Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

We should be happy we’re top 5 after the shit show of a season we had. Raid the portal and win some fucking games and we will have the number 1 class next year.
Unless there are some more HC shakeups on high profile teams we're recruting head to head against, it will take more than a decent season to pull another top 5, much less #1.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:
We should be happy we’re top 5 after the shit show of a season we had. Raid the portal and win some fucking games and we will have the number 1 class next year.

Unless there are some more HC shakeups on high profile teams we're recruting head to head against, it will take more than a decent season to pull another top 5, much less #1.

I was trying to be optimistic 

Just now, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The landscape has changed. As long as we have a strong NIL game we will recruit well. A&M had a shit season and "outrecruited" every team in the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The rationalizations continue to be dumb. Harris, Stewart, and several other aggy commits were bought. That's why they're going to aggy. 

Harris and Stewart were never coming here. Same with Perkins. 

Stewart was literally committed here you knob

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

Stewart was literally committed here you knob

He wasn't coming here once money entered the picture.He didn't choose aggie because of their extraordinary offense or their incredible ability to develop wide receivers. He went there for money. An undefeated season wouldn't have changed the outcome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

He wasn't coming here once money entered the picture.He didn't choose aggie because of their extraordinary offense or their incredible ability to develop wide receivers. He went there for money. An undefeated season wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Don't tell Vertigo. He thinks because Stewart was committed here before bags entered the picture it means Stewart was coming here. 

Apparently, Vertigo doesn't understand how bags and last second flips work. 

57 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I can't wait until next year. Their bag men are going to have to keep this class happy and also the next class happy. I also can't wait until they start filling out their 2021 taxes next year.

Lol do you seriously think this will be the first (tax) year they’ve done this?

Imma give an unpopular opinion. I think if texas had popped 9 plus wins. Thats winning those games we had in hand and lost in the 2nd half, our fledgling baggame would have been enough to sway some of the guys aggy bought. 

How many?  Idk. Who?  Idk. 

But , yes,  i think winning and a little bit of money would have trumped aggy and their megabags. 

Kids arent stu...ok yes they can be stupid when bags are dropped on them. But texas still sells. Our coaching staff. To the suprise of many sells. 

And when we win those 9 plus next year, all thats texas has going for it will pay off with a top class. 

Bartender!!  Pancakes!  For me and men!!

Edited by NorLa Horns
Team ion

2 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

sounds like we just need to up our NIL….  

You can always expect the aggy troll (i.e. cashcar sock) to show up in these threads when something bad happens. 

Based on your history of arguing Neto is going to Baylor, Ewers going to aggy or Tech, and Texas not landing a top 10 class I now like our chances moving forward with NIL. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Lol why are y’all worried about Aggy? They'll fuck up and be on probation in no time.

The ncaa just changed the rules to only the people involved can be held liable and not the program if not directly involved….   So not happening, almost like A&M knew this was coming.  Ncaa won’t do shit to anyone anymore, it’s a joke.  

Edited by Hook1997

Just now, Hook1997 said:

The ncaa just changed the rules to only the people involved can be held liable and not the program if not directly involved….   So not happening, almost like A&M knew this was coming.  Ncaa won’t do shit to anyone anymore, it’s a joke.  

they never did do shit to anyone

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This offseason is going very well so far. 

1) Top 5ish class

2) Ewers

3) Loading up in the trenches 

4) Good hire in Choice. 

Next up on the agenda is what? 

1) Hire Patterson

2) Get rid of Coleman

3) WR, LB/edge, OL, safety in the portal

4) Get rid of more fat on the roster 

I agree with all of this but if we were to hire fat Gare it would need to be as the DC or nothing at all. I can't imagine he would play nice with anyone as an analyst very long and it would be a recipe for disaster 

3 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I agree with all of this but if we were to hire fat Gare it would need to be as the DC or nothing at all. I can't imagine he would play nice with anyone as an analyst very long and it would be a recipe for disaster 

I think it will be fine. People have a negative perception of Patterson based on how he hated us at TCU. 

If  Patters is a problem as an analyst just get rid of him. 

38 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This offseason is going very well so far. 

1) Top 5ish class

2) Ewers

3) Loading up in the trenches 

4) Good hire in Choice. 

Next up on the agenda is what? 

1) Hire Patterson

2) Get rid of Coleman

3) WR, LB/edge, OL, safety in the portal

4) Get rid of more fat on the roster 

The fuck are you doing pointing that out? This thread is clearly called "Jumbo Fister circlejerk 2021" 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is there a group of fans that talks more than aggy that hasn't won a conference championship since 1998 and a national title dating all the way back to 1939? 

It's really amazing to me. 

Last time we won a national championship a world war broke out so we made sure not to win another to save lives

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 37

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You can always expect the aggy troll (i.e. cashcar sock) to show up in these threads when something bad happens. 

Based on your history of arguing Neto is going to Baylor, Ewers going to aggy or Tech, and Texas not landing a top 10 class I now like our chances moving forward with NIL. 

umm. what are you talking about?  you confusing me with someone else?  

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting