2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They also scored 17 points in the third game and 21 points in the eighth game. 

I'm not one of the people who think that offense is impossible to stop -- I watched Wimberley stop them a bunch of years.  You do have to have a D coordinator who knows how to stop it (hey to Dick Smith), and a pretty talented D that is also extremely disciplined with every guy on the field playing assignment football on every play.  You have 1 of 11 guys not do their assignment on any single play, and you get burned.  

And it's about a billion times easier to stop if you have an officiating crew who will flag them for not being set for a full second, but most of them won't.  I've seen them play a couple of games in the last few years where the flags came out on the first drive and the offense completely sputtered. 

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

My Dad is a Katy ISD retiree/homer just texted me that Westlake is pretty good! I’m like no shit, I told you that going in, but his “homer” attitude with Gary Joseph at the helm, thought they could so Westlake down.

Did Paetow High tap into the Katy High attendance zone and thus some of their talent pool?   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

15 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

I believe you’re looking for “it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught” or “if you ain’t cheating you ain’t competing”

Many variations of that "you're not trying if you're not cheating".

Time to get back to the pancake festival.

8 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

North shore is playing good defense. LT can't run for shit now and they are unable to stop the run. NS is over 200 yds on the ground. 35-14 at the half. LT gets the ball and the wind after half. We will see if they can come back, but not looking good.

How does Ross and Harris look?