guess I'll clarify for the thread in general - supermajority in the senate is 67. 
2/3 of 100 works out to 66.6 repeating. I suppose they could have gone with 66 but 67 is closer and that is the number as established by law. 

We only have 99 senators

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

By all means, senate, stall on impeachment until the new senate is seated. Someone please tell me that is also on the 20th (I’m sure it’s not). 

15th at the earliest and 22 at the latest  It depends on the certification of the GA runoff results.  There will not be a recount.

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

Fucker wants to impeach Obama?  For what, investigating the Trump campaign collusion with Russia that was proven true?

The events of the past week, Trump pressuring a state to commit felony election fraud in order to install him as a dictator, and instigating a coup attempt at the Capitol which left five people dead.... really provides us a stark reminder of the time Obama rode a bicycle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Always remember this guy is a monster 

Chuck Schumer would destroy a primary from the "radical left" 65-35.  Lindsey Graham has no idea that New York, the state, is not just New York, the city.

• Hook 'Em 1

Chuck Schumer would destroy a primary from the "radical left" 65-35.  Lindsey Graham has no idea that New York, the state, is not just New York, the city.

See Gillibrand, Kristen. He’s insulting the intelligence of his constituents by making such an easily falsifiable claim.