Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

They have some big money that’s desperate to see them win before they are gone.   There’s one billionaire who was in school there last time they won, and that’s all it takes to fund a big time bag game if they are ready and willing.  
Wow, they still have an aggy that was around for the last one?

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Jimbob said:
They have some big money that’s desperate to see them win before they are gone.   There’s one billionaire who was in school there last time they won, and that’s all it takes to fund a big time bag game if they are ready and willing.  

Wow, they still have an aggy that was around for the last one?

Actually got the guys mixed up, both were alive then, the one in school died already.  
clear channel founder was alive but probably doesn’t remember them winning shit.  

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He just needs to gain 40-50 pounds of good weight to even play the position he was recruited for…. It’s a 50/50 shot he sees the field at Texas ever.   

So like most recruits he needs to add weight or cut bad weight? 

Got it. Shocking news that a HS recruit needs a college strength and conditioning program. 

22 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

So like most recruits he needs to add weight or cut bad weight? 

Got it. Shocking news that a HS recruit needs a college strength and conditioning program. 

Why are people being so defensive about this; is it a Westlake thing? Odds are this guy isn't playing meaningful snaps here, and if he does, the same defensive posters will be over on the football board losing their fucking shit at every mistake he makes.

It's such classic recruiting board homerism to ratio a guy for daring to predict that a low three star we offered at the last fucking minute has a 50/50 shot to play here. You would think after having our teeth kicked in for 12 years a little skepticism would be allowed. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Why are people being so defensive about this; is it a Westlake thing? Odds are this guy isn't playing meaningful snaps here, and if he does, the same defensive posters will be over on the football board losing their fucking shit at every mistake he makes.

It's such classic recruiting board homerism to ratio a guy for daring to predict that a low three star we offered at the last fucking minute has a 50/50 shot to play here. You would think after having our teeth kicked in for 12 years a little skepticism would be allowed. 

I have no clue if Burke will be a major contributor but it's also dumb as fuck to write a guy off because he has to add some weight. 80% of recruits need a college strength and conditioning program. 

That's why he's getting ratio'ed. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I have no clue if Burke will be a major contributor but it's also dumb as fuck to write a guy off because he has to add some weight. 80% of recruits need a college strength and conditioning program. 

That's why he's getting ratio'ed. 

Yes, virtually every recruit needs a college strength and conditioning program. Some need a shit load more than others. 

On 12/13/2021 at 5:24 PM, Teryor said:

I know it's you, but I genuinely don't get the whining about Coleman still being a coach when we're clearly waiting till after the 15th to make changes. If he's still employed a week from now I'll be with you but it makes no sense now. 

Fired a week after this post. Remarkable

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Fwiw, Burke is at 601 in the composite, which is not a “low” three-star. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All I know is that I changed this thread title a few hours before Banks publicly committed. Things continue to get better and better with Coleman being told to go be mediocre somewhere else. 

I feel like I need to change the transfer portal thread title now in order to conjure some further dark magic to suit our needs and wants. 

Portal Kombat has such a nice ring to it, but I think you’re right.

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All I know is that I changed this thread title a few hours before Banks publicly committed. Things continue to get better and better with Coleman being told to go be mediocre somewhere else. 

I feel like I need to change the transfer portal thread title now in order to conjure some further dark magic to suit our needs and wants. 

do it jewish GIF

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Something Krampus related for the time being. Should pair nicely. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

But then I can’t shout “PORTAL KOMBAT” every time I open it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

WR recruiting is too important for the class of 2023 to let him do any further damage.

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well they were also poorly coached. Dude's getting canned for overall performance.

So basically, Coleman was a terrible recruiter, but made up for it by being a lousy coach?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Burke is a weird case as far as rankings. Skewed data set.

Flew totally under the radar until late this year, expected to play a different sport. Started stacking offers mid-season. The kid didn't even get ranked until December 3, 2021. He's a consensus 3-star, but On3 has him as 4-star. Gerry says he will be in an On3 top-150 player. Absolutely dominated in the playoffs, consistently. 

I wouldn't view him as 'just another 3-star' when making predictions about him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Conjuring Ewers wasn't magic enough?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

"2022 Transfer Thread - Quinfinity War"

He Is Inevitable

image.jpeg.0494ba77381a07dc85d7f97f2a5b8415.jpegimage.jpeg.7e2d0df00262af0a15702cb34e081b75.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Askew said:

Burke is a weird case as far as rankings. Skewed data set.

Flew totally under the radar until late this year, expected to play a different sport. Started stacking offers mid-season. The kid didn't even get ranked until December 3, 2021. He's a consensus 3-star, but On3 has him as 4-star. Gerry says he will be in an On3 top-150 player. Absolutely dominated in the playoffs, consistently. 

I wouldn't view him as 'just another 3-star' when making predictions about him. 

BOMC confirmed

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting