Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

“Oh Canada” might be the single shittiest work of music in human history. Just godawful to listen to. 

IDK, I have the 70's channel preset on Sirius XM. Brings back a lot of HS memories but for all the good Rock music that the 70's gave, there's a ton of low grade crap. Shout out to The Night Chicago Died, Billy Don't be a Hero, Having my Baby and Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting. 

Edited by Crapinon

1 minute ago, Crapinon said:

IDK, I have the 70's channel preset on Sirius XM. Brings back a lot of HS memories but for all the good Rock music that the 70's gave, there's a ton of low grade crap. Shout out to The Night Chicago Died, Billy Don't be a Hero, Having my Baby and Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting. 

And yeah I misspelled Fu. Can't change it now

The fact that Neil Sedaka had a career still baffles me.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Meh... Boomer Sooner and plethora of aggy shit are way worse.

Plus good hockey follows almost every time I hear Oh Canada.

Yep.  I always remember that bit in Cheers, about Karla and Eddie (who had been a backup goalie).  After Eddie was killed in a tragic Zamboni accident, she wanted to hear Oh Canada - "it was kind of our song."

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  I always remember that bit in Cheers, about Karla and Eddie (who had been a backup goalie).  After Eddie was killed in a tragic Zamboni accident, she wanted to hear Oh Canada - "it was kind of our song."

I assume you know the story behind why they killed him off the show?  The Zamboni accident was a stroke of genius though considering they didn’t have much time to concoct a story.  

i am at rollingwood plaza for something, killing some time.  I’m estimating 800 parking spots between these two garages.  1000 spots total with under the building and surface parking.  And there’s maybe 100 cars here.  What a fucking waste of space. It’s 80 and humid out and there’s this guy in a goose down vest pacing on the phone.  Nothing makes any sense any more.  

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I assume you know the story behind why they killed him off the show?  The Zamboni accident was a stroke of genius though considering they didn’t have much time to concoct a story.  

I used to listen to Jay Thomas on Sirius. If I remember correctly he said a couple of things about Rhea Pearlman that she didn't like and got him fired. Is this right?

Yep.  Was basically joking around with the hosts about how gross it was to have to even "stage" kiss her.  He was probably half in the bag.  Anyway, a friend tipped her off IIRC and the Cheers crew ran down a tape of the broadcast.  She heard it and wasn't so much personally offended (she knows she's short and not exactly gorgeous), but just pissed off that he would talk shit about a cast that had been nothing but kind to him.  Apparently they were a very tight cast off-camera, more than most big shows.  So yeah, she tells the writing staff either he goes or she goes.  Obviously they aren't gonna write off Carla.  But the chef's kiss is a "freak zamboni accident."  They coulda just done the usual trope of plane crash or he ran off with another woman or whatever else happened to the other 7 baby daddies in Carla's past.  But given his hockey backstory, it was too perfect.  

I just read that if Keith Hernandez hadn't agreed to the Seinfeld episodes, their backup idea was Gary Carter. 

46 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Have a bit of the cold. Kleenex sucks, you will get snot on your hands. Give me a paper towel.

Ill use napkin, bits of paper towel, toilet paper. Whichever is closer. Dont care if one is as rough as a belt sander. 

Wife chided me for it once. Suggests I use the kleenex… “because it’s cheaper”. I doubt goddamned parfumed, travel-pack-wrapped, branded tissue is cheaper than industrial quantity single-ply paper towel. And the different in cost in either direction doesn’t matter for shit. 

But…i sure for hell wasnt going to argue that one. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Have a bit of the cold. Kleenex sucks, you will get snot on your hands. Give me a paper towel.

Viva is the tool for this. Cloth-like paper towel, less abrasive while being strong enough to contain the snot eruption. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Ill use napkin, bits of paper towel, toilet paper. Whichever is closer. Dont care if one is as rough as a belt sander. 

Wife chided me for it once. Suggests I use the kleenex… “because it’s cheaper”. I doubt goddamned parfumed, travel-pack-wrapped, branded tissue is cheaper than industrial quantity single-ply paper towel. And the different in cost in either direction doesn’t matter for shit. 

good call on the non-argument. 

On 3/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, nnm said:

Verdad.
Where I grew up, all the abuelas made the tortillas on the old wood stove cooktops and of course flipped with their fingers. 
My friends and I would be out in the arroyos and mountains doing life threatening stuff all day. No one knew where we were or what we were doing and somehow we all survived. We’d roll in to one of our houses midafternoon/evening and inevitably the resident abuela would be making tortillas. 
The smell of those tortillas cooking, the taste of one fresh from the stove, smothered with fresh butter, is something that can’t be replicated with even the best store-bought or restaurant tortillas. A little taste of heaven. 

Visual of that scene from twitter today. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

Bad Blood is a great song. With Elton John on backing vocals.

Jay Thomas said Rhea Perlman had bad breath and he hated kissing her.

Viva are the best paper towels. I use them in the kitchen. I’ll fold a small sheet in half and use that as a coaster. I use Puffs (without lotion) to blow my nose. Fold it in half and work from the bottom up, rolling it like a toothpaste tube as I go. Paper towels are too thick to effectively clean inside the nostril.

On 4/19/2023 at 8:24 AM, GoPokes83 said:

The fact that Neil Sedaka had a career still baffles me.

He’s one of the ‘50s channel hosts on satellite radio. 
Such a beating to hear him gabbing in that mousey voice of his. Almost makes Pat Boone bearable. 
(not really, we just turn them both off and watch what the trip computer is doing)

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 3:19 PM, YGIFS said:

i am at rollingwood plaza for something, killing some time.  I’m estimating 800 parking spots between these two garages.  1000 spots total with under the building and surface parking.  And there’s maybe 100 cars here.  What a fucking waste of space. It’s 80 and humid out and there’s this guy in a goose down vest pacing on the phone.  Nothing makes any sense any more.  

Goose down vest dude is carrying.

15 hours ago, 52-80 said:

obligatory

key-and-peele-peele.gif

15 hours ago, nnm said:

Viva is the tool for this. Cloth-like paper towel, less abrasive while being strong enough to contain the snot eruption. 

similarly 

EL221804.1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

On 4/20/2023 at 3:00 PM, 52-80 said:

update: we’re on a long road trip taking our dog back from under the care of our family.  the car is utterly full. at a gas station stop, wife picks up a fresh pack of sanitary wipes. 

her: i got something we can use to clean the dogs butt

me: why dont we just use our babys full stash of wet wipes?

her: i dont want to *waste* those, this is cheaper

apparently i married a paper-products economist  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

update: we’re on a long road trip taking our dog back from under the care of our family.  the car is utterly full. at a gas station stop, wife picks up a fresh pack of sanitary wipes. 

her: i got something we can use to clean the dogs butt

me: why dont we just use our babys full stash of wet wipes?

her: i dont want to *waste* those, this is cheaper

apparently i married a paper-products economist  

I have owned many dogs in my life. I have never once cleaned any of their butts. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nnm said:

I have owned many dogs in my life. I have never once cleaned any of their butts. 

Mine are allowed on the furniture and bed…and its now far too late to break this habit.

In this house we are but mere servants.

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Mine are allowed on the furniture and bed…and its now far too late to break this habit.

In this house we are but mere servants.

I don’t think their ass is the part you’ve got to worry about. 

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Your plumber is going to love you for it.

Poop like a Mexican 

A few years ago, the VP I reported to hired a guy without telling me. It may have been a diversity hire, but I didn't care as long as he put his head down and did his work. The guy thinks he's fucking awesome, brags about how great he is at everything, but all his shit is a day late and with lots of mistakes. If it's up to me, I'd fire his ass, but it's not up to me.

On Monday, the project team went to Malibu for a meeting with the Owner. Malibu is awesome, but the drive sucks. But he said "It was alright. I rented a car that made the drive enjoyable" and shows me a picture of a Porsche Boxster. I'm thinking... this guy probably makes $85K, has a wife who doesn't work, and 2 girls, how in the fuck does he have the money to rent a Porsche? 

This morning I got a call from my boss asking if I knew the guy had rented a Porsche and was trying to get reimbursed. I fucking bust out laughing. What a fucking dumbass. I hope they'll understand when I try to fire him.

51 minutes ago, Superhero said:

A few years ago, the VP I reported to hired a guy without telling me. It may have been a diversity hire, but I didn't care as long as he put his head down and did his work. The guy thinks he's fucking awesome, brags about how great he is at everything, but all his shit is a day late and with lots of mistakes. If it's up to me, I'd fire his ass, but it's not up to me.

On Monday, the project team went to Malibu for a meeting with the Owner. Malibu is awesome, but the drive sucks. But he said "It was alright. I rented a car that made the drive enjoyable" and shows me a picture of a Porsche Boxster. I'm thinking... this guy probably makes $85K, has a wife who doesn't work, and 2 girls, how in the fuck does he have the money to rent a Porsche? 

This morning I got a call from my boss asking if I knew the guy had rented a Porsche and was trying to get reimbursed. I fucking bust out laughing. What a fucking dumbass. I hope they'll understand when I try to fire him.

Tl;dr

Cocky sumbitch rented a Porsche for an in-town trip then tried to get reimbursed for it. 

Edited by Superhero

Cargo shorts and Adidas flip flops. 

Since the pandemic, I’ve converted to golf attire for both WFH and RTO. Our org is 50/50 on RTO, and not pushing for more, now or in the future. It’s comfortable, light and airy, and easy to maintain. Fuck you dry cleaning/ironing!

The only difference in the wardrobe (outside of serious chores at home or on the farm are when jeans and work boot are needed), is when I’m not not playing golf or at the office, it’s Oofos sliders vs. golf shoes.

The only additional piece of wardrobe needed is a sports jacket for more formal in person meetings, or with the occasional suit for the higher ups or social stuff.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Disney World:  Come for our new anti-woke/anti-pride parades.  Stay to photograph your children sitting next to to known child killer on Space Mountain.  

Isn’t DeSantis’s war on Disney World for the opposite of this?  I’m pretty sure he’s also upset because they are having pride days.  

There's lot of stories on here about a marked decline in quality.  Time to get your order and overall service have been abysmal for years now.  But IMHO, the quality of the burgers has declined noticeably.  Obviously it can change region to region with different distributors.  Fries, bun, and cheese are all same to me.  But the veggies and the patty itself are way fucking different.  I can't put my finger on it only than to say everything wastes more "watery" if that makes sense.  

• Hook 'Em 1