Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, tokamak said:

TXHSFB Coaches: "this guy's doing things the right way! great relationship with him! really love what he's doing!"

also TXHSFB Coaches: *send all their prospects to fucking Oregon and Ohio State*

Unfortunately, HS coaches aren't as involved in the recruiting process with kids like they once were in a lot of cases. Majority of stuff goes through handlers, uncles, trainers nowadays. 

You rarely hear of any high school coaches telling their kids "Hey, you may want to give Texas a closer look." Using them to gather information on a kid is nice and I'm sure they have insight into the real decision makers, but the coaches themselves have pretty much no sway.

48 minutes ago, MoJames said:

//Fify

47 minutes ago, Getafix said:

You're a tough grader.

At least give him a C++ !!

Y'all are both wrong. C only had 

/* foo bar */

style comments. C++ introduced 

// foo bar

style comments.

And if it were C++, he'd use 

delete

instead of 

free()

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, HS coaches aren't as involved in the recruiting process with kids like they once were in a lot of cases. Majority of stuff goes through handlers, uncles, trainers nowadays. 
You rarely hear of any high school coaches telling their kids "Hey, you may want to give Texas a closer look." Using them to gather information on a kid is nice and I'm sure they have insight into the real decision makers, but the coaches themselves have pretty much no sway.

But they can sure as shit make sure their kids don’t go to Texas. That’s all we’re looking for.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tell that to North Shore. They've been steering kids away from us (and occasionally A&M) for years...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Sooo.... anyone live near Marlin and want to take a couple standardized tests and write a few essays this year?

Marlin's standing with TEA isn't exactly going to help in all of this. We've seen far less impactful shit hold up the NCAA clearinghouse. 

https://www.kxxv.com/news/local-news/tea-revokes-marlin-isd-accreditation-no-longer-recognized-as-public-school

On 8/26/2021 at 10:37 AM, closetojumping said:

They're going to be offering MPH from game tapes on HS recruits, which will probably cause many of you dorks to lose your shit in evaluation nirvana if they're going to be making that kind of info public.

I'm already getting excited about spewing negativity over junior OL prospects for only running 16 mph.

• Haha 1

There's a lot of binary discussions peripheral to this thread that make it very hard to compile. If the object of our recruiting intentions is oriented toward Sarkisian's program, then Bo Davis's language is adequate. Can I ascii question regarding Evan Stewart? What's the surly consensus about where he ultimately lands?

3 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

There's a lot of binary discussions peripheral to this thread that make it very hard to compile. If the object of our recruiting intentions is oriented toward Sarkisian's program, then Bo Davis's language is adequate. Can I ascii question regarding Evan Stewart? What's the surly consensus about where he ultimately lands?

We have stumbled on the workday afternoon cheese pun equivalent. Well done, nerds. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

6983C67B-09B5-4218-B950-3017705090DE.gif

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggys biggest selling point is just to tell recruits...."you don't have to be smart to come here"....just may be working a little.

“Pay no attention to the eastern bloc architecture surrounding the stadium. It’s all for show and support.”

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggys biggest selling point is just to tell recruits...."you don't have to be smart to come here"....just may be working a little.

I sat a couple of tables away from aggy at lunch today. They all agreed that it was damn near impossible for their aggy offspring to ever flunk out. It was a point of pride 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggie is so scared that Texas is going to finally get a good coaching staff and rise from it's sleep...They can feel what's coming when both OU and Texas are in the SEC...They know it is just a matter of time now that both of their big brothers will be a big pain in the ass for them...

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

I sat a couple of tables away from aggy at lunch today. They all agreed that it was damn near impossible for their aggy offspring to ever flunk out. It was a point of pride 

My stoned ass read this like you were in high school. Had me all kinds of flustered for a second. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It sounds like if aggy is trying to call their daddy to take care of mean ol Texas for them. What a bunch of whiny little bitches.image.gif.3cf890b7f3875a9e9b94d0369f46b802.gif

1 hour ago, LarTXHorn said:

It sounds like if aggy is trying to call their daddy to take care of mean ol Texas for them. What a bunch of whiny little bitches.image.gif.3cf890b7f3875a9e9b94d0369f46b802.gif

Fucking hell their fans are just hardwired  to be betas.  “Hey Daddy! Is other daddy winning a recruit really a big deal? Please tell me how to feel even though we are not involved!”

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting