Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

At his size it's just hard to get around that motherfucker and it looks like he has some smarts to wait until you make the move that puts you a little off balance and then he pounces and yer ass is on the rug.  

He does move surprisingly well for his size. His pad level is pretty good for a 6'7" tackle, especially relative to his teammates on the interior. Those two things alone create a fairly high floor. 

The problems I see - wasted first step, bad hands - are fixable technique issues. He's obviously getting away with bad habits at the HS level and probably needs a year or two in college S&C, but I see why his offer list was what it was.

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

We’re veering off into the Coaches thread rather than 2022 recruiting, but I can see Patterson taking a bit of a depressurization role as a Defensive Analyst, much like Jerry Kill did for him offensively, and hopefully becomes our 2022 version of Dick Tomey. Then if shit hits the fan, he can step into the DC role, or if it really hits the fan, perhaps CDC does what ClubWhatever suggests at the top of the prior page.

He turning 62 in a couple months and has millions put away. Wind down jobs are pretty appealing in that situation.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting