2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

From Louisiana and was committed to LSU at one point during his recruitment. And from my casual observation of transfer portaling, particularly as an underclassman, heading to a program back in the home state seems like a common narrative.

Would be interested to see data analysis on that kind of stuff - e.g., statistically significant correlation between home state, schools to which a commitment was made during original process (but later broken) and experience level (e.g., freshman/sophomore; junior; graduates). By-position could also be insightful. QB is obvious, their transfer destination is more location-agnostic and based almost entirely on ability to start immediately, but might be able to glean something on other position groups. For example, my observation is that OL tend to value "playing school," transfer as junior or grad and end up at a P5 university with decent to good academics.  

• Like 1

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

Genuine question, was Adimora expected to portal? Obviously BJ was. Know Chris had his struggles but he flashed at points and expected he would likely have a starting role next year. Bigger loss of the two if just purely for depth. 

Makes you thin that they already know of a safety or two they are targeting for transfer and told Fosters to kick rocks and Adimora to shape up or ship out

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Dear Sark,

Make sure this guy is not allowed to come back. He has raised our hopes before by entering the portal only to let us down and stay.

Sincerely,

Longhorn Fan

P.S. Sark if you would have taken the time to watch Foster's freshman tape it would have not taken you till the last half of the last game to know there was lack of effort.

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Genuine question, was Adimora expected to portal? Obviously BJ was. Know Chris had his struggles but he flashed at points and expected he would likely have a starting role next year. Bigger loss of the two if just purely for depth. 

Considering how little he played this year - that seemed doubtful.  That's likely why he is portaling - I don't think the staff values him like Ash did.

3 minutes ago, speed817 said:

It was downhill for B.J. after this play.....

Foster might have been a player back in the 80’s when hits like that made you a force to be reckoned with by DB’s going over the middle instead of getting you tossed from the game. Maybe not even then because he became more and more of a liability even as a run-stuffing box safety.  Hated to see the way he declined over his 4 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I had a buddy say he ran into Adimora after a game early in the season, and he said Adimora was pretty open about his frustration about lack of playing time. He was venting to strangers, he’s been ready to go for a while.

Even with that said though, he never dogged it the way BJ did.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s pretty clear BJ and Adimora had to go, but there better be plan B’s because Schooner Tuna wasn’t a great plan B this year. 

Is schooler not on his 4th year? He has 6 years worth of stats, and assuming 1 is a RS. Is there a covid year left?

image.png.2ace88c605d57a55995c0c97e30e8ec9.png

I believe the answer to your question is Bryan Allen Jr. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

We've had a long stretch of years where DBs flash (or even shine consistently) as underclassman only for them to regress in their later years. Sterns is another one beyond these two that come to mind. Looking forward to flipping that script. 

Jerrin Thompson kind of did that too. I thought he did some good things his freshman season and was trending towards being a really good player. This season, he didn't suck out loud like Foster, but he just didn't make any kind of impact at all.

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s pretty clear BJ and Adimora had to go, but there better be plan B’s because Schooner Tuna wasn’t a great plan B this year. 

What are you talking about? Schooler led the team in tackling other longhorns. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, speed817 said:

It was downhill for B.J. after this play.....

I would contend that this was his whole problem. He lowers his head and shoulders and makes no attempt to wrap up. He was always looking to hit and not tackle. It worked early in his career but after all the injuries he never adjusted.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 3

Serious question, where do we think he ends up?  I have doubts as to even his base level athleticism, much less football IQ and mental toughness.

When the career fan highlight is a teed up hit on a wr that didn't even result in a turnover, rather a penalty and an ejection... That's just a sad sad career at a school like Texas.  I'm glad no one is masochistic enough yet to make a career lowlights vid because that sucker would be at least a half hour long

Serious question, where do we think he ends up?  I have doubts as to even his base level athleticism, much less football IQ and mental toughness.

When the career fan highlight is a teed up hit on a wr that didn't even result in a turnover, rather a penalty and an ejection... That's just a sad sad career at a school like Texas.  I'm glad no one is masochistic enough yet to make a career lowlights vid because that sucker would be at least a half hour long

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

BF Foster is our Leon Oneil minus the personal development. 

• Haha 1

Cook has already announced he is coming back along with Overshown, Jamison, and Coburn.

Schooler completed his super senior year. He is also done.

Texas has 2 safeties currently on campus in Thompson and Coffey, but there are rumors that Whittington may move there, and Cook could also move there. Then there is the 2022 class with Allen, Jordan, and Guilbeau. Allen is definitely a safety while Jordan and Guilbeau likely play there or NB.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Cook has already announced he is coming back along with Overshown, Jamison, and Coburn.

Texas has 2 safeties currently on campus in Thompson and Coffey, but there are rumors that Whittington may move there, and Cook could also move there. Then there is the 2022 class with Allen, Jordan, and Guilbeau. Allen is definitely a safety while Jordan and Guilbeau likely play there or NB.

Ian Boyd fantasy articles don’t count as rumors 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

lol Whittington is not moving to safety
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, stop listening to Ian Boyd. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)