2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The unsung hero tonight? Aledmys Diaz. 

I knew Castro would come through with a big hit, but my fear was Diaz gidp'ing us into a series loss and he wisely struck out instead allowing Castro to hit.

I posted- this feels like a DP here. When he struck out I was like- cool cool Castro will give us a quality AB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The unsung hero tonight? Aledmys Diaz. 

I knew Castro would come through with a big hit, but my fear was Diaz gidp'ing us into a series loss and he wisely struck out instead allowing Castro to hit.

These were my thoughts as well. The entire AB after getting down in the count “please just K”

and was livid Correa didn’t see that ball bounce away from Vazquez and get out of the double play setup

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

These were my thoughts as well. The entire AB after getting down in the count “please just K”

and was livid Correa didn’t see that ball bounce away from Vazquez and get out of the double play setup

diaz also got a garbage strike called on him, while we're on the subject.  boston acting like dude missed one call all night.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

it's 11:45 i haven't eaten anything i've had 3+ beers since 7 and my nearest two taco bells have gotten demolished and there's no way i'm getting to sleep before 3 am

no shit i have half the internet to read now and only have two beers left in the fridge. but I have a lot of food.

17 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Some of us in this very thread were talking about this Laz Diaz guy before the series even started.

Yes it's not like there are stats that are easily found on how bad these umps are, and yet they keep getting assigned post season games. Forgive me if I don't give a shit about a missed call in favor of the Astros after game 3 of the White Sox series, that likely contributed to the Astros losing our best pitcher.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes it's not like there are stats that are easily found on how bad these umps are, and yet they keep getting assigned post season games. Forgive me if I don't give a shit about a missed call in favor of the Astros after game 3 of the White Sox series, that likely contributed to the Astros losing our best pitcher.

I ran the numbers on that ball to Castro and pitches of that type and in that location to LHB are called a strike <30% of the time.  Good take by Castro on a pitch that was very unlikely to be called a strike. 

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It wasn't even that egregious wtf if had gone the other way, there's zero chance Jeff Passan is tweeting about that one green dot in a bushel of green dots....

17 minutes ago, texashorne said:

We had our share of bad calls all postseason.. its part of the game. They should take the strike zone box off the screen, it would save so much anxiety for so many people..

Este. Baseball is life and its death too but it's mostly life.

• Haha 3