Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My friend that got swept by them (and has a top 20 schedule strength so he’s seen Florida, Vandy, GA Tech, Tenn, Kentucky, USCe, GA and WVU said they are pretty legit- not on that level- and very old/experienced.  They are basically the definition of a very solid mid major. Think like the Missouri valley team in the NCAA tournament that’s a 7 seed in hoops). That’s nothing to sneeze at but it’s a gift at the super regional level. 
USF is likely worse. 

USF is definitely worse. They were 1 game over .500 before this weekend. 

South Alabama is a solid mid major but Old Dominion, East Carolina, Southern Miss, UC Irvine, LA Tech, Charlotte, VCU, Wright State, Campbell, Dallas Baptist, and so on are probably all better mid major teams. This is a 2nd tier mid major team (at best). 

Reality is we got an incredible draw because Florida and Miami choked. College baseball is weird and wild so nothing is ever a for sure thing regardless of opponent. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So I see we are still holding CDC responsible for shit he has absolutely no control over.  🙄

Crystal Conte!!! Hahahahhaha isn’t it so funny!?!?!? Do you guys get it!?!? Cause he fucks everything up!!!!! Except he totally hasn’t….

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I don't really care who we face but it would be nice for them to get to play the 2nd game which I assume would be played later today yes?

Yes. Make them play while we chill and watch film and keep up our routine 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

CDC isn't some television overlord. He's at the mercy of the networks just like everyone else.

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

All the weather delays and long games bleeding into TV times is not his fault.

JFC, what do you want him to do, run ESPN too?  ESPN wanted us Sunday morning, but weather fucked us over. 

24 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So I see we are still holding CDC responsible for shit he has absolutely no control over.  🙄

all 3 of you have reading comprehension issues.

Im not blaming CDC-  I am reiterating his own words in his fucking tweet today.    I specifically said he needs to figure out why the fuck ESPN told us to delay the game an hour so they could put the broadcast on a more national network  (which I am totally OK with)....     to see them suddenly turn on a dime and say fuck it,   lets just put it on LHN.

Its not like weather delays are some rare thing in the South.  If they made the 8pm broadcast decision based on the assumption that none of the games would be delayed, thats a fucking ESPN rookie mistake.    and  I expect him to address it with ESPN accordingly.

That move caused a lot of people to either A) not be able to attend the game, or

B) make sure they subscribed to  ESPNU (or find someone who did)... to then try and scramble at the last minute when to my understanding, ESPN didnt even bother telling anyone the game was being flipped to LHN,   causing fans to not know what the hell happened.

Pancho literally came onto this thread around the 3rd inning asking where the fuck the game was and he doesnt have LHN so hes fucked.   There are other fans out there with similar issues..... like anyone with DISH TV gets fucked because Dish only broadcasts in HD when there is a scheduled game being played at the time it is supposed to be played... major rain delays = no bueno.

I know the network decisions arent his... but accepting the 1 hour delay so it could be a national broadcast, only to be told nevermind.    thats a bitch move by espn.

46 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

all 3 of you have reading comprehension issues.

Im not blaming CDC-  I am reiterating his own words in his fucking tweet today.    I specifically said he needs to figure out why the fuck ESPN told us to delay the game an hour so they could put the broadcast on a more national network  (which I am totally OK with)....     to see them suddenly turn on a dime and say fuck it,   lets just put it on LHN.

Its not like weather delays are some rare thing in the South.  If they made the 8pm broadcast decision based on the assumption that none of the games would be delayed, thats a fucking ESPN rookie mistake.    and  I expect him to address it with ESPN accordingly.

That move caused a lot of people to either A) not be able to attend the game, or

B) make sure they subscribed to  ESPNU (or find someone who did)... to then try and scramble at the last minute when to my understanding, ESPN didnt even bother telling anyone the game was being flipped to LHN,   causing fans to not know what the hell happened.

Pancho literally came onto this thread around the 3rd inning asking where the fuck the game was and he doesnt have LHN so hes fucked.   There are other fans out there with similar issues..... like anyone with DISH TV gets fucked because Dish only broadcasts in HD when there is a scheduled game being played at the time it is supposed to be played... major rain delays = no bueno.

I know the network decisions arent his... but accepting the 1 hour delay so it could be a national broadcast, only to be told nevermind.    thats a bitch move by espn.

ESPN believed ASU would beat Fairfield.  ASU would draw more viewers than Fairfield, so the game gets elevated to a wide distribution channel and moved back an hour to accommodate.

ASU loses yesterday, so ESPN sorts out the better eyeballs match-up to max out ad revenue, and determines Texas vs. Fairfield ain't it.

ESPN drops a big turd on Texas fans. Film at 11.

I was pissed too and yelled about it last night, but ESPN are a squadron of fucktard donkeys and can get away with whatever they want right now.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

ESPN believed ASU would beat Fairfield.  ASU would draw more viewers than Fairfield, so the game gets elevated to a wide distribution channel and moved back an hour to accommodate.

ASU loses yesterday, so ESPN sorts out the better eyeballs match-up to max out ad revenue, and determines Texas vs. Fairfield ain't it.

ESPN drops a big turd on Texas fans. Film at 11.

I was pissed too and yelled about it last night, but ESPN are a squadron of fucktard donkeys and can get away with whatever they want right now.

Goddamn, I know you're pissed, but there's absolutely no reason to slander a squadron of fucktard donkeys.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

USF is definitely worse. They were 1 game over .500 before this weekend. 

South Alabama is a solid mid major but Old Dominion, East Carolina, Southern Miss, UC Irvine, LA Tech, Charlotte, VCU, Wright State, Campbell, Dallas Baptist, and so on are probably all better mid major teams. This is a 2nd tier mid major team (at best). 

Reality is we got an incredible draw because Florida and Miami choked. College baseball is weird and wild so nothing is ever a for sure thing regardless of opponent. 

Program wise yes. 
this year?  I’d probably take USA as better than a couple of those teams but definitely worse than Dalls Baptist, southern miss, ODU, Irvine. ECU. 
would probably take USA over Campbell and VCU this year but that’s just judged by his experience and seeing their regional. It’s a definite gift and we should be the heavy heavy favorite. Like we should advance 8 or 9/10 with the other uncertainty being chalked up to “its baseball” and those guys can pitch. The games I’ve followed for them at regionals and against his squad they’ve given up like a combined 8 or 10 runs in 8 games or something. Root for USF but celebrate it not being Gata or Cane either way. We likely didn’t need that break but we got it anyway- which is nice. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Yeah, so if you pre-requested Supers tickets, you just wait for the email that tells you what seats you get, right?

Yes. Just got off the phone with them as I had preordered and hadn’t seen an email yet. They are waiting for dates and times (Friday-Sunday vs Saturday- Monday) before emails are sent out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yes. Just got off the phone with them as I had preordered and hadn’t seen an email yet. They are waiting for dates and times (Friday-Sunday vs Saturday- Monday) before emails are sent out. emoji869.png

Yeah I ended up talking to them as well. Got everything straightened out, but what's weird is that my pre-requested tickets aren't as good as the really good seats I could have bought this a.m. WTF?

• Rage+1 1

Yeah I ended up talking to them as well. Got everything straightened out, but what's weird is that my pre-requested tickets aren't as good as the really good seats I could have bought this a.m. WTF?

Yep. I agree. I just preordered my season ticket seats (which are great during the season, but gonna bake most likely now)....
Had I known I could of waited and got some in the shade, I would have done that.
Oh well, I’m superstitious anyway and why mess up a good thing?
Plus , I just drink more beer with the other guys around me that have been there all season too.

35 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That's messed up.

Agreed. Shit's broke, yo.

30 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yep. I agree. I just preordered my season ticket seats (which are great during the season, but gonna bake most likely now)....
Had I known I could of waited and got some in the shade, I would have done that.
Oh well, I’m superstitious anyway and why mess up a good thing? emoji869.png
Plus , I just drink more beer emoji482.png with the other guys around me that have been there all season too.

Yeah I checked this a.m. at like 9:05 just out of curiosity, and they had 2 badass seats in Sec1, on Row 4, with the cushy padded bottom, right behind our dugout. I didn't buy 'em right then because I figured as someone who pre-requested & gave my credit card info, etc, I'd get something at least comparable. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that getting seats like that was unlikely, so I bought some. Kept hitting the buttons until some pretty good seats came up ... the first row of R1. I eventually talked to a very nice woman at the office. Based on where she told me my pre-requested seats were, I ended up telling her to just cancel the pre-request, and I'd keep the R1 seats I bought today. Had I known some of this stuff at the time, I'd have jumped all over those Sec 1 seats this morning. /csb

Glad to be able to go though, and still with pretty nice seats.

Edited by wood

Yeah I checked this a.m. at like 9:05, and they had 2 badass seats in Sec1, on Row 4, with the cushy padded bottom, right behind our dugout. I didn't buy 'em right then because I figured as someone who pre-requested & gave my credit card info, etc, I'd get something at least comparable. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that getting seats like that was unlikely, so I bought some. Kept hitting the buttons until some pretty good seats came up ... the first row of R1. I eventually talked to them. Based on where they told me my pre-requested seats were, I ended up telling them to just cancel the pre-request, and I'd keep the R1 seats I bought today. Had I known some of this stuff at the time, I'd have jumped all over those Sec 1 seats this morning. /csb
Glad to be able to go though, and still with pretty nice seats.

Wow. Good for you and also good to know for the future.
I got up too late for even thinking about doing something like that. Getting home after the ballgame last night at 1 will do that.
I like my seats, R2 , on the aisle and right in line with pitcher’s throw to first, but it can get hot there this time of yr. Oh well, like I said, just more hydration!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

Wow. Good for you and also good to know for the future.
I got up too late for even thinking about doing something like that. Getting home after the ballgame last night at 1 will do that.
I like my seats, R2 , on the aisle and right in line with pitcher’s throw to first, but it can get hot there this time of yr. Oh well, like I said, just more hydration! emoji482.pngemoji2371.pngemoji869.png

Ha! Yeah on Saturday I had to think long and hard about it before I decided to pull the trigger and go to that game. It was running late and I had to get up Sunday at 0530 to get to work. Decided to go. Game went til 1130. I got to bed about 1am. Surprisingly felt pretty good yesterday though on a little over 4 hours of sleep. The only reason I was up today at 9 was because I had just come home from work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ha! Yeah on Saturday I had to think long and hard about it before I decided to pull the trigger and go to that game. It was running late and I had to get up Sunday at 0530 to get to work. Decided to go. Game went til 1130. I got to bed about 1am. Surprisingly felt pretty good yesterday though on a little over 4 hours of sleep. The only reason I was up today at 9 was because I had just come home from work.

Yes. I was already dragging a bit from the late Saturday game. We live west of weird and my Dad (almost 86) and I got home around 1230 am. Him and my mom went back home to Boerne early Sunday so it was a long day for me yesterday. I’ll have to look for you this coming weekend and buy you a beer (if you drink) Not sure you remember, but we have run in the same circles ️ professional wise...

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

All 3 smoked. This team is going to be bored until they're in Omaha. 

speaking of smoked, living here in Alaska, a man once brought me some smoked salmon to taste....Damn! As the saying goes, good enough to make you want to slap your mama!

Funny, the first time I heard that saying was 1992, as a brand new management trainee at Luby's.  Thank you Wayne Shirley for that. 

So if we were to play USF in the Charlie Strong Regional who would claim the horns?
E3Oy3U_VEAQT98y?format=jpg&name=large

The only thing I bullieve is y'all need to score more runs.

Fairfield Stags pretty much had the same plagiarized hand sign and look how it turned out for them....Horns Up!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

So if we were to play USF in the Charlie Strong Regional who would claim the horns?

The only thing I bullieve is y'all need to score more runs.

JFC, those fuckers are ripping off all our shit. Someone needs to show this shit to CDC & Legal.

6 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

7 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

6 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Goddamn, I know you're pissed, but there's absolutely no reason to slander a squadron of fucktard donkeys.

Our friends in College Station would like to hear more about these fucktard donkeys. Ahh, who am I kidding? They're not reading a thread about postseason baseball. 

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 1