DoorDash UberEats Favor bitching

TKthunder2

We have threads on ride sharing and short term rentals so why not.

They all suck right now due to the lack of drivers but DoorDash has this disclaimer on their tips that’s really starting grind my gears because it just a blatant lie.

“The recommended Dasher tip is based on delivery distance and effort.”

If I order a Kobe burger for $30 it says the recommended tip is $7 while the regular $10 hamburger says my tip is $4.  How the fuck can they claim it’s based on delivery distance and effort if they are simply picking up a bag with a burger in it either way.

If they said it should be more if you got a bunch of drinks or a milkshake which is a pain in the ass to transport then I get it, but this is simply indexed to the prices like we would with waiters and has little to do with the amount of EFFORT spent.

I don’t mind tipping, and typically just pick the lowest recommended tip and call it a day but that feels like false advertising.  I wonder if someone could sue them over this...

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The higher tip for the Kobe burger is for the distasteful experience of meeting someone that would order that.

Have you had the Kobe burger at the Four Seasons?  I don’t order it often but damn it’s good.

14 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I don’t mind tipping, and typically just pick the lowest recommended tip and call it a day but that feels like false advertising.  I wonder if someone could sue them over this...

Uhhh you know you don't have to pick one of the recommended tips right? Those are for people who are too stupid to do their own math. 

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Uhhh you know you don't have to pick one of the recommended tips right? Those are for people who are too stupid to do their own math. 

Yes I know, before COVID I did smaller custom amounts, but since last year I’ve been tipping more since both my wife and I have steady paychecks and these gig workers were likely laid off people trying to make ends meet.  Same reason we try to order directly from the restaurants (and tip well too) when we have the time to go pick it up ourselves.

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I have yet to get warm food from any of the food delivery platforms.  I quit trying.  I go get it myself unless there is extenuating circumstances.

You either don't abuse substances nearly enough or should cut back on your driving while intoxicated. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

My company gives me 20 bucks credit to grubhub every 2 weeks so I have to use it or lose it. Sometimes the driver cancels halfway to the restaurant or the restaurant cancels and says they're too busy after the driver gets there. I've found ordering pickup from a nearby place is much easier and you skip the delivery fee.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I assumed you were going to judge for tipping to little

#middletipppertominimizespit

Edited by B00M
*too ..dumb

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

I assumed you were going to judge for tipping to little

#middletipppertominimizespit

This.

"A Tennessee man was jailed on felony charges after appearing to dip his testicles into a container of salsa that a customer had ordered online."

https://wset.com/news/nation-world/tennessee-man-accused-of-dipping-testicles-in-customers-salsa-before-online-delivery-02-27-2019-154759504

I have yet to get warm food from any of the food delivery platforms.  I quit trying.  I go get it myself unless there is extenuating circumstances.

This. Tried it once. Food underwhelmed …Would rather use it an excuse to get out of the house than get food delivered that isn’t pizza

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

This.

"A Tennessee man was jailed on felony charges after appearing to dip his testicles into a container of salsa that a customer had ordered online."

https://wset.com/news/nation-world/tennessee-man-accused-of-dipping-testicles-in-customers-salsa-before-online-delivery-02-27-2019-154759504

What could go wrong?

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

This. We had a service back in the 90’s called Cafe Courier that delivered carry out from restaurants that didn’t deliver. Nice idea but you never got hot food. I figure nothing has changed. I go pick it up myself. 

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This. Tried it once. Food underwhelmed …Would rather use it an excuse to get out of the house than get food delivered that isn’t pizza

Depends on the food. Sushi and most Asian food hold up fine for delivery. Fajitas and breakfast tacos hold up well too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

we had ordered from door dash, which we rarely use, and we could see that our food was ready and picked up, but not moving.  text the driver and he said that door dash was making him wait for another order at another nearby restaurant where the food was not even ready yet.  Given that our food had already been sitting for 10-15 minutes, we said 

tenor.gif

and cancelled.  I don't blame the driver, but DD's algorithm that said 'Yeah, it's cool to leave that order sitting to 20+ minutes while waiting on another order to finish up' is all fucked up.  We use the hell out of uber eats and generally no problems.  now that i can go and have drink at the bar while waiting on food order, I have outsourced uber eats with myself for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had my first bad experience with Doordash last Sunday. Ordered from a place 1.5 miles away. Driver is there on time and then I watch him drive 32 miles past my house and drop off another order. I am on the chat with Doordash and they are telling me they will contact driver to see when he is dropping food off. I tell them I don’t want the fucking food now as it’s been sitting in a car for over 45 minutes. The lady on chat tells me she understands my frustration so I say fuck it. Food arrives and i complain again. I did say the cookie was fine but everything else tasted funny because of sitting in a hot car. They refund everything but the cookie. 

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Yes I know, before COVID I did smaller custom amounts, but since last year I’ve been tipping more since both my wife and I have steady paychecks and these gig workers were likely laid off people trying to make ends meet.  

Bitch these people are literally giving you a convenience blowie and your default stance is set to CHEAP so it sounds like you suck worse than these delivery services. Anyone bringing food to your fatass at your door deserves a proper 20% minimum tip but preferably more if your dumb ass lives in an apartment or a poorly lit area hard to find. 

edit: i've been drinking and this isn't meant to any surler in particular, just a general statement of the obvious. tip your convenience agents well if you don't want to do it yourself. otoh, if they suck and can't follow explicit directions or don't communicate with you when you're trying to make it easier for them, fuck em

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

we had ordered from door dash, which we rarely use, and we could see that our food was ready and picked up, but not moving.  text the driver and he said that door dash was making him wait for another order at another nearby restaurant where the food was not even ready yet.  Given that our food had already been sitting for 10-15 minutes, we said 

tenor.gif

and cancelled.  I don't blame the driver, but DD's algorithm that said 'Yeah, it's cool to leave that order sitting to 20+ minutes while waiting on another order to finish up' is all fucked up.  We use the hell out of uber eats and generally no problems.  now that i can go and have drink at the bar while waiting on food order, I have outsourced uber eats with myself for the most part.

on the restaurant side Door Dash is a goddamn clusterfuck of fuckshittery

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Bitch these people are literally giving you a convenience blowie and your default stance is set to CHEAP so it sounds like you suck worse than these delivery services. Anyone bringing food to your fatass at your door deserves a proper 20% minimum tip but preferably more if your dumb ass lives in an apartment or a poorly lit area hard to find. 

edit: i've been drinking and this isn't meant to any surler in particular, just a general statement of the obvious. tip your convenience agents well if you don't want to do it yourself. otoh, if they suck and can't follow explicit directions or don't communicate with you when you're trying to make it easier for them, fuck em

Mind was blow how much the percentage math meant to the staff (20 vs 30 % tip), even if it was just a buck or two. 

*and yes. Any restaurant you have delivering to you with any regularity knows if you are a good or bad tipper, average tipper not included. 

Uber Eats is probably my preferred delivery service on both the customer and business side as I think they have the best technology for both, but their fees are high on participating establishments. As a customer I like the constant information provided and their technology allows for less interrupted service on the restaurant's end because it doesn't require an employee to answer the phone like Favor or Door Dash. Uber Eats is much more seamless and doesn't create as much friction between staff/delivery person as other third party delivery businesses. 

Door Dash is awful. Postmates as well. Favor could be decent but they have too many absolute fucking dipshit assholes working for them who don't deserve a job let alone a tip. 

36 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Uber Eats is probably my preferred delivery service on both the customer and business side as I think they have the best technology for both, but their fees are high on participating establishments. As a customer I like the constant information provided and their technology allows for less interrupted service on the restaurant's end because it doesn't require an employee to answer the phone like Favor or Door Dash. Uber Eats is much more seamless and doesn't create as much friction between staff/delivery person as other third party delivery businesses. 

Door Dash is awful. Postmates as well. Favor could be decent but they have too many absolute fucking dipshit assholes working for them who don't deserve a job let alone a tip. 

Favor’s advantage is they will do damn near anything.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I think you have to take an IQ test to work for Favor, and they don't hire anyone who scores over 70.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Bitch, I ain’t paying more in fees, taxes, and tips than the mother fucking food. LMAO.  Like ride shares, this shit is a convenience service, for $15 it ain’t convenient.

Right now on DoorDash a Pluckers 5 Wing combo is $11.00, Delivery is $6.99, Fees & Taxes are $2.56 (but only 90 cents is tax), and the suggested tip is $3.00 (27.5% just FYI).

So food+tax cost is less than $11.90 and the delivery service is $11.65.  That’s just ridiculous.  How the fuck did pizza and Chinese food delivery operate for all these years?

39 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Bitch, I ain’t paying more in fees, taxes, and tips than the mother fucking food. LMAO.  Like ride shares, this shit is a convenience service, for $15 it ain’t convenient.

Why should the cost of the food and of the delivery be connected? They are two completely different things. And what does the cost have to do whether it is convenient or not? Usually I expect to pay more for convenience and how much depends a lot on the situation and much less on what I feel like paying.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Had my first bad experience with Doordash last Sunday. Ordered from a place 1.5 miles away. Driver is there on time and then I watch him drive 32 miles past my house and drop off another order. I am on the chat with Doordash and they are telling me they will contact driver to see when he is dropping food off. I tell them I don’t want the fucking food now as it’s been sitting in a car for over 45 minutes. The lady on chat tells me she understands my frustration so I say fuck it. Food arrives and i complain again. I did say the cookie was fine but everything else tasted funny because of sitting in a hot car. They refund everything but the cookie. 

Out of all the food delivery orders you get you know atleast once someone has fucked with your food.

7 hours ago, TornACL said:

I think you have to take an IQ test to work for Favor, and they don't hire anyone who scores over 70.

It blows my mind that HEB owns Favor. The user experience between their grocery stores and their delivery app could not be any more different.

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Right now on DoorDash a Pluckers 5 Wing combo is $11.00, Delivery is $6.99, Fees & Taxes are $2.56 (but only 90 cents is tax), and the suggested tip is $3.00 (27.5% just FYI).

So food+tax cost is less than $11.90 and the delivery service is $11.65.  That’s just ridiculous.  How the fuck did pizza and Chinese food delivery operate for all these years?

Can't you order Pluckers for delivery online directly from their website? I think what we're seeing happen here is that restaurants who offer their own delivery are jacking up the delivery fee with third party apps to dissuade you from using those. Understandably they'd prefer you order direct. 

Whenever I see restaurants with crazy high delivery fees, I just assume they don't really want to fuck with third party delivery folks. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Can't you order Pluckers for delivery online directly from their website? I think what we're seeing happen here is that restaurants who offer their own delivery are jacking up the delivery fee with third party apps to dissuade you from using those. Understandably they'd prefer you order direct. 

Whenever I see restaurants with crazy high delivery fees, I just assume they don't really want to fuck with third party delivery folks. 

I don’t see Pluckers having delivery, but from what I’ve been told the ‘high’ delivery fee means Pluckers isn’t subsidizing the fee for the customer, because they don’t need the business.

10 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Why should the cost of the food and of the delivery be connected? They are two completely different things. And what does the cost have to do whether it is convenient or not? Usually I expect to pay more for convenience and how much depends a lot on the situation and much less on what I feel like paying.

The amount I feel like paying depends on how difficult it would be to it myself and what I’m getting for it.  Dinner delivery allows me to spend more time with my kids instead of cooking/cleaning or picking up myself.  That service is worth $10 to me easy.  Is it worth $20, not normally, now if the wife is not home and I’m a single father then maybe, but I doubt I’d pay $30 for 5 wings and some fries.

That’s the point. It’s not worth their time either to deliver 5 wings. 

They could just set a minimum, but if someone is willing to pay for the premium so what. 

Doordash mistakenly delivered a Torchys order to my door Super Bowl Night. It was 1 trailer park. 1 queso. Don’t remember the bill but some people get high enough, and will pay what the market demands. 

• Hook 'Em 2