Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You just talked shit to a guy about money who stands to make more than Steve Sarkisian in 2022. 

We’re all happy that you got your CPA certification, and so if your mother. That said, you’re wrong on this shit and it’s going to be fun watching you take it from here. 

I think you are overpaying.

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Just to give everyone an idea of how bad this is. I went to the class calculator and with 8 players I got a score of 161.46 or the 75th rated class in 2019 (obviously a bit skewed, because other classes have lost players, but you get the idea). Not sure you could get less out of a #3 ranked class if you tried. 

"A Panhandle 4 is an east Texas 6"

A Tom Herman 3 is a Charlie 10.

• Haha 1

Herman is definitely a better coach than Strong. It’s not even close. 

But Strong left a better roster for Herman. I don’t think this is even debatable now. There are surprisingly still people that think we should have kept Herman. If that happened we would have landed a recruiting class outside the top 20 with an even worse long-term roster. 

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I haven't kept up but what's happening with Jacoby Mathews? 

He’s been silently or verbally committed to five schools, including silently to three at the same time. That’s one I’m ignoring until he signs with someone 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Signing NSD2.  Texas 'in a good spot' - but its an LSU/aggy/Texas battle apparently.

Unless I've missed some hires - it's 'ol Kwit, vs. two schools without a DC?  

Advantage: Aggy?  (Actually, LSU is supposed to be the favorite, right?)

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Has aggy named a dc yet?

No and I think their primary recruiter for Matthews is Tommie Robinson who is an ok recruiter. 

This seems like a recruitment Texas could win if it's on a level playing field but I'm getting the vibe this is about dropping bags. 

Edited by texasstrong12

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

No and I think their primary recruiter for Matthews is Tommie Robinson who is an ok recruiter. 

This seems like a recruitment Texas could win if it's on a level playing field but I'm getting the vibe this is about dropping bags. 

You gotta think LSU is pretty desperate for a recruiting win.

On the other hand, I think that by this time next year Texas will have fully whipped out its giant money schlong and be offering more "legit" money than almost any school can offer under the table, so if Jacoby is able to see beyond the immediate short-term he might realize the value of playing in a world city/social media hub like Austin as opposed to the backwater of Baton Rouge.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Gee whiz, guys. Think about how swell it would be if we could magically spend some other asshole’s money when they showed up shockingly correct.  What a great world that would be for us and not them.  

Ummmmmm, no. Fuckface can pay me when his bet is absurdly shown to be a bust in June. 

So if I am interpreting this correctly: Fuck you pay me?

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting