2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

58 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Why even tweet this? A few comments on a tweet don’t represent everyone’s opinions. I didn’t even know what this was about until I had to ask a friend. She’s making it worse by dragging it back into the news.

I consider you to be a friend.  What the fuck is she talking about?

i am admittedly very much out of the loop.  Only rumors I’ve heard of are that Tom was rodgering Ms Scott and that Michelle wanted to get some fresh air in a BMD’s plane.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Literally his first response to being called out. lulz

Nono, I thought that was simp? And then something with Soy Boy. Listen, I can't keep track of all these lame insults used by short dudes who never get laid, and certainly never get laid by anything attractive. 

24 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sark with another FCB teabag on his call at the 6 minute mark. Love that he is giving him such a hard time. I just wish he would put Brian Davis and Kurt Bohls on notice. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I recall FCB put out a story first week of spring that the players were "soft." But dont know of any other particular reason, other than FCB's general ineptitude/stupidity, that Sark would repeatedly ice him out like this. 

Also, I kind of like the idea of FCB getting emasculated, but I feel that at some point it gets disrespectful to the fans to be shooting the messenger like this. I want to hear the answers to these questions. It's not like FCB's questions have been totally obtuse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Askew said:

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I recall FCB put out a story first week of spring that the players were "soft." But dont know of any other particular reason, other than FCB's general ineptitude/stupidity, that Sark would repeatedly ice him out like this. 

Also, I kind of like the idea of FCB getting emasculated, but I feel that at some point it gets disrespectful to the fans to be shooting the messenger like this. I want to hear the answers to these questions. It's not like FCB's questions have been totally obtuse. 

That sounds like something FCB would say... 🧐

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Why even tweet this? A few comments on a tweet don’t represent everyone’s opinions. I didn’t even know what this was about until I had to ask a friend. She’s making it worse by dragging it back into the news.

Why is she still following UT Football tweets is the better question.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

“I’m hesitant to say this group is our worst.   Having said that, we are still looking for approximately 20 linebackers.  We think we’ve already taken all of them in the portal, so now we’re looking into the GI Bill as an alternative.  And don’t be shy if you’re a Wounded Warrior - we are open to accepting amputees at our linebacker tryouts.   But, anyway, I wouldn’t say we necessarily have a worst position group.”

one of the better college linebackers in the last few years is an amputee so I’m all for it. 

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wait, how is he going to prove to everyone that he's the smartest person in the room if he doesn't stubbornly impose his system on everyone no matter the context? I'm beginning to question whether Sark is even driven by his own insecurities. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

So maybe someone can enlightened me, what does the team do between now and fall camp? Is it off-season conditioning like in winter or do the players get time off?

Summer workouts usually start in June when the freshmen get on campus. Then fall camp in late July or early August. Basically, they get a little over a month off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

Summer workouts usually start in June when the freshmen get on campus. Then fall camp in late July or early August. Basically, they get a little over a month off.

They “ officially”  get a month off but  it would not surprise me if there were “unofficial “  position work outs  that is encouraged but not mandated, all without  coaches.

So maybe someone can enlightened me, what does the team do between now and fall camp? Is it off-season conditioning like in winter or do the players get time off?
Pretty sure Sark said they get two weeks then summer workouts..but that could have been a 9.95er report, I've had a drop or two of Bourbon over the weekend.

2 hours ago, TexasTroll said:

They “ officially”  get a month off but  it would not surprise me if there were “unofficial “  position work outs  that is encouraged but not mandated, all without  coaches.

Didn't the NCAA change the rules to allow coaches to have some interaction during the summer, other than Becton. I want to say it happened in basketball.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Didn't the NCAA change the rules to allow coaches to have some interaction during the summer, other than Becton. I want to say it happened in basketball.

I could be wrong, but I thought there could be positional workouts with “non” coaches during the summer. Or something akin to that. Like analysts or some shit.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are longstanding rumors that Chip Brown is your typical old school sports reporter. By that, I mean he's allegedly a degenerate gambler and alcoholic.

There's a longstanding rumor that Chip Brown has been paid to write hit pieces about Texas as an "insider" by benefactors of other programs, particularly Oklahoma and one of their donors in Dallas with ties to Brown from his DMN days. Usually, these hit pieces are very well timed. The fucking star of OU's defense for 2021 will be Nik Bonnito. Bonnito was torn between Texas and OU before SD1 a few years back. Herman and staff believed he gave them a silent. OU needed a backer. Magically, a day or two before SD1, Chip Brown writes a hit piece on Texas' culture as a program. This document gets emailed to Bonnito and mom, and then they have a conference call with OU. He never returned another Texas call, text or email, signed with OU, and has become a star. 

There's also the simple fact that Chip Brown has been historically wrong repeatedly. 

So you have a guy that can't respect the HC enough to call him anything but a nickname, as though they're that familiar, with a penchant for being fundamentally wrong and habits that lead to him being compromised by enemies and effectively on another staff's payroll whenever they need him to fuck us. 

Sarkisian learned from Saban to be very paranoid about the media. Allegedly he had write-ups done on the regular reporters for the staff in the first few weeks. Then he froze out his staff from talking to reporters outside of scheduled press. I'm guessing he was educated on Brown early, and he's rightly not going to cultivate any kind of relationship with him. 

The bigger question is why CDC continues to use Chip Brown as a mouthpiece when he, in fact, fucking knows better. 

Unfortunately it appears Sark has chosen to use Brian Davis as his mouthpiece. That’s who he spoke with about the Stoops hire not happening and the first reporter he did a sit down 1 v 1 interview with.

11 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I could be wrong, but I thought there could be positional workouts with “non” coaches during the summer. Or something akin to that. Like analysts or some shit.

If you really care, I believe this link -> https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/20-Hour-Rule-Document.pdf spells it out.

There's dates involved about when things can occur. However, I understand the NCAA recognized that a lot of kids just won't quit. Being in a major football program means that they'll work whenever they can.

Unsupervised workouts without knowledgeable trainers ended up killing some kids. Thus, the NCAA allows training staff to assist with workouts. These workouts have to be "voluntary" in that the athlete has to initiate them. The training staff cannot take attendance, report the results or anything else to the coaching staff, nor instruct any playbook type alignments.

• Hook 'Em 1