Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Dr.Dre said:

The difference is Texas is still number 1 revenue school despite lost decade. Ohio state Alabama OU feel the $ pain much more if they suck.

Which is because bunch of Texas fans and alumni, even those without any kind of financial stake in the performance of the AD, which is most of us, are really proud of the brand; the revenue, TV ratings, etc. It goes back to it being more about the We'Re TeXaS social status bit than success on the field.

Damn reading this thread is fucking depressing.  I’m more upbeat about taking a gun safety class from Alec Baldwin than Texas ever figuring out how to win again.  
Given UT’s shitty/apathetic NIL and AD department Arch may be the most important recruit since Vince.  Arch would bring a group of great players with him so that may be the only way we get the talent infusion that is do desperately needed.  Boom or bust baby.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Damn reading this thread is fucking depressing.  I’m more upbeat about taking a gun safety class from Alec Baldwin than Texas ever figuring out how to win again.  
Given UT’s shitty/apathetic NIL and AD department Arch may be the most important recruit since Vince.  Arch would bring a group of great players with him so that may be the only way we get the talent infusion that is do desperately needed.  Boom or bust baby.  

no worries.  the easy part of the schedule is comin up, 9-3 Alamo Bowl baby.

The We're Texas crowd will experience a pretty rude introduction to the realities of playing in the SEC soon enough.  Perhaps after going 0-3 against aggy and these socialites actually feel their status being measured against the insufferable bleats of victorious ags in their own communities they'll feel inclined to suddenly care about the product on the field.  Lacking a serious in-state rival has had a neutering effect on Texas football passion over the last decade of mediocrity.  I hope this is in some way correlated and not just circumstantial... Time will tell

• Hook 'Em 1

If you guys need a pickmeup from the depressing commentary from the assholes up thread, it was reiterated today that, for whatever reason, Texas is extremely confident in locking up these guys that will be signing day stories. I know that whatever the staff is, especially guys like Banks and Davis, it isn’t naive. So, I guess we’ll see, but I figured I’d at least pass that on if it pulls someone back from a spree shooting. 

Also, there are rumblings of Fat Patty getting a Mack Brown-esque push out at year end and LSU going for a grand slam move. I’m dubious on the Patterson stuff, but it was said with certitude. The LSU thing would potentially lead to suicide here so we can leave it be and hope they wind up with Aranda or Fisher. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you guys need a pickmeup from the depressing commentary from the assholes up thread, it was reiterated today that, for whatever reason, Texas is extremely confident in locking up these guys that will be signing day stories. I know that whatever the staff is, especially guys like Banks and Davis, it isn’t naive. So, I guess we’ll see, but I figured I’d at least pass that on if it pulls someone back from a spree shooting. 

Also, there are rumblings of Fat Patty getting a Mack Brown-esque push out at year end and LSU going for a grand slam move. I’m dubious on the Patterson stuff, but it was said with certitude. The LSU thing would potentially lead to suicide here so we can leave it be and hope they wind up with Aranda or Fisher. 

Only grand slam I can think of is Meyer? If it’s Lincoln that’s ok

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Grand slam on the finger banging coach?

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Remind me who the signing day stories are?

Really having trouble imagining what other white whale coaches are out there for LSU to hire if it’s not Urban Meyer. And one that would make us sick on top of it. No way Saban is going back there. Joe Brady had a great offensive year calling plays in 2019 but hasn’t lit the world on fire in the NFL and has zero track record running a major college program. 

It really should be an entertaining coaching carousel this year. I saw somewhere that VT might let go of Fuente as well. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

LSU hiring a 32 year old first time head coach would be a disaster

True. Hence, for recruiting. Rumors are he hates recruiting. So I would assume he would let Raymond and alums run free and do whatever it took. His offense would help reel kids in and he would likely bring in someone like Muschamp. For recruiting, bad scenario for those going against them. 

1 minute ago, tomahawk dunk said:

Tiger droppings also mentioned Chris Petersen as he and Woodward worked together at UW.

Wouldn’t be a home run tho. Think about the only couple home runs out there. If it’s not Meyer, and Saban isn’t leaving, Day has a better job at Ohio state. Only upgrade from their current job would be Dabo

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

Im not sure anything could be more positive than our current President and the board being aligned towards winning and serious football. Thats the really good part. They want to win. This whole conversation isnt really even possible under the previous regime. 

I’ll say this, I think DeLoss and his attitude changed the culture of Texas for the worst and bred this attitude and stigma we currently have. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Heard TCU wants Traylor. Heard LSU made a ginormous offer to Dabo. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you guys need a pickmeup from the depressing commentary from the assholes up thread, it was reiterated today that, for whatever reason, Texas is extremely confident in locking up these guys that will be signing day stories. I know that whatever the staff is, especially guys like Banks and Davis, it isn’t naive. So, I guess we’ll see, but I figured I’d at least pass that on if it pulls someone back from a spree shooting

bi3Ha4.gif

• Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting