Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, Askew said:

Burke is a weird case as far as rankings. Skewed data set.

Flew totally under the radar until late this year, expected to play a different sport. Started stacking offers mid-season. The kid didn't even get ranked until December 3, 2021. He's a consensus 3-star, but On3 has him as 4-star. Gerry says he will be in an On3 top-150 player. Absolutely dominated in the playoffs, consistently. 

I wouldn't view him as 'just another 3-star' when making predictions about him. 

Rivals said something similar. I think Burke will end up a 4 star on Rivals too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Askew said:

The kid didn't even get ranked until December 3, 2021. He's a consensus 3-star, but On3 has him as 4-star. Gerry says he will be in an On3 top-150 player. Absolutely dominated in the playoffs, consistently.

wow. that's incredible that Gerry says he is going to be a Top 150 player. wow. had no clue they were that high on him

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

All I know is that I changed this thread title a few hours before Banks publicly committed. Things continue to get better and better with Coleman being told to go be mediocre somewhere else. 

I feel like I need to change the transfer portal thread title now in order to conjure some further dark magic to suit our needs and wants. 

Let’s get the mojo working, lol. “You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.”

On 12/18/2021 at 8:30 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Pretty well known name in south Texas.  Used to be a Turnipseed Boot Co in Beeville.  His son played for Baylor in the 70s.  

https://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/sports/turnipseede-plants-name-in-beeville-hall-of-fame/article_f8536cb4-95f4-5b8b-b020-e5a2a548aaf0.html

You from Beeville?  I am...and I remember the Turnipseed Boot Co.

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

All I know is that I changed this thread title a few hours before Banks publicly committed. Things continue to get better and better with Coleman being told to go be mediocre somewhere else. 

I feel like I need to change the transfer portal thread title now in order to conjure some further dark magic to suit our needs and wants. 

I have a certain pride of authorship on the Portal Kombat title, but I think you should make a slight edit to it, "2022 Transfer Thread - Portal Kombat, get in the motherfucker!"

IT Scoop:

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: While we wait until the second national signing period, the On3 five-star and No. 23 overall prospect keeps at it on the hardwood.

He released his top two schools recently with Texas and OU nailing the final spots. There are whispers of Texas A&M trying to get into the mix lately, but Campbell is a relationship-based kid and Aggies OL coach, John Henson, is headed to Southern Cal as of last night.

Texas continues to look strong here but we'll likely have to wait until February to get that decision.

EDGE Omari Abor, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022:

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound On3 four-star EDGE has been an Ohio State lean for what feels like two years but with changes coming to the defensive side of the ball in Columbus, Texas was able to get its foot in the door.

Despite rarely being mentioned as one of his top schools, Texas stayed t. If you hang around the rim long enough, you'll grab a rebound. Abor really likes defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski and sees a vision of himself on the UT defense, he told IT.

One of things Abor mentioned about Texas was heading to SEC. He thinks this can make UT an even more attractive destination. That, coupled with the signatures of teammate Cam Williams and friend Terrance Brooks, puts the Horns squarely in the mix.

Don’t be surprised to see a few more schools jump in given Abor's upside and potential.

Abor wants to announce at the Adidas All-American game January 8.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT Scoop:

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: While we wait until the second national signing period, the On3 five-star and No. 23 overall prospect keeps at it on the hardwood.

He released his top two schools recently with Texas and OU nailing the final spots. There are whispers of Texas A&M trying to get into the mix lately, but Campbell is a relationship-based kid and Aggies OL coach, John Henson, is headed to Southern Cal as of last night.

Texas continues to look strong here but we'll likely have to wait until February to get that decision.

I've seen how this story ends. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

The year is 2029....Its opening day at Death Valley, and the stadium is filled to its 126,843 capacity. All in orange. All waving orange flags. They cheer for their Tigers, celebrating the back to back national championships, and 4 out of the last 8 national championships. They are a dynasty. The media speculates "is this the greatest team ever?" Clemson, synonomous with "college football", is the envy of every other program in America.

The Four Horseman, Cherone Peak, Martravias Bryant, Mike Bellamy and of course Sammy Watkins, are in attendance. Dabo has always credited them with being the Spark that turned around Clemson’s fortune. Though Clemson never actually won a national title while they were there, the 3 ACC championships they won put Clemson squarely back in the mix for the national title hunt from their perch on top of the ACC.

Watkins, being Clemson's first Heisman Trophy winner and first #1 pick was greeted with roar, many still wearing his retired #1 jersey. Bellamy, a two-time NFL MVP and first ballot Hall of Famer raised his hand to the crowd, and nearly blinded all from the shine of his 4 super bowl rings. Peake and Bryant recently retired from the NFL as annual pro-bowlers and defining Clemson's new reputation as "Wide Reciever U".

Just beside the four horseman, are three former Tiger walk-ons: Will Swinney, Drew Swinney, and Clay Swinney. Will is now an assistant coach at Alabama. Drew, a successful attorney in Atlanta. And Clay, who defied the odds and is now a starting wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans. They stand there, in awe. Tears flowing from their face as they think back to all the practices, hours in the weight room, and tough victories over ACC foes. They are all champions. It has all come to this. This one moment. They know this is what they worked for. They know what it feels like to achieve your dream.

Then...an announcement is made, and a banner is dropped...

The West Zone will be renamed...the Dabo Swinney Zone. Suddenly, 126,843 chant "Dabo! Dabo!" at the top of their lungs, and thank God that they were patient with Dabo. He asked for patience. He delivered.

Clemson.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

He is a freakish athlete for his size.  He can definitely play outside with good S&C.  That would allow Campbell and Neto to form one of the most athletic pulling guard combos in the country.  That is not a 3 star player. 

Edited by RabidM

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

The year is 2029....Its opening day at Death Valley, and the stadium is filled to its 126,843 capacity. All in orange. All waving orange flags. They cheer for their Tigers, celebrating the back to back national championships, and 4 out of the last 8 national championships. They are a dynasty. The media speculates "is this the greatest team ever?" Clemson, synonomous with "college football", is the envy of every other program in America.

The Four Horseman, Cherone Peak, Martravias Bryant, Mike Bellamy and of course Sammy Watkins, are in attendance. Dabo has always credited them with being the Spark that turned around Clemson’s fortune. Though Clemson never actually won a national title while they were there, the 3 ACC championships they won put Clemson squarely back in the mix for the national title hunt from their perch on top of the ACC.

Watkins, being Clemson's first Heisman Trophy winner and first #1 pick was greeted with roar, many still wearing his retired #1 jersey. Bellamy, a two-time NFL MVP and first ballot Hall of Famer raised his hand to the crowd, and nearly blinded all from the shine of his 4 super bowl rings. Peake and Bryant recently retired from the NFL as annual pro-bowlers and defining Clemson's new reputation as "Wide Reciever U".

Just beside the four horseman, are three former Tiger walk-ons: Will Swinney, Drew Swinney, and Clay Swinney. Will is now an assistant coach at Alabama. Drew, a successful attorney in Atlanta. And Clay, who defied the odds and is now a starting wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans. They stand there, in awe. Tears flowing from their face as they think back to all the practices, hours in the weight room, and tough victories over ACC foes. They are all champions. It has all come to this. This one moment. They know this is what they worked for. They know what it feels like to achieve your dream.

The West Zone will be renamed...the Dabo Swinney Zone. Suddenly, 126,843 chant "Dabo! Dabo!" at the top of their lungs, and thank God that they were patient with Dabo. He asked for patience. He delivered.

Clemson.

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Clemson.

Misspelling two of the four horsemen is *chef's kiss*

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting