2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

That’s pretty hilarious. Cancelling a purple polka dotted dinosaur. 

Not hilarious: I’d bet anything opposing fans  will be shouting “dinger” at Brinson as a tongue in cheek insult. Even though he didn’t raise any stink about this and said he didn’t even hear the fan. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah that’s for sure the only way to do it. I have no idea how the Dodgers, Yankees, & angels are still in operation without mascots.

You’re  right. Because what parent would ever take their kids to any of those parks and expose them to those vulgar and violent fan bases?

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Who named their mascot “Dinger”? Did “Rocky” just make too much sense? Avalanche, nugget, a million more relevant names for that thing. Pro sport mascots are dumb anyways. 

How about "Digger"?  Like digging for gold in the mountains, or something.  Just spitballing here.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Eloy on fire....4 homers 10 rbis last 11 innings

as a Cubs fan i don't take a lot of joy in saying this, but the White Sox are so badass. Eloy, Luis Robert, Tim Anderson, Abreu, Giolito, Lynn, Rodon...i've felt for a while now that it will be Houston and the White Sox in the ALCS. that said, as a Cubs fan i very much look forward to watching Tony LaRussa completely screw the pooch in the postseason. what a terrible fit he is for a such a young and talented team. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Stanton just tied his own record for hardest hit ball in statcast era. 122 MPH. Of course it resulted in a GIDP. 

i'd want no part of a grounder hit right at me at 122mph.  if it was to my left or right fine, but right at me no thanks.

37 minutes ago, WBT said:

What was he suspended for?

Not what he was suspended for, but he was vehemently arguing several months back that the election was rigged because Trump lost… California. If that gives you an idea of how grounded in reality he is. He also advocated violence against liberal people on multiple occasions, I believe he got suspended briefly last year for it. 

59 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not what he was suspended for, but he was vehemently arguing several months back that the election was rigged because Trump lost… California. If that gives you an idea of how grounded in reality he is. He also advocated violence against liberal people on multiple occasions, I believe he got suspended briefly last year for it. 

didnt he say it’s ok to rape Muslim women ?

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

An interesting strategy to have a misogynistic and racially insensitive company like Barstool represent your brand. Let’s see how that works for them. 

Working out ok with ESPN I guess.....soooooooo

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

So lasts nights game was kind of historical

and they still lost.

Another way of putting it (and the way I saw it phrased) the Yankees blew a save 4 innings in a row - which has never happened before.

But, like you said, you got the last laugh. 

4 hours ago, WBT said:

He'd get to the plate faster if he slid feet first and got the front foot down.

Yes but the way he did it he avoided any chance of the tag. Unless it was a force out situation which I don't think it was. 

That's a 10/10 slide.