Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

30 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Is Overshown too big to move back to safety? 

I think initially the idea of Overshown moving to LB made a lot of sense but man he just doesn't have the instincts to play LB. Maybe that comes with better coaching and more experience, I dunno. 

I'm starting to wonder if we were all wrong about Overshown being a better fit at LB. 

This isn't going to be a popular take but the defense was much better against Kansas State without DMO at linebacker. I'm assuming DMO put on too much weight to play safety but I don't disagree with this take. 

The linebackers that played against Kansas State looked so much more natural at the position. Maybe it was because Kansas State is terrible but it was noticeable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This isn't going to be a popular take but the defense was much better against Kansas State without DMO at linebacker. I'm assuming DMO put on too much weight to play safety but I don't disagree with this take. 

The linebackers that played against Kansas State looked so much more natural at the position. Maybe it was because Kansas State is terrible but it was noticeable. 

I actually agree

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Overshown coming back is good news. The guy has incredible talent. He has leadership qualities. He’s had to suffer thru three different defensive schemes and a major position change. He’s in a position (lb) that requires more thinking than any other position on the defense. It’s the position where we are lighter than just about any other position on the defense. It’s a position where you usually need to give recruits a year to learn. Overshown back is going to save PK’s ass next year and give our new recruits some relief to learn. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe, but we also had plenty of Football Board savants who convinced themselves our offensive line would be terrific after watching them against Colorado last year. As you suggest, playing shit teams can be deceiving.

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

We SHOULD fire this dipshit after one year and then offer Saban/Urban/Dabo 25-30M a year, whatever it takes to get them.

It's hard to believe you guys are serious about some of the shit y'all throw out here.  We went after Saban and he told us to fuck off.  We went after Urban and he told us to fuck off.  So you wanna go after Dabo now?  Is this some kind of humiliation kink for you clowns?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Overshown wasn't a very good safety, but don't let that stop you.

Overshown wasn't which happens to be the case with everyone Todd Orlando coaches. 

But if Patterson is coming here I would think the DBs are about to get a lot better (especially safety where Patterson coached before becoming a HC) 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Some of the shit I read on here JFC

Overshown was a Butkus semi finalist. 
We win against KState and suddenly our LB room didn’t need him? Gtfo 

This is ideal if you want to be good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, XForce said:

Some of the shit I read on here JFC

Overshown was a Butkus semi finalist. 
We win against KState and suddenly our LB room didn’t need him? Gtfo 

This is ideal if you want to be good. 

I'm not sold on DMO moving positions but DMO wasn't good this season. 

It's up for debate on if that was PK, DMO's injury, if DMO isn't a fit at linebacker, or some other reason. Trying to argue he's a Butkus semi finalist is somebody that didn't watch him play this season. Most of the football board was critical of DMO's play and for good reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Overshown wasn't which happens to be the case with everyone Todd Orlando coaches. 

But if Patterson is coming here I would think the DBs are about to get a lot better (especially safety where Patterson coached before becoming a HC) 

Patterson may be unlikely now. IT said yesterday that if it was gonna happen it would be announced before the games

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

He’a not coming back to play a position he hasn’t played in two years.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, if Patterson is truly on board, then Overshown will be moving back to safety. Texas will play 3 safeties in Patterson's defense. I like the idea. If we move to Patterson's version of the 4-2-5 with the ability to switch to Kwiatkowski's 2-4-5, the personnel should be there to be good at both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Patterson may be unlikely now. IT said yesterday that if it was gonna happen it would be announced before the games

Have they said anything new today? 

If not I don't think that means anything. They were just spitballing on when Patterson might announce this thing. 

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Hmm ... thought someone else - 247? - said he wasn't looking to make a decision before the end of December.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, if Patterson is truly on board, then Overshown will be moving back to safety. Texas will play 3 safeties in Patterson's defense. I like the idea. If we move to Patterson's version of the 4-2-5 with the ability to switch to Kwiatkowski's 2-4-5, the personnel should be there to be good at both.

I need to read more on Patterson's defense but doesn't he just essentially replace the Sam with an additional safety that spends a lot of time in the box anyways? 

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

3 safeties?!?!! Do we even have 1?!?! 

I see the tweet as just trying to push a narrative on the rumors of TT being a possible landing spot. They are most likely trying to mobilize donors to put together a NIL deal for the kid. They need to generate buzz from the boosters first. If Texas boosters were smart it should take less than a day to put something together that Tech couldn't compete with. Give the kid the money he is asking for and other recruits will notice and we might just end up with flipmas.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not sold on DMO moving positions but DMO wasn't good this season. 

It's up for debate on if that was PK, DMO's injury, if DMO isn't a fit at linebacker, or some other reason. Trying to argue he's a Butkus semi finalist is somebody that didn't watch him play this season. Most of the football board was critical of DMO's play and for good reason. 

He's literally the leading tackler on the team despite playing 2 less games. What were you expecting from him? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

He's literally the leading tackler on the team despite playing 2 less games. What were you expecting from him? 

Linebackers almost always lead the team in tackles and PK's defense is all about funneling players to the linebackers. 

That means nothing when the only other player that could possibly beat him out in tackles is Brockermeyer. 

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

No rumors, and that’s why I said it’s the lowest probability of the four.  But he’s on the market for the first time in 20 years and our S&C program needs an upgrade, so I hope it’s the kind of move our HC/AD/BOR who are supposedly so committed to winning would jump on. 

I could see us hiring him for soccer S&C. Too many people in our AD are content with football hiring second and third rate coaches as long as football still pays the bills for the other programs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting