Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Totally Agree.  Overshown is still new to playing LB so he can continue to improve.  The terrible play by the D-line is the biggest problem for this defense.  Second is probably poor tackling.  

I'd say poor tackling is #1 and DB miscues playing the ball is #1b, but yeah, the DL has been disappointing thus far. This unit was supposed to be a team strength. Underwhelming 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'd say poor tackling is #1 and DB miscues playing the ball is #1b, but yeah, the DL has been disappointing thus far. This unit was supposed to be a team strength. Underwhelming 

i hear scheme being blamed but hell man, DBs were right there, and didn't make plays.. Hell players had Brooks dead to rights and failed to wrap up.  Just a shit sandwich on that side of the ball..  Gotta bounce back this week cause this osu team is going to run the rock 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Closest one we have is Overshown, but he overruns too many plays and misses too many tackles. Good, but not great. I'd like to see Collins at DE more often. He bull-rushed OU's left tackle to the ground with a sack. He can't do worse than Bush or the other JAGs we have playing on the edge.

True on Collins. His recruiting profile indicates he could be that superstar. There’s a lot of focus on Bush here, but it’s part of my curiosity with what we’re trying to do. He plays hard and often does a solid job of maintaining ground. Is he playing because of work ethic or because he does what’s asked of him? And if we’re still working on culture, then maybe that’s it. The Dline is the mystery for the whole season. Sorrel plays then he doesn’t. Collins play some but not full time. We need Collins to be the guy.

Thing I’ve seen with Overshown is that he gets picked off too often on plays away but honestly that may be common with smallish backside LBers. Personally I’m not concerned with the LBers. They are active and get to the ball. They do need to miss fewer tackles. And neither have just a ton of experience. The Pig LBers looked good against us, but Ole Miss just lit em up. A&M got 34 offensive points vs. Bama even though they shut the run down. Outside of Georgia, there’s not much defensive greatness.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, Thatguy said:

And this is the part of the problem that is our fault as fans and alum. We are never willing to wait for younger guys to get coached up. So coaches feel that pressure here and play the most experienced guys in an effort to get enough wins to buy time. Look at this board. We lost a hard fought game vs OU and people are already calling Sark a fraud. Imagine if he loses 3 more games? Playing the younger guys would cost us a season. A luxury that Sark does not have. Hell, if we have a single bad year defensively PK will be the sacrificial lamb.

If he only wins 7 games this year, I will call him Seven Win Steve (SWS) until the day he is fired or wins a conference championship.

• Rage+1 1

Thanks for this @satyanash 

(Scipio Tex) Texas-Oklahoma Postmortem: Defense

Texas surrendered 55 points and 662 yards at 8.1 yards per play in one of the most hapless Longhorn defensive performances in Red River shootout history.

For context, the Sooners amassed 8.2 yards per play against the least feared of all directional Carolinas – Western Carolina – in their 76-0 rout of the Catamounts. It is noteworthy that the Oklahoma offense managed only 29 points and 385.8 yards per game against their four other FBS opponents: the murderer’s row of Tulane, Kansas State, West Virginia, and Nebraska. Those four teams are a combined 9-15 so far this year.

Sooner freshman QB Caleb Williams, inserted into the game after Lincoln Riley had his fill of Rattler for the second year in a row, threw for 202 yards and ran for another 88, running the Sooner offense as if he were facing the Sooner scout team. 66 of those 88 yards came on one short yardage touchdown run bust that was a foreshadowing of what Texas fans would see again later with respect to run fits and tackling. Before Dallas, young Caleb had thrown 11 collegiate passes in spot action. Against Texas, he went 16 of 25 with two passing touchdowns and no turnovers against Pete K’s schemes. Perhaps Caleb is the key that will unlock the Sooner offense to epic levels for the remainder of the year. Or maybe OU just stopped the stupid turnovers and ran the ball against a poorly coached run defense and converted several contested deep throws against the Texas secondary?

Sooner RB Kennedy Brooks ran for 217 yards at 8.7 yards per carry, including the final kill shot touchdown run that came on the Sooners’ final play of the game. The same direct snap misdirection play that gave the Sooners the lead on a prior one play 18 yard touchdown run that would have also scored from anywhere on the field. Before this game, the Sooners were averaging 155 yards rushing per game as a team at 4.6 yards per carry. Before Brooks racked up 217 against Texas, no Sooner running back had eclipsed 100 yards in a game, much less 200. Yet, the Sooners amassed 339 yards rushing at 8.3 yards per carry as Kennedy Brooks outproduced Bijan Robinson.

It’s one thing to get lit up by a loaded Sooner offense starting 8 NFL draft picks and a Heisman QB. This wasn’t that.

This was a freshman QB leading a previously subpar Sooner running game and offensive line to an absolute destruction of the Texas defense. Did Texas get some bad breaks? Sure. There were holds. The Sooners only drew two penalties all game. A Sooner receiver ran himself out of bounds before notching a 29 yard gain. There was a pretty clear offensive pass interference on a 50/50 ball. None of it accounts for that decimation.

I could go on. And I could break down each player and unit per usual as if individual or unit performance has any relevance to what we watched. I don’t think it’s helpful. That was a total failure at the most basic levels of the game. So I’ll just plainly state (or restate) a few things I’ve been observing all year.

Texas (D)efense:

Pad levels remain poor on much of the DL. Pad level relates to coaching, anthropometry, and physical strength (the ability to stay low and generate power). I’ll let you decide if Keondre Coburn started standing up because his center of gravity changed in a year. Tackling is appalling, particularly at safety and linebacker. Texas has a number of non-useful players in its DL rotation getting equal minutes to viable players. They were/are actively taking developmental snaps from players with viable upside, namely Collins and Murphy.

The DL who are decent to good are clearly struggling to play in a methodology that puts on onus on playmaking (or play erasing) from linebackers and safeties. The middle of the field at the 2nd and 3rd levels might as well be the Russian steppe before a Mongol cavalry.

Remember under the Herman regime when the DL was underachieving and didn’t make many plays and they fired Orlando and Texas just let them gap it and go in the Utah Alamo bowl game and the front dominated and racked up sacks and tackles for loss like a sorority girl abusing Dad’s Amex? Maybe how you play the DL might influence how they play. Of course, it’s also who you play…

Vernon Broughton played snaps at both DE(!) and DT. I don’t know why. Carrying bad weight, stands straight up, too weak. Keondre Coburn has spent most of the season watching. He made a play in the early 3rd quarter and I nearly fell out of my chair. Who is #99, I thought? Oh, Coburn. Jett Bush played a number of snaps, a few of them at 3 technique (!) on passing downs. He does try hard and did draw a holding call though. You play a really light guy inside on a passing down because you’re going to play games with him and run some T/E stunts with other quickness guys. Nope. Texas instructs Bush to fire off and try to collapse the pocket. Against a guy who outweighs him by 100 pounds.

I lost count of the number of missed tackles from linebackers and safeties at the second level that resulted in an extra 200+ yards of Sooner rushing (and three long touchdowns). Jerrin Thompson, Brockermeyer, Foster, Overshown, Schooler all were victimized. They were the unblocked run force on some huge Sooner runs and they bounced off of Kennedy Brooks (or a freshman QB) as if they’d encountered a prime Earl Campbell. No other defense OU has played this year has experienced that phenomenon. Is it because the tacklers from Tulane and West Virginia wrap up?

Playing two deep safeties works when they can tackle reliably filling the alley from deep, have real lateral range, and play with anticipation. 0/3.

BJ Foster is much worse as a senior than he was as a true freshman. He’s also physically weaker. I don’t know how that’s possible when a guy eats for free and is obligated to spend time around 30 million dollars of weights. I have no idea how a classic physical box safety once full of dawg has degenerated so badly and is now being played as a two deep spectator with limited range and ball skills feebly throwing shoulders at ballcarriers expecting them to go down. He got manhandled by OU receivers (including Drake Stoops) on several runs. Stoops is a 5-10 slot receiver who looks like he has a paper route.

Don’t ever call it a 50/50 ball when a Texas DB is involved. It’s 80/20 and I know who has the 80. Speaking of player’s getting weaker and struggling to hold ground, win 80/20s, or hold low pads…strength and conditioning looks very poor. This is a physically weak defense overall. As if they spent the entire offseason screwing around with light weights and doing rate of force... ahem... “functional” training.

Final

Six games into his tenure, Pete Kwiatkowki and his defensive staff have failed in what they’re trying to do with the Longhorn defense. He’s locked into doing it his way. Right now, it’s the other way. Scheme, philosophy, and personnel need a major rethink, but none of that matters much without low pads, better tackling, and the right players demonstrating an understanding of the defense. That may not yield a good defense, but it will yield a watchable one...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Speaking of player’s getting weaker and struggling to hold ground, win 80/20s, or hold low pads…strength and conditioning looks very poor. This is a physically weak defense overall. As if they spent the entire offseason screwing around with light weights and doing rate of force... ahem... “functional” training.

Holy shit. That's a pretty damning statement. Finesse functional and flexibility shit has it's place, but should NEVER be the key feature of an S&C program. Heavy squats and single leg exercises are where studs are made. If true, Becton is a complete fraud. Might as well bring back Yancy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

…strength and conditioning looks very poor. This is a physically weak defense overall. As if they spent the entire offseason screwing around with light weights and doing rate of force... ahem... “functional” training.

Scipio works out a lot and thinks he may have the right formula for S&C.  Made an entire pod about it back in August.  Guess he is no fan for Becton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Holy shit. That's a pretty damning statement. Finesse functional and flexibility shit has it's place, but should NEVER be the key feature of an S&C program. Heavy squats and single leg exercises are where studs are made. If true, Becton is a complete fraud. Might as well bring back Yancy.

lol, u serious? Right now he would be getting blamed for pulled groins, separated shoulders and plodding feet by now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thiefery said:

lol, u serious? Right now he would be getting blamed for pulled groins, separated shoulders and plodding feet by now

There is a qualifier on my statement “if true”. Our trench players look physically weak this year and it may not be a coincidence. When I heard that our skill players and strength position players use the same program, I got very concerned. Our injury rate under Yancy was shitty, but if you’re weak it doesn’t matter how healthy and flexible you are. The functional stuff is great as a supplement to the tried and true strength training. Strength and skill players should have different flavors of S&C program.

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

There is a qualifier on my statement “if true”. Our trench players look physically weak this year and it may not be a coincidence. When I heard that our skill players and strength position players use the same program, I got very concerned. Our injury rate under Yancy was shitty, but if you’re weak it doesn’t matter how healthy and flexible you are. The functional stuff is great as a supplement to the tried and true strength training. Strength and skill players should have different flavors of S&C program.

Gotcha, but blaming S&C is the lowest hanging fruit for the board/media.  Mad dog sucked, Moore sucked, Yancey sucked, Becton sucks?..  Maybe we should have kept Bennie Wylie? LMAO jk jk jk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Scipio works out a lot and thinks he may have the right formula for S&C.  Made an entire pod about it back in August.  Guess he is no fan for Becton

Scip would complain about any S&C coach. He maybe right, I  dont know. Becton is not an innovator, but given his history I dont think he is necessarily a negative. The term JAG comes  to mind. The real issue is the defense is bad. The edges are held up by the likes of Jett Bush, when simple physics will tell you he isnt going to win many match-ups. The defense is set up to funnel plays to the LBs and Safeties, when neither are very good or tackle particularly well. Those are much bigger issues right now, than asking how many squats Texas did this year. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Aside from the S&C stuff, a lot of those criticisms from Scipio - tackling, pad level, player rotation and selection - sound like position coach issues. The scheme stuff (just let them play like they did against Utah) is more directed to PK. I can understand the growing pains of switching into a new scheme that the DC wants to run, but the issues seem to be much more fundamental than that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Thiefery said:

Gotcha, but blaming S&C is the lowest hanging fruit for the board/media.  Mad dog sucked, Moore sucked, Yancey sucked, Becton sucks?..  Maybe we should have kept Bennie Wylie? LMAO jk jk jk

I hear where you’re coming from. However there is a difference between an average/forgettable S&C coach and guy that’s fixated on gimmicks. The former will still get strong fast guys out on the field (maybe not the healthiest) the latter produces weak guys that get whooped on the field. I’m not saying I’m 100% buying into what Scipio has to say. But I have heard some very concerning things about Becton’s approach during the off-season. Like many things, there is a healthy balance. You need the traditional strength training (squats, cleans, single-leg) to build up a solid baseline. The functional/flexibility training is great as a supplement for the skill guys. It should never be the main feature. You will not build strength and power with that alone. The most concerning aspect of his program is that he’s using a cookie cutter approach and having all position groups use the same program. IF TRUE, that is absolutely ridiculous. That could a big part of why we’ll look so weak in the trenches and why our performance drops off late in games. Would a track and field S&C coach flavor the sprinters, distance guys, and throwers the same program? Fuck no. I was on lower tier D1 track team (I was a scrub), and we all had different programs. It’s just basic shit. I’m concerned with Becton’s approach, and based on everything I’ve heard it sounds like a gimmick.

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I hear where you’re coming from. However there is a difference between an average/forgettable S&C coach and guy that’s fixated on gimmicks. The former will still get strong fast guys out on the field (maybe not the healthiest) the latter produces weak guys that get whooped on the field. I’m not saying I’m 100% buying into what Scipio has to say. But I have heard some very concerning things about Becton’s approach during the off-season. Like many things, there is a healthy balance. You need the traditional strength training (squats, cleans, single-leg) to build up a solid baseline. The functional/flexibility training is great as a supplement for the skill guys. It should never be the main feature. You will not build strength and power with that alone. The most concerning aspect of his program is that he’s using a cookie cutter approach and having all position groups use the same program. IF TRUE, that is absolutely ridiculous. That could a big part of why we’ll look so weak in the trenches and why our performance drops off late in games. Would a track and field S&C coach flavor the sprinters, distance guys, and throwers the same program? Fuck no. I was on lower tier D1 track team (I was a scrub), and we all had different programs. It’s just basic shit. I’m concerned with Becton’s approach, and based on everything I’ve heard it sounds like a gimmick.

That would be a huge red flag and basically bizzaro Yancy. 

I have wondered about the S&C program. It does seem to have helped with injuries compared to Yancy (although this week was rough), and the new strategy makes a lot of sense for WRs, RBs, CBs, etc who Yancy had clearly overbulked. But it does seem to be a problem in the trenches where you need raw strength.

So I don't think it's a gimmick but maybe just the wrong focus for certain positions. We'll see, maybe Becton felt he had to overdo it this offseason to correct Yancy's "functional" shortcomings and will shift going forward. Or maybe we're all full of shit and the problem is really more coaching than S&C. Whatever it is, the regression on the DL and run D in general is astonishing. 

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

GIF-OK-okay-Cheryl-Cole-GIF.gif&ehk=IWil

In 6 total games he has managed to lose to an average Arkansas team by more than Herman lost to anyone during his time here. He just posted the biggest choke job in Texas / OU history. He also has a defense that is worse than any we have seen in the last decade, and we have seen some dogshit defense during that time period. Forgive me if I'm not on the bandwagon this week.

If he loses 5 games with this team (which was the post I was responding to) I will have absolutely ZERO faith that Sark is they guy and will likely tune out like I have basketball for the last 3-4 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Damn y’all already blaming S&C? Never change Surly. 

Its Scip being Scip. Rights a whole piece about how the PK needs to rethink his approach, because he does not have the piece to run the defense in his preferred manner and than adds in that he would have had them doing more squats to mix everything. I dont give shit how many squat Jett Bush does, he is isnt winning lined up on an inside shoulder of a OT. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Its Scip being Scip. Rights a whole piece about how the PK needs to rethink his approach, because he does not have the piece to run the defense in his preferred manner and than adds in that he would have had them doing more squats to mix everything. I dont give shit how many squat Jett Bush does, he is isnt winning lined up on an inside shoulder of a OT. 

Yup. 

we have like 1 maybe 2 guys who would be starters on other top defenses. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yup. 

we have like 1 maybe 2 guys who would be starters on other top defenses. 

Damn it. Just realized I typed "rights" instead on writes and it has been too long to edit. It is now out there forever, that I am a moron. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Where are they now? My quick research:

Mad Dog - n/a (retired). I'll give big guy a pass.

Pat Moorer - fired along with Charlie after cratering another program at USF. Now at assistant S&C coach with the Texans. Seems like a step backward but he's doing okay, I guess.

Yancy Mcknight - unemployed. Posts Ric Flair gifs on twitter.

In hindsight, some of those complaints seem justified.

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Would love to see a change and go straight up 4-3 base defense. PK seems like a manny Diaz exotic defense and formations. Didn’t he do that straight line of 4 guys one game? Might have been tcu. I hate that shit.

It was against Tech when we were up big. But yeah, it’s not hard to make the argument that retaining Chris Ash and his scheme would have been an improvement over the results so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Totally Agree.  Overshown is still new to playing LB so he can continue to improve.  The terrible play by the D-line is the biggest problem for this defense.  Second is probably poor tackling.  

I have a vague memory of @closetojumping making a long-term bet with someone over whether Coburn or Ojomo was going to end up being the better player (this was back when both were still in high school). It looks like we're getting closer and closer to a definitive answer.

Demarvion Overshown is the only even remotely draftable player on the defense right now. 

You guys need to stop being a bunch of bitches and realize that, there's a lot of good recruits coming in that will fit in better with what we are trying to do.

The passes were well defended, you can't stop insane heroic catches with a fucking toe in bounds. The run defense left quite a bit to be desired, but not because of scheme, there was a lot of "broken tackles" if you consider a shoulder check an attempted tackle. Our guys only seem to be able to tackle by tripping instead of wrapping up.

Tackling was the big fuck up. These guys know how to tackle, but to tackle you have to have good form and be at least as strong as the guy you are tackling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Would love to see a change and go straight up 4-3 base defense. PK seems like a manny Diaz exotic defense and formations. Didn’t he do that straight line of 4 guys one game? Might have been tcu. I hate that shit.

We'd still have issues.. the front 4, any mix you can think of, isn't going to generate a rush. We have 2 ILBs that area already struggling who's going to be the 3rd?  Ovie? Thornton?

EDIT--- This is why the staff is grabbing DL/LB recruits as much as they are.  Hell they are still trying to bring more in, and currently we have a very very salty DL commit class for '22.

Edited by Thiefery
we'll get better

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We need to get by OSU and use our upcoming bye week wisely. Tackling drills, pursuit angles, and shedding blocks should be the focus.

Seems like we've been saying the same thing every year since Mack was here.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

We'd still have issues.. the front 4, any mix you can think of, isn't going to generate a rush. We have 2 ILBs that area already struggling who's going to be the 3rd?  Ovie? Thornton?

not sure it is possible with Jones injury, but here are some thoughts. I do this mostly, because I need to believe there is a chance the defense can get better. 

#1. Get bigger on the edges. I would not mind opening up Collins, Ojomo, Sweat, and Jones across the LOS. Want to see more Murphy and Sorrell coming off the bench

#2. I hate do this, but I would move Cook to FS. Look at Adimora, Barron, or Crawford at the Star (NB). Current safeties have no feel for the passing game and are not good tacklers. I think Cook would help on both accounts. 

#3.. LB- I have no ideas.

Am I panicking? Probably, but I think major changes need to be made. This is the unadjusted stats

Texas 106th in Total Defense
115th in yards per play
110th in rush yards allowed
118th in rush yards per attempt
85th in pass yards allowed
86th in pass yards per attempt

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Scipio has spoken.  Kwiatkowski is fucking up.  
Looks like Sark is going to have his first big test of fixing a bad hire.

PK has been astonishingly bad. Like goddamn maybe Mike Stoops was the better hire bad. I’m flummoxed because I was right there with nearly everyone, both here and nationally, thinking it was an excellent hire.

I don’t think he’ll fire a coordinator after one year and I’m not sure you’re implying that’s the fix, so we’ll see what things look like this time next year, but I have to agree it seems Sark may have struck out on this.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

PK has been astonishingly bad. Like goddamn maybe Mike Stoops was the better hire bad. I’m flummoxed because I was right there with nearly everyone, both here and nationally, thinking it was an excellent hire.

I don’t think he’ll fire a coordinator after one year and I’m not sure you’re implying that’s the fix, so we’ll see what things look like this time next year, but I have to agree it seems Sark may have struck out on this.

I'm in this camp now, but this is exactly what worried me when all of the hiring was going on. I did not like that he hired the D coordinator last after hiring the position coaches first on D. I understand best available but if PK and his position coaches don't gel then you end up with this shit. All the off-season stuff we heard about PK and knowing that the DL was supposed to be the bell cow of the D, my expectations were way higher than the output thus far. Disappointing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Maybe this could be a good sign?  I mean every other new DC that came along a new Coaching hire did well year 1, then went to shit the following seasons.. Maybe PK is the opposite and it gets better from here on out???

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Let’s go peloton!!!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pac12/Boise state - there you go.

as someone else said - is Gerg still available?

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Maybe this could be a good sign?  I mean every other new DC that came along a new Coaching hire did well year 1, then went to shit the following seasons.. Maybe PK is the opposite and it gets better from here on out???

That's what i keep telling myself, but god damn the stats from this year are miserable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I did not like that he hired the D coordinator last after hiring the position coaches first on D. I understand best available but if PK and his position coaches don't gel then you end up with this shit. All the off-season stuff we heard about PK and knowing that the DL was supposed to be the bell cow of the D, my expectations were way higher than the output thus far. Disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It’s pure hubris. You don’t go from a highly sought after coordinator to drooling moron overnight.  

Refusing to alter your scheme when your personnel can’t run it. We’ve seen that before and the results  

You can’t have Coburn in the doghouse when the whole unit is shit. 

fuck this guy

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

That's what i keep telling myself, but god damn the stats from this year are miserable.

And it’s not likely to be a fast improvement in terms of players. Sure we have a huge DL class coming next year, but they are still gonna be freshman. And unless we portal in some instant NFL talent, it’s gonna be a struggle next year too. I guess we can only hope that some of the younger guys become elite next year

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s pure hubris. You don’t go from a highly sought after coordinator to drooling moron overnight.  

Refusing to alter your scheme when your personnel can’t run it. We’ve seen that before and the results  

You can’t have Coburn in the doghouse when the whole unit is shit. 

fuck this guy

Given the guys he has, what magical scheme is it that will work? (Keeping in mind you likely need a few weeks to implement it) It seems more times than not the scheme and play call have been correct and players have been in position they are supposed to be in, they just aren't making plays.

34 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I'm in this camp now, but this is exactly what worried me when all of the hiring was going on. I did not like that he hired the D coordinator last after hiring the position coaches first on D. I understand best available but if PK and his position coaches don't gel then you end up with this shit. All the off-season stuff we heard about PK and knowing that the DL was supposed to be the bell cow of the D, my expectations were way higher than the output thus far. Disappointing.

This always kinda confused me as well. Like did PK have any input at all on hires? Was it just announced later due to contractual reasons? Or did we have a plan in place and it got upended and we went after PK as a last ditch effort? It’s clearly not working on the defensive side of the ball right now and it’s painful to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?