Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Did you try it with a grape juice or wine chaser?

No. We were playing an afternoon gig on a bar patio. Some guy kept ordering something called a 1 and 1, which after chatting a bit apparently was a shot of peanut butter whiskey and a bud light. He sent me a shot of the whiskey but fortunately spared me the bud light.

Quite tasty and good for the vocal chords I’d have to say.
  • Like 1

No. We were playing an afternoon gig on a bar patio. Some guy kept ordering something called a 1 and 1, which after chatting a bit apparently was a shot of peanut butter whiskey and a bud light. He sent me a shot of the whiskey but fortunately spared me the bud light.

Quite tasty and good for the vocal chords I’d have to say.

I thought a grape juice chaser might make it taste like a PB&J.
  • Haha 1

Peanut Butter Whiskey & Bud Light?  The fuck?  

Just the fact that you guys typed that crap out made me wake up early and take a huge, gnarly dump.  

Like we don't thank our bodies enough for not shitting while we sleep.  But I literally woke up, despite taking PM cold medicine for allergies, at 4am, and am reading this fucking thread as I am taking my toilet out for what I can only describe as a back-alley abortion.  And it feels like I spent Friday doing peanut butter whiskey and tepid bud light with Kid Rock.  Sickies.  

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Framber Valdez’s kids go to my kids’ old preschool (where they still attend an after school program). Wife drives a wagoneer and where exceptionally tight desses and/or short skirts.

For someone who takes a ton of pictures (very good, BTW) I've seen any of these allegedly "tight dresses and/or short skirts".

I was one of a handful of people in our office yesterday. I needed something for lunch. It was cold and rainy. There’s a 7-11 nearby. I walk in. They are running a “10 wings for $5” special. Victory is mine. I grab 10 of their crispy spicy wings and eat them at my desk. I’ve been eating healthier lately, so this was not a typical lunch for me, but I said what the fuck.
Last night around 9:30, my stomach had a full January 6 insurrection, and I’m pretty sure I shat out the Q-anon Shaman, horned hat and all.
$5 is a bargain. But you pay more later.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was one of a handful of people in our office yesterday. I needed something for lunch. It was cold and rainy. There’s a 7-11 nearby. I walk in. They are running a “10 wings for $5” special. Victory is mine. I grab 10 of their crispy spicy wings and eat them at my desk. I’ve been eating healthier lately, so this was not a typical lunch for me, but I said what the fuck.
Last night around 9:30, my stomach had a full January 6 insurrection, and I’m pretty sure I shat out the Q-anon Shaman, horned hat and all.

True FAFO situation. You should have opted for the 7-11 sushi to complete your meal and ER trip. 
Peanut butter whiskey and 7-11 crispy spicy wings on the same page. Y’all are some sick mofos. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Peanut Butter Whiskey & Bud Light?  The fuck?  

Just the fact that you guys typed that crap out made me wake up early and take a huge, gnarly dump.  

Like we don't thank our bodies enough for not shitting while we sleep.  But I literally woke up, despite taking PM cold medicine for allergies, at 4am, and am reading this fucking thread as I am taking my toilet out for what I can only describe as a back-alley abortion.  And it feels like I spent Friday doing peanut butter whiskey and tepid bud light with Kid Rock.  Sickies.  

Ah. Those times where you secretly wonder how the toilet managed to swallow it all. 

True FAFO situation. You should have opted for the 7-11 sushi to complete your meal and ER trip. 
Peanut butter whiskey and 7-11 crispy spicy wings on the same page. Y’all are some sick mofos. 

I mean, I SHOULD have stuck with the “2 for $2.22” roller grill items. That taco meat and cheese taquito thingie is a winner.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, of all my conversations with you...we've only talked about food twice.  Waffle House and 7-11 buffalo wings.  Get your shit together, man.  We're adults.  Supposedly.  Not that I'm one to talk.  Wife sent me to target this morning to get some stuff for Easter.  And I ate "breakfast" at the snack counter.  I am currently experiencing contractions about 3 minutes apart and have to go to a shit-ton of yardwork with my asshole clenched like Epstein in the yard.

4 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Self help books get a bad rap. You can actually learn some things about how to be a better human from time to time from them.

They've been great for me.  Helped me be a better human, less neurotic, no more fear of public speaking.  I'm chill.   But, when someone cuts in line at the airport, I'm still pissed

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

They've been great for me.  Helped me be a better human, less neurotic, no more fear of public speaking.  I'm chill.   But, when someone cuts in line at the airport, I'm still pissed
Have you tried the self help book that shows you how to make a lethal dart from a common ink pen?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Self help books get a bad rap. You can actually learn some things about how to be a better human from time to time from them.
All joking aside I've had great success with a variety of self-help books especially unwinding some serious anger issues. Best investment I ever made. Probably made more progress on my own than in therapy and I spent a lot of time and treasure there too.

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My favorite self help book

The Anarchist's Cookbook' author says it should go out of print after  latest shooting - oregonlive.com

I was so disappointed when Paladin Press went out of business but with the internet you don't need a hardcopy of how to make C4. And years ago I downloaded of copy of Secrets of the Ninja. So I know how to walk on gravel without making a sound except for the grinding of all my joints, which sounds like me walking on gravel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

serenity-now.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
8 hours ago, tbone_ said:

All joking aside I've had great success with a variety of self-help books especially unwinding some serious anger issues. Best investment I ever made. Probably made more progress on my own than in therapy and I spent a lot of time and treasure there too.

I've always fallen asleep reading self help books. But gotta say $95/hour with an anger management therapist was the best money I ever spent. 

my son just got an acceptance letter from The University of California - Merced.

In other news, today I learned that UC-Merced exists.

It's like when you hear from the oncologist who reviewed your lab results the first time. Yesterday, you had no idea this fucker existed; suddenly, you realize you're going to be sending them tens of thousands of dollars over the next several years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

my son just got an acceptance letter from The University of California - Merced.

In other news, today I learned that UC-Merced exists.

It's like when you hear from the oncologist who reviewed your lab results the first time. Yesterday, you had no idea this fucker existed; suddenly, you realize you're going to be sending them tens of thousands of dollars over the next several years.

Congrats, that's a great school.  If he doesn't like it after a year, he can transfer within the UC system (with decent grades).  I lived not too far from there for awhile in the late 90's.  Good town without the weird meth-trash vibe that Modesto and Fresno give off, plus it's a great jumping-off point to Yosemite National Park one way, and Monterey Bay the other way.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

First electric big rig I’ve ever seen. 
(in Round Rock today) 

The absence of huge diesel exhausts was duly noticed.

E9390F1C-F85D-4264-940C-E48436AACCC1.jpeg

we beta tested some of those tractors like 15 years ago with Volvo.  Fucking battery took up 1/3rd of the trailer size making the economics of a full load, let alone an LTL, completely backwards.  But with storage and compression, they're about 1-2 years away from mass production and deployment.  Gonna be really cool for the road, noise, and the environment.  They still need to work on the braking system, but that's a much easier tweak than shrinking a 6000 pound battery down.  

We got approached during Covid to beta-test autonomous caravan kingpins.  Like 3 in a row that follow each other just a couple feet apart.  Technology works like a charm.  We could have done it ten years ago.  Trouble is the difference between entry/exit ramps on highways in the north versus the south.  Up north we had cloverleaf ramps, or extended straight-veer ingress/egress.  Because of the cold.  Texas and the South, we build elevated to save on real estate and it only freezes a couple times a year.  Problem is those angles were not designed for 250 linear feet of straight trucks in unison taking an entry or turn off.  They're gonna be glorious going up and down IH-35 from Laredo to Duluth.  Big problem though when they need to actually get off the highway together.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Buncha tree hugging fucking hippies....

You think those batteries are environmentally friendly?  They may end up doing more damage to the environment than hydrocarbons. 
There is no silver bullet. Generating, storing, and using energy is messy and requires tradeoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, nnm said:

You think those batteries are environmentally friendly?  They may end up doing more damage to the environment than hydrocarbons. 
There is no silver bullet. Generating, storing, and using energy is messy and requires tradeoffs. 

100% agreed, just stealing an old movie line.

• Like 1

Yes, the batteries will require horrific consequences with regard to mineral mining, dealing with China, and disposal.  Alls I'm saying is the torque is finally there with them and it'll at least make driving on highways crowded with trucks less shit-tastic.  The drivers like it because they'll get paid for the charge time by law soon enough.  Though I suppose they'll miss glory-holing at the diesel station and the sequel to "Maximum Overdrive" will be lame as fuck.

Yes, the batteries will require horrific consequences with regard to mineral mining, dealing with China, and disposal.  Alls I'm saying is the torque is finally there with them and it'll at least make driving on highways crowded with trucks less shit-tastic.  The drivers like it because they'll get paid for the charge time by law soon enough.  Though I suppose they'll miss glory-holing at the diesel station and the sequel to "Maximum Overdrive" will be lame as fuck.
What kind of mileage were they expecting back then?

On 4/11/2023 at 5:40 AM, YGIFS said:

Congrats, that's a great school.  If he doesn't like it after a year, he can transfer within the UC system (with decent grades).  I lived not too far from there for awhile in the late 90's.  Good town without the weird meth-trash vibe that Modesto and Fresno give off, plus it's a great jumping-off point to Yosemite National Park one way, and Monterey Bay the other way.  

it's hilarious... went to YouTube for a virtual tour and one of the comments was just... "why would you build a uc in merced"

On 4/12/2023 at 4:28 AM, YGIFS said:

The real issue is how will this affect the lot lizards?