Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

It’s one of the worst defense in FBS. That’s not all talent chief.

if the guy has successful defenses throughout his career spanning several teams and he just starts sucking, well it just might be the players. How many points has foster cost us because of the dumb dumbs and how many yards did Brock cost us because of being slooooooow? 

And dont get me started on our offensive line that keeps the defense on the field so much because they suck so much ass. This team lacks skill BUT it might be because of years of lack of talent development. I am willing to give this year up as 8 and 4 with growing pains, but will not settle for less next year  

Don't make me yell at clouds even more homie 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That kid looked good.  Considering the media was calling rattler a Heisman front runner a month ago and this kid looked twice as good.  

Yeah I'll be interested to see if he continues to look good once there is tape out there on him. Hopefully we see him again this year. 

Edited by SarkAfterDark

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Name the teams for us

Montana State[edit]

Kwiatkowski moved to Montana State in 2000 and coordinated the Bobcats' defense for six seasons. While in Bozeman, his defenses were a league-best in yards allowed per game, passing defense, and scoring defense. In 2002, on the back of Kwiatkowski's defense the Bobcats earned a spot in the playoffs for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Boise State[edit]

Following a highly successful stretch in Bozeman, Kwiatkowski returned to Boise State in 2006 to coach the defensive line under recently promoted head coach Chris Petersen. In 2010, he was promoted to defensive coordinator and his unit finished second nationally in total defense; he stayed at BSU through 2013.

Washington[edit]

After the 2013 season, Kwiatkowski followed Petersen to Washington in Seattle. In his debut season as defensive coordinator for the Huskies in 2014, he coached three to All-American status, including the first unanimous All-American at Washington in 20 years: defensive end Hau'oli Kikaha. Four of Kwiatkowski's players were selected in the first two rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft, including three in the first round.[4]

Just now, nineliveslost said:

Montana State[edit]

Kwiatkowski moved to Montana State in 2000 and coordinated the Bobcats' defense for six seasons. While in Bozeman, his defenses were a league-best in yards allowed per game, passing defense, and scoring defense. In 2002, on the back of Kwiatkowski's defense the Bobcats earned a spot in the playoffs for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Boise State[edit]

Following a highly successful stretch in Bozeman, Kwiatkowski returned to Boise State in 2006 to coach the defensive line under recently promoted head coach Chris Petersen. In 2010, he was promoted to defensive coordinator and his unit finished second nationally in total defense; he stayed at BSU through 2013.

Washington[edit]

After the 2013 season, Kwiatkowski followed Petersen to Washington in Seattle. In his debut season as defensive coordinator for the Huskies in 2014, he coached three to All-American status, including the first unanimous All-American at Washington in 20 years: defensive end Hau'oli Kikaha. Four of Kwiatkowski's players were selected in the first two rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft, including three in the first round.[4]

So clearly running through a murderers’ row of offenses 

The coordinator's job is to get guys in position to be successful. He's not even doing anything exotic right now, these guys are failing at fundamentals, missing tackles, getting outleveraged, and playing balls poorly. They are actually matching routes pretty well, but they make bad decisions in the "moment of truth" situations.

There is no way Caleb Williams should have run for a 66 yd TD on 4th and 1. Jerrin Thompson chooses to lunge at his feet instead of closing the gap. Boneheaded plays on defense and special teams sunk us today.

These issues were made worse by the OL sinking the offense

• Hook 'Em 1

Ojomo just admitted in interview they were not prepared for the counter. The sad thing is, this is something that traditionally has been ou identity. You always have to be ready for it. We got burned repeatedly being completely out leveraged and not penetrating gaps. It was too easy for ou

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Ojomo just admitted in interview they were not prepared for the counter. The sad thing is, this is something that traditionally has been ou identity. You always have to be ready for it. We got burned repeatedly being completely out leveraged and not penetrating gaps. It was too easy for ou

This makes no sense. blOU runs GT counter ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME, it's their thing.

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

What the fuck? Even I know that's what OU loves to run. Get your head out of your ass Pete. It's one thing to not have the personnel, it's another to be unprepared for something the opposing team likes to run. 

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I'd find this hard to believe, maybe they weren't prepared for the direct snap counter play, which fuck that play, but it is a well designed play. For them to not be prepared for the counter in general tells me no one from the coaches to the players watched any tape.

The time of possession excuse is tired. We can’t get any pressure. We can’t stop either the run or pass. I don’t know if keeping Ash would have been a solution, but whoever ends up being our long term DC needs to recruit strong front 7 players.

Edited by USNALonghorn

The defense has been trash all year, in literally every game. It has been patently obvious to anyone watching objectively.

Yes, our lbs suck as we are limited there talent wise. But, we returned 7 guys from last year’s defense. There’s still no excuse for being this bad. Our defensive coaches have been terrible this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'd find this hard to believe, maybe they weren't prepared for the direct snap counter play, which fuck that play, but it is a well designed play. For them to not be prepared for the counter in general tells me no one from the coaches to the players watched any tape.

Yeah I’m just relaying what he said verbatim in the interview. 

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

The time of possession excuse is tired. We can’t get any pressure. We can’t stop either the run or pass. I don’t know if keeping Ash would have been a solution, but whoever ends up being out long term DC needs to recruit strong front 7 players.

That is kinda what we are doing looking at the 22 class

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

they just interviewed a dlineman, not sure which one and he said they knew it was coming and prepared for it

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

The defense has been trash all year, in literally every game. It has been patently obvious to anyone watching objectively.

Yes, our lbs suck as we are limited there talent wise. But, we returned 7 guys from last year’s defense. There’s still no excuse for being this bad. Our defensive coaches have been terrible this year.

Were any of those guys good? Joseph Ossai made last year's D much better than it really was. 

We're lacking edge talent defensively, but we should have played better than we did.

This defense is not just a bunch of jags. It has many highly rated players. However, it has three big challenges.

It’s the first year of the scheme and it’s clear the players are not yet comfortable. 

We have very little depth and talent at linebacker. Overshown was all over the field but remember he’s only been playing LB for a year and a half.

Our edge DL talent is suspect, which is why Sark brought in two transfers to try and help. 

Add those three together and several unlucky secondary plays and that’s the result. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Were any of those guys good? Joseph Ossai made last year's D much better than it really was. 

We're lacking edge talent defensively, but we should have played better than we did.

Why has it been so hard to recruit edge talent? Ossai really was the most valuable player on that unit last year. 

I’m of the old school mindset that you don’t let the other team run on you. This is beyond demoralizing. PL has what he has to work with and he should be very in tune with reality by this point. I’d rather sell out to stop the run and get lit up in through the air. Maybe we get a sack or catch a pick. You let the establish the run and now you’re demoralized, giving up more yards a missing more tackles as you wear out. It’s embarrassing and deflating. This might be a dinosaur mindset, but I don’t give a fuck. I’d rather lose big while being physical rather than lose small while looking SOFT. Get off my lawn.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

This defense is not just a bunch of jags. It has many highly rated players. However, it has three big challenges.

It’s the first year of the scheme and it’s clear the players are not yet comfortable. 

We have very little depth and talent at linebacker. Overshown was all over the field but remember he’s only been playing LB for a year and a half.

Our edge DL talent is suspect, which is why Sark brought in two transfers to try and help. 

Add those three together and several unlucky secondary plays and that’s the result. 

I don't put much stock in ratings anymore. I will agree with you regarding it being the first year in this scheme. But there are plenty of guys out there just giving bad individual effort to often. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

DL isn’t just suspect, it’s a weakness and the edge is absolute liability. All the more reason so many are being taken in the 22 class

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?