Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Also, Gary Patterson just liked this tweet. Hell has frozen over.

I keep thinking this is straight out of the Mack Brown playbook.  As everyone remembers, and as many have already said in recent weeks, in 2012 we had one of the worst statistical defenses with Manny Diaz as our DC.  In the offseason Mack brings in Greg Robinson as an analyst, and I bet there was a nod-wink understanding that he'd come in to pinch hit as DC if things went downhill.  You know how things turned out.  I just looked it up, but among the other accomplishments of our defense once Greg took over, we ended up leading the conference in sacks, an although we turned in a shitty offensive performance in the Alamo Bowl, Texas held Oregon to its lowest points all season.

If Patterson comes to Texas, it's with the understanding of the possibility that he takes over the defense.  And he probably hopes that happens before the TCU game.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm trying get my head around the fact someone named Thad Turnipseed worked with a guy named Dabo Swinney on anything other than Hee Haw. 

I know. I had to look it up before I believed it.

He's apparently a very impressive person (from a Clemson booster). He wants to be AD, so don't be surprised if he's the OU athletic director in 3-4 years.

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

I know. I had to look it up before I believed it.

He's apparently a very impressive person (from a Clemson booster). He wants to be AD, so don't be surprised if he's the OU athletic director in 3-4 years.

Turnipseed is a very South Carolina name. Seen it there multiple times but never anywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

How so?

From Eric:

‘Friday morning we caught word Texas received a verbal but the player still intended to sign late. Maybe that player came off his timeline, but for real this time.‘

And then he posted Devon’s uncle’s tweet. 

Devon is the only one whose timeline has been in flux. 

but I think they’re just trying to connect dots.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I really don't know what to make of a Suge Knight gif since he's serving a 28 year sentence for voluntary manslaughter.

For multiple reasons, woke up feeling like:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e471alwq0ybi344bhqba8x

and

harvey-weinstein-clapping.gif

Poster on IT said that South Oak Cliffs defense is known as ‘Death Row’ and they’re playing today.  So I’d guess this is for the recruit and his old school. 

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Turnipseed is a very South Carolina name. Seen it there multiple times but never anywhere else. 

Pretty well known name in south Texas.  Used to be a Turnipseed Boot Co in Beeville.  His son played for Baylor in the 70s.  

https://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/sports/turnipseede-plants-name-in-beeville-hall-of-fame/article_f8536cb4-95f4-5b8b-b020-e5a2a548aaf0.html

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - adding Campbell would push Texas past Ohio St and into the 4th best class in the country. 

After a 5-7 season. 

It’s pretty amazing for a team that had momentum in the complete wrong direction. Texas football again giving me hope

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting