Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So much top talent that we are in striking distance with now that QE1 is in the boat early.  Listed a bunch of 247 composite rankings of targets below that isn’t exclusive that from what I have seen we have a very good shot at. There’s probably another 5-6 targets in that 75-150 range as well. That’s national title level recruiting. 

CTH don’t you dare fuck us on the field this year.

QE 1

Devon Campbell 6

Caleb Burton 11

Denver Harris 26

Kamari Wilson 30

Evan Stewart 34

Jaydon Blue 61

Kelvin Banks 68

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

247 2022 recruit reactions to Ewers

Multiple 2022 recruits react to Quinn Ewers' commitment to Texas

VIP  ByNICK HARRIS 32 minutes ago 

Friday was a huge day for the future of the Texas Longhorns.

The No. 1 recruit in the country for the class of 2022, Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers, decided to shut it down early and commit to his childhood dream school as Texas landed their highest rated recruit since landing Vince Young out of Houston Madison in 2002.

Following his announcement, numerous high priority 2022 targets shared their opinion of the commitment on social media as Ewers' commitment will undoubtedly help bring in more elite recruits in 2022 and possibly 2021.

In addition to those that posted on social media, I was able to catch up with a few more targets to see what their initial thoughts were on the decision and if it would make them look at Texas a little differently.

Every response featured a positive comment with most offensive players seeing it as a huge opportunity to produce at the next level and defensive players seeing it as a way to compete at a high level. Here were some of the highlights from conversations I have had with various recruits in the last 24 hours.

OL DEVON CAMPBELL - ARLINGTON BOWIE

Arlington (Texas) Bowie four-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell only trails Ewers in the state of Texas rankings for the class of 2022, and he has trended towards Texas for most of the calendar year. He shared pretty positive thoughts on the Longhorns' land.

"Quinn committing is amazing," Campbell said. "The class of 2022 is loaded with talent, especially in Texas."

Texas is listed as warm for Campbell as the Longhorns benefitted by getting in an early offer with the Dallas-Fort Worth product.

ATH DASAN MCCULLOUGH - BLUE VALLEY NORTH (KS)

Blue Valley North athlete Dasan McCulloughhas one of the best builds of any recruit in 2022 as the 6-5, 220 pound four-star is emerging as a top target for numerous Power Five schools, including Texas.

"Man he shocked everyone," McCullough said. "I mean a great quarterback can change the whole team. So I think everyone looks at Texas a little different now, especially wide receivers."

McCullough has two Crystal Ball Predictions entered in favor of Ohio State, but still has a lot of time left in a developing recruitment.

DE OMARI ABOR - DUNCANVILLE

Duncanville has brought elite recruits to almost every recruiting class in the last five years and the 2022 class is no different as four-star defensive end Omari Abor has emerged as a top target for numerous regional Power Five schools including Texas.

"When I saw that, I got happy," Abor said. "I really started thinking about how I could end up at Texas and it made me and my dad really talk about Texas."

Abor and Ewers actually talk often and have discussed their recruitments with each other on multiple occasions.

CB BOBBY TAYLOR - KATY

Katy (Texas) four-star cornerback Bobby Taylordropped a top schools list earlier this summer that featured Texas. The Longhorns probably find themselves in the middle of the pack within his top ten, but there's a lot of time left in his recruitment.

"He set the bar, ripple effect is about to occur," Taylor said.

Oklahoma and Texas A&M are considered the leaders at this time 6-foot-1, 180 pound corner. I currently have a Crystal Ball Prediction with a confidence score of 3 in favor of the Sooners.

ATH LANDON HULLABY - MANSFIELD TIMBERVIEW

Mansfield Timberview four-star athlete Landon Hullaby has trended towards Texas even before he was offered as his brother Jaden was a part of the 2020 Texas signing class.

"Man that’s a huge move for Texas," Hullaby said. "It shocked me when I saw it."

After shining as the Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2019 for District 6-5A Division I, Hullaby will look to add to his already impressive career in his 2020 junior campaign. Hullaby currently sits at 21 offers from Power Five schools around the country.

WR ARMANI WINFIELD - LEWISVILLE

247Sports' Steve Wiltfong reported shortly after Phaizon Wilson's commitment earlier this summer that Texas sat in a good position for another high priority wide receiver, Lewisville's Top 100 wideout Armani Winfield.

"It definitely shocked me in a good way," he said.

Winfield is emerging as one of the top targets in the 2022 class as the wide receiver makeup of Winfield, Caleb Burton, Wilson, Evan Stewart and plenty others is beginning to surge as one of the best classes for the position in the state of Texas in quite a while.

TE DONOVAN GREEN - DICKINSON

Dickinson's Donovan Green has quickly risen to one of the most coveted tight ends in the country as he currently sits at 38 offers and is ranked as the No. 1 tight end in the country according to 247Sports Composite.

"Everybody needs a good quarterback," Green said. "It's good to know the number 1 quarterback is at Texas, but there still are other great quarterbacks."

Green was named a MaxPreps Sophomore All-American along with Ewers earlier this offseason and is looking for a huge junior season with the Gators.

CB JAYLON GUILBEAU - PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL

Port Arthur Memorial's four-star cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau has had nothing but great things to say about Texas since being offered, and he has 2021 commit Jordon Thomas in his locker room every day.

"I feel like it’s a good because Texas is going to be back on top," Guilbeau said. "I’m glad that they are recruiting like this! I have a good reaction about this one and I still have a good relationship with them."

Guilbeau currently has one Crystal Ball Prediction from Mike Roach in favor of Texas with a confidence score of 6.

RB RUEBEN OWENS (2023) - EL CAMPO

El Campo's Rueben Owens emerged as one of the early top players in the state for the class of 2023 this past season when he rushed for over 800 yards as the second option for the Ricebirds.

"I like Texas being that I’m a Texas kid, but that was big for the No. 1 guy from the class of 2022 to stay at home," Owens said. "Texas is moving in the right direction."

As the 2023 rankings approach their release date from 247Sports, expect Owens to be among the best in the country.

RB JAYDON BLUE - KLEIN CAIN

Klein Cain's four-star running back Jaydon Bluehas emerged as a top target in the 2022 class for Texas as he is currently ranked as the top back in the state according to 247Sports.

"Yeah it definitely is [big], he is the number one quarterback and player in the country," Blue said. "That’s a good pickup for Texas. You know with me being a top back, me and him could be very dangerous in the backfield so of course it makes me look at them different."

ATH BRENEN THOMPSON - SPEARMAN

It's not common to find an athlete of Brenen Thompson's caliber in Spearman's part of the state, but in watching his film, it is immediately clear why so many schools in the country are going after the speedster.

"That's huge," Thompson said. "It was a big commitment. Playing ball with him would be special."

Thompson's 10.32 100 meter time is easily among the tops in Texas for any class as he blitzes past defenders from receiver and in multiple kick return situations.

OL KAM DEWBERRY - HUMBLE ATASCOCITA

Atascocita's four-star offensive lineman Kam Dewberry has attracted the attention of multiple regional Power Five schools, and Texas has turned up the heat along with Texas A&M and Baylor.

"It’s just really shocking because of how many quarterbacks they already have," Dewberry said. "It’s just really crazy."

Dewberry is close with Texas junior offensive tackle Samuel Cosmi as they trained together over the offseason with Texas A&M offensive lineman Kenyon Green at Humble's Armed Sports facility. Dewberry will be playing his third year on varsity in 2020.

RB TAVORUS JONES - EL PASO BURGES

5COMMENTS

Texas put Tavorus Jones on the map back in April when running backs coach Stan Drayton made an early evaluation to offer first. That early offer has seemed to pay off as Jones has had great things to say about Texas, even after landing 13 more offers from Power Five schools.

"I’m still looking more into [Ewers], but from the stuff I have seen so far he’s cold," Jones said. "Definitely someone I can see myself playing with. The way he can avoid the hits and his arm is great."

• Hook 'Em 4

DE OMARI ABOR - DUNCANVILLE

Duncanville has brought elite recruits to almost every recruiting class in the last five years and the 2022 class is no different as four-star defensive end Omari Abor has emerged as a top target for numerous regional Power Five schools including Texas.

"When I saw that, I got happy," Abor said. "I really started thinking about how I could end up at Texas and it made me and my dad really talk about Texas."

Abor and Ewers actually talk often and have discussed their recruitments with each other on multiple occasions.

Yes please.  Do want.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TE DONOVAN GREEN - DICKINSON

Dickinson's Donovan Green has quickly risen to one of the most coveted tight ends in the country as he currently sits at 38 offers and is ranked as the No. 1 tight end in the country according to 247Sports Composite.

"Everybody needs a good quarterback," Green said. "It's good to know the number 1 quarterback is at Texas, but there still are other great quarterbacks."

Green was named a MaxPreps Sophomore All-American along with Ewers earlier this offseason and is looking for a huge junior season with the Gators.

yeah, this guy isn't coming here. bolded part sounds very aggy-ish to me

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Roach said the interest is very real there and he would have more in the Stampede tomorrow. 

To compound Ewers' lack of tact, now Wilson isn't respect Mike Roach's nephew's birthday party plans, either?  The gall of kids these days.

32 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Is Bobby Taylor the son of Bobby Taylor (ND/Philadelphia)?

Yes. Bobby Taylor was born in Houston and went to Longview before going to ND and playing for the Eagles in the NFL. He has 3 sons. They live in Richmond, TX.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yes. Bobby Taylor was born in Houston and went to Longview before going to ND and playing for the Eagles in the NFL. He has 3 sons. They live in Richmond, TX.

How do they live in Richmond, Texas while his son attends Katy High School?

Edited by Dondrysdale1

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

yeah, this guy isn't coming here. bolded part sounds very aggy-ish to me

Here's a few other TE's from the state for this class.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trent-McGaughey-46085431/

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelsey-Johnson-46083322/

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Vinson-46098709/

McGauhey lines up exclusively as a TE next to the Tackle.  Good mix of receiving and blocking highlights.  Same school as Alford and Cooks.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11600265/5dfee3e732dced09a8ff868e

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They live in Richmond, but Junior plays for Katy High? I know Katy recruits, but this is ridiculous. Amirite?!

His dad's twitter says Richmond, TX - Houston, TX and one of his NFL bios says Richmond. The son went to Heights his freshman year.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Bobby Taylor seems to heavily favor ou based on his Instagram.  If not ou, maybe aggy.  I don’t think his interest in Texas is serious.

We are going to land 5 DB's better than Taylor.  Won't stop Looch from saying he's the top DB in-state when aggy lands him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Bloodlines! A real thoroughbred...subtlety racist analogy ... SEC Frame... No. 1 on the Liucci 44. 

The bloodlines are pretty good. Bobby Taylor's dad went to Southern, I think, and won the silver medal in the 100m. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_(sprinter,_born_1948)

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting