2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

15 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Smith-Njigba. 

That would certainly make us all blow our wads but Nahlin specifically responded to a question asking if the 'other' portal player was also from Ohio St and said no. Could be misdirection but that seems kind of pointless when he could have simply chosen to leave the question unanswered. 

I'm still hoping the WR is Demas just for the memes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

That would certainly make us all blow our wads but Nahlin specifically responded to a question asking if the 'other' portal player was also from Ohio St and said no. Could be misdirection but that seems kind of pointless when he could have simply chosen to leave the question unanswered. 

Except Demas hasn't done shit. While it would be hilarious because fuck aggy, he's not necessarily plug-and-play.

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There’s a WR that is known to be seriously considering the portal and this board would blow its wad over. That’s been a possibility for a lot longer than the Watts stuff that popped up. Watts was who Gerry was referencing the past few days. 

You get Watts, you might get Brooks, you might care as much about Harris or losing Crawford. I’m interested to see if they keep Coombs. Seems like he’s gone to me. 

Coombs is gone.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Not JSN as far as I know. I don’t know the name, so take that fwiw as always. I know it isn’t Boutte. It’s a player from Texas that Herman’s band of idiots ignored or turned their nose up at, if you want to take a look. 

@HenryJames thinks it’s Demas. 

I mean that's pretty much JSN though. Didn't Mehringer pass on him? 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not JSN as far as I know. I don’t know the name, so take that fwiw as always. I know it isn’t Boutte. It’s a player from Texas that Herman’s band of idiots ignored or turned their nose up at, if you want to take a look. 

nm 

Edited by FunkSoulBrother

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@FunkSoulBrother

Mims would fit most of those criteria. Recently leaning towards staying per the OU 9.95ers.

Wease wasn't fast to begin with, and now has had a couple of injuries. Unless he makes an impressive recovery, I don't really care if he stays at OU.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I mean that's pretty much JSN though. Didn't Mehringer pass on him? 

Mims also fits that description. It's 99% likely that it's not him, but that would be...

naked orgasm GIF

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Mims also fits that description. It's 99% likely that it's not him, but that would be...

I had to delete the gif because I couldn't type while it was playing.

Mims would be hated worse than Riley if he transferred to UT. Apparently less likely that he's leaving, right now.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Well, technically he's from Texas and attends Ohio State.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

2 hour double post? You already in Paris?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know there was the little report that surfaced about Mims, but that seems to have died down as far as anyone can tell. I would also promptly lose my shit over him. Why we havent sent hookers and blow to Boutte yet is a mystery. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think we actually recruited him fairly hard, but assuming the $9.95ers are doing their typical overhyping about just how mind-blowing the guy would actually be, any chance it’s Elijah Higgins?  Austin kid whose recruitment Herman/Mehringer borked along with Garrett Wilson that year.

https://247sports.com/player/elijah-higgins-46040146/

yeah.. i remember him but he wouldn't be the cause for excitement the way the teaser was set earlier

34 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think we actually recruited him fairly hard, but assuming the $9.95ers are doing their typical overhyping about just how mind-blowing the guy would actually be, any chance it’s Elijah Higgins?  Austin kid whose recruitment Herman/Mehringer borked along with Garrett Wilson that year.

https://247sports.com/player/elijah-higgins-46040146/

Meh.

19 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Barron looks good at CB.. I still worry about Jamison.. he gets beat a lot downfield, and I'm sure he still is penciled at #1

Fuck no….I’m sure Sark seen what we seen. For a multi year upperclassman starter we could have put a freshman out there for Jamison at times. To me it seems he’s more focused on KR and PR. No one should be penciled in as a starter on defense imo..

Make them work shit. If Crawford and Barron are the two best CB’s they should start if Jamison comes in with his mind right and wins the job I’m all for it, but fuck that, he’s “experience” crap, we got beat with a lot of experience last year, the best player needs to play . . . 

PERIOD 

p,s I hope they get Watts, competition breeds excellence and I believe that. . If I see you balling it should make me ball and that much better, if it doesn’t, your not a competitor and we don’t need them. 

Edited by D3zii
  • Like 1

TFB:

Spoiler

Another Portal Player to Watch
By: Super K
Posted on: December 11, 2021
***Earlier in the week, I mentioned that Texas has a lot of portal work behind scenes and are keeping their ear to the ground for potential movers.

***As we noted yesterday, Ryan Watts was one of those guys we’d been hearing about.

***I recently heard that Texas has their eye on another player (who is already in the portal). They’re looking to add a couple of offensive linemen and Wisconsin center, Kayden Lyles was mentioned as someone Texas is interested in.

***I was hearing rumors of a visit but we’ve been unable to confirm it either way just yet.

Edited by nycHorn

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)