Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

KSU got to play against Rattler all game, we would have buttfucked them too if Riley didn't pull him. KU had the benefit of having game tape on Williams, and apparently DBs that can play a 50/50 ball but in the end Williams basically won that game for OU with his legs. So this transitive shit doesn't really apply, and its a a lazy take.

A quarter and a half OU scored what--31 points, with 25 in a quarter.  HTF is that even possible?  Oh yeah, we couldn't scout their freshman qb, which is why Texas totally melted downs and gave up all the big plays.  Lazy take on my part.  You're right, KSU was hoping for a 3 game win streak against OU so it's not transitive to them.  Giving up 55 points in a game is very much on par with KU--don't care if a new qb came in for a quarter and a half. 

And to hammer home the point that Texas would've certainly won, the following week, Texas scouted Sanders and gave up another big lead in a loss.  Sorry, but that's transitive to bad teams.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Christ almighty. I’m so tired of the “we are everyone’s super bowl” bullshit. If you think we are everyone’s super bowl, then win some goddamn Super Bowls.

We are, and if we didn't have so much dead weight in our depth chart, we might. 

30 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Christ almighty. I’m so tired of the “we are everyone’s super bowl” bullshit. If you think we are everyone’s super bowl, then win some goddamn Super Bowls.

This year everyone blames us for abandoning them and destroying the Big12. Those teams all know they are going to become even more irrelevant, they are the new Big East

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Academic Study Confirms That No Team In America Is As Hated As Texas Football

https://www.barstoolbets.com/blogs/1362558/academic-study-confirms-that-no-team-in-america-is-as-hated-as-texas-football

Didn't read the actual study, so don't know the methodology, but according to that study, at least 11 teams named Texas as their rival, the most in the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t think our attitude has anything whatsoever to do with how shitty our football program has been, dumbass.

Mack Brown didn’t steal money from us for four years because of our attitude. Charlie Strong wasn’t the worst coach in Texas Football history. Tom Herman wasn’t an oblivious douchebag because of our attitude.

You can go fuck yourself. 

Lots of words but still doesn’t change the fact that some still want sark fired after year 1. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Lots of words but still doesn’t change the fact that some still want sark fired after year 1. 

News flash: some never wanted him hired in the first place. I’d guess it’s largely the same folks.

It was a meh hire and it’s playing out that way. He is not a “proven dynamic coach” or whatever some people tell themselves to feel better about Groundhog Day on the 40 Acres. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t think our attitude has anything whatsoever to do with how shitty our football program has been, dumbass.

Mack Brown didn’t steal money from us for four years because of our attitude. Charlie Strong wasn’t the worst coach in Texas Football history. Tom Herman wasn’t an oblivious douchebag because of our attitude.

You can go fuck yourself. 

I wish our o-line could channel your internet toughness and just overall ragey-badassery into some pancake blocks.  

Just now, Hornbeliever said:

I wish our o-line could channel your internet toughness and just overall ragey-badassery into some pancake blocks.  

Of our O-line had spent anywhere close to as much time and money on a shit product for decades as I have, they’d be a hell of a lot tougher than they are. 

56 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

News flash: some never wanted him hired in the first place. I’d guess it’s largely the same folks.

It was a meh hire and it’s playing out that way. He is not a “proven dynamic coach” or whatever some people tell themselves to feel better about Groundhog Day on the 40 Acres. 

He's done the right things so far. His team is pretty average, though.

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The Super bowl is the dumbest thing on the Longhorn internet. OU wins the league every year, but everyone is really gunning for the team that usually finishes 3-4th the last decade 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The Super bowl is the dumbest thing on the Longhorn internet. OU wins the league every year, but everyone is really gunning for the team that usually finishes 3-4th the last decade 

Tell that to the toothless hillbillies in Arkansas that stormed the field in Fayetteville and got their school a $100,000 fine from the SEC.    

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Tell that to the toothless hillbillies in Arkansas that stormed the field in Fayetteville and got their school a $100,000 fine from the SEC.    

So lets talk about the 1 team on the schedule that has been a historic rivalry game that hasnt been played in 10-15 years

11 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think we used to be the Super Bowl for every non-blue blood school when we were rolling & for a few years afterwards. At present, it feels more like we're the rich snobby kid that everyone really enjoys beating up every chance they get either because of perceived (or real) arrogance, not recruiting their players, "hate us cause they ain't us", or whatever other reason. I'd love to get back to the point that the target is on our backs because of how consistently dominant we are.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah. Totally our imagination. TCU’s ownership of us and OSU’s domination of us at home aren’t real. 

confusing Texas sucking for being the Super Bowl. Are you seriously going to say Texas is OSU's Super Bowl? You may want to rethink that. 

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

At this point I could go for a decommit just to get you chucklefucks to take your Sark is AIDS talk to another thread and get this one back on topic

Yes. This conversation is really taking away from the troves of different recruiting news that's taking place right now. It's basically a new commit or a new offer every 10 minutes. But fuck that shit, we're talking Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes. This conversation is really taking away from the troves of different recruiting news that's taking place right now. It's basically a new commit or a new offer every 10 minutes. But fuck that shit, we're talking Sark. 

Look I’m not saying Sark is not germane to the recruiting conversation here, I mean he is the main recruiter. But holy fuck how many threads do we have to have devolve in to a bitch and moan fest about the guy? Even if they are warranted there’s plenty of them already in existence.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, he was present to get violently buttfucked repeatedly in the 2nd half, specifically. 

Are you sure about that? I feel certain Scipio or Nahlin said he didn’t play, and the official UT Sports participation list doesn’t show Jett Bush on it. (Have to click on the “participation” tab to see the list of everyone that played)

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2021/oklahoma-state/boxscore/14142 

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Look I’m not saying Sark is not germane to the recruiting conversation here, I mean he is the main recruiter. But holy fuck how many threads do we have to have devolve in to a bitch and moan fest about the guy? Even if they are warranted there’s plenty of them already in existence.

Yeah, but they're on the football board, and I don't GO to the football board because there's only so much misery and stupidity I can handle, and visiting that place with those dipshits might as well be signing up for Orangebloods or 247. So to me, there's only 1 thread, it's germane to recruiting, and since there isn't any thing else going on right now in the ACTUAL world of recruiting news, mostly because of Steve Sarkisian, well, here we are. If you want to talk recruiting, by all means, no one here is fucking stopping you. Feel free to post some news, or general thoughts, or, you know, anything. 

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Are you sure about that? I feel certain Scipio or Nahlin said he didn’t play, and the official UT Sports participation list doesn’t show Jett Bush on it. (Have to click on the “participation” tab to see the list of everyone that played)

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2021/oklahoma-state/boxscore/14142 

Well, multiple websites credit him with having a tackle in the game, so...

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/jett-bush-player-game-log?season=2020

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jett-bush-1/gamelog/

4 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Teams get up for us more than they do others, for multiple reasons. It's mind numbingly stupid to suggest otherwise. 

Agreed. Someone literally posted the fucking study from a year or two back where more people said they view us as their rival than any other school in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, but they're on the football board, and I don't GO to the football board because there's only so much misery and stupidity I can handle, and visiting that place with those dipshits might as well be signing up for Orangebloods or 247. So to me, there's only 1 thread, it's germane to recruiting, and since there isn't any thing else going on right now in the ACTUAL world of recruiting news, mostly because of Steve Sarkisian, well, here we are.

If you want to talk recruiting, by all means, no one here is fucking stopping you. Feel free to post some news, or general thoughts, or, you know, anything. 

Fair and valid points.

And no. Last time someone posted a dissenting opinion CTJ challenged them to a foot race. I don’t even chase my liquor, so I’m damn sure not chasing an old white man from the internet because as long as he has two legs he would leave me in the dust. I’m content to throw stones from the peanut gallery

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Fair and valid points.

And no. Last time someone posted a dissenting opinion CTJ challenged them to a foot race. I don’t even chase my liquor, so I’m damn sure not chasing an old white man from the internet because as long as he has two legs he would leave me in the dust. I’m content to throw stones from the peanut gallery

Challenge someone else, then. In just the last couple pages we've seen guys suggesting teams don't get up more for Texas, the predictable TrUsT tHe COrCheS, and hell, awhile back someone was adamant Devin Duverney not only had shitty hands, but that he was was a doppelganger for Michael Clarke Duncan (RIP). Fire away. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Those links show he didn't play against Ok state lol. 

Edited by WinningIsHard

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Goddamnit 2020. Fuck. We will go with henryjames's point, then. 

It's possibly a good thing that somebody messed up saying jett bush played when it seems he did not. PK may be in fact learning from his mistakes. It's more likely I could get an ice cold water in hell because Texas can't have nice things but there's always hope. 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

OU is a much greater feather in everybody’s football cap than we are.  Opponents get a bigger thrill in beating us only because we’re a bunch of bragging loudmouths who’ve been mostly irrelevant since Lone Star and Pearl were more popular than Shiner.

All hat and such …

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just to get back to recruiting...Roach posted this on Stewart, in response to a 247 thread of people freaking out because some Aggy poster is claiming they lead (I can't see what he said).

I warned you guys over the weekend that there would be some Texas A&M buzz around Evan coming out of it. That said, I don’t know that Evan would admit a leader of anyone right now. This one is likely going to go until signing day so it’s best not to ride the rollercoaster

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Fox Sports link is for the game last year, and I’m not seeing a stat line for him in the Sports-Reference link for the 2021 game either. CBS Sports doesn’t show him with a tackle:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/gametracker/stats/NCAAF_20211016_OKLAST@TEXAS/

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

The Fox Sports link is for the game last year, and I’m not seeing a stat line for him in the Sports-Reference link for the 2021 game either. CBS Sports doesn’t show him with a tackle:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/gametracker/stats/NCAAF_20211016_OKLAST@TEXAS/

Addressed above

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Just to get back to recruiting...Roach posted this on Stewart, in response to a 247 thread of people freaking out because some Aggy poster is claiming they lead (I can't see what he said).

I warned you guys over the weekend that there would be some Texas A&M buzz around Evan coming out of it. That said, I don’t know that Evan would admit a leader of anyone right now. This one is likely going to go until signing day so it’s best not to ride the rollercoaster

I would compare Stewart’s recruitment to the movie North. Don’t watch it, it is terrible but let’s all hope he wakes up in a recliner and we are Julia Louis Dreyfus. 

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Get out of here with this irrelevant shit. Stick to the topic at hand!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Here is the original from aggy 247 for any one with a sub. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/board/20/Contents/we-lead-for-evan-stewart-173948563/?page=1

7 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

According to CoastAg227 on TA who’s extremely plugged into the coaching world. We as of this moment lead for Evans and his mom prefers A&M. Still a long way to go in this recruitment.

“ Most trustworthy and accurate friend just told me if he was going anywhere today it would be A&M.

Long story short here….this thing will be a roller coaster and it could go so many ways. How he feels today doesn't mean much for tomorrow. But this should speak very loudly about the momentum A&M has right now. We were way off in this deal and all of the sudden we are right in it.

I'm not predicting Evan's to A&M but i thought this was worth a post to highlight A&M is red hot on the recruiting trail right now even after the early season stumble.”

“ made him repeat it several times. LOT could change. He's still heavily searching for the right home but it's pretty unreal that we made the jump in this recruitment that we did.

Win out and keep the recruiting momentum and I legitimately think he will be an Aggie.

2 weeks ago I would have laughed you out of the building if you said that.”

“ Not at all. Just trying to shed further light on what the staff here has been saying. The A&M momentum is picking up serious steam and there's more people than just them that are seeing it.

Confirmation is a good thing.”

“ Not close. From my understanding he's still really trying to figure things out.

Still…..to jump back in this thing is pretty unreal if you ask me.”

“ Indeed. It's got a "home" feeling. With someone who is still trying to figure things out this late….that's a big big deal”

-CoastAg227

Ah yes, because someone with random contacts in the "coaching world" is going to have rock solid recruiting info on Evan Stewart 3 days after a visit. 

Edited by Hookem2147

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting