Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

SIAP

All that talk of cultural fit just tossed in the trash overnight for a few million bucks that would be eaten up by travel, and to escape big bad Texas again. 

and I’m sure the big desperately wants a single far flung problem child backwater school as if it needs some Texas footprint for carriage or rights power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Sankey is rumored to be staying low-key on the possibility of fla st and Clemson. Buyout is an issue but sec is swinging for the fences.

(Probably)

Clemson doesn’t move the needle at all. South Carolina is just too damn small. Not thrilled with 18, but I could live with Florida State and UNC. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All that talk of cultural fit just tossed in the trash overnight for a few million bucks that would be eaten up by travel, and to escape big bad Texas again. 

and I’m sure the big desperately wants a single far flung problem child backwater school as if it needs some Texas footprint for carriage or rights power. 

The charade of "we would have won the last 12 in a row," is coming home to roost. There is a reason they don't want to play Texas every year, and have "bigger fish to fry." They call that condition a micropenis.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Ever since this thread merged with other schools, there’s been fewer and fewer Texags screenshots… It’s a real shame.

I’m like a junkie in withdrawal.

LHF has a bunch queued up, I've just been up at Lake Gaston the past week.

• Like 1

It's hilarious to watch their fairytales evolve over time. It was 60/40, no 70/30, no 80/20. Soon they'll be saying that we demanded they pay us to be part of it.

And funny that the OP, a longtime TA poster acts like he's never heard about it before. They threw a wall-eyed fit over it. And then used it as their primary claim of why they needed to leave the Big12, even though it came out at the time that they had been in talks with the SEC behind everyone's back for over a year ahead of time.

So Texas was supposed to work for years building up the relationships, and getting the foundations off the ground for developing a network, and just give away one-half of the revenue to the junior partner who did nothing to establish the business or get the financing in order?   Only an aggy runs a business like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Ever since this thread merged with other schools, there’s been fewer and fewer Texags screenshots… It’s a real shame.

I’m like a junkie in withdrawal.

3 hours ago, mantis toboggan said:

It was a terrible decision 

Totally fucked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus fucking christ.

image.thumb.png.87c6d1289ab5726d53cd7f55ed228d2d.png

Lol, Texas killed the SWC in the 90's becuase we were developing the Longhorn Network, which didn't debut until more than a decade later, becuase we wanted the Social Media revenue. The "social media" that was invented in the early 2000s, also more than a decade after the SWC broke up.

I have to say, this might actually be the dumbest thing I've ever seen written by an Aggie, ever, and we all know that is a substantial fucking list. I wish Texas were that prescienct, we could have sunk the entire permanent university fund into Apple stock when it was a dollar in 1997 or so, right after we apparently blew up the Southwest Conference. 

Holy shit that is dumb. 

That's a pretty bold claim. Not sure I'd feel comfortable ever saying something an aggy wrote was the dumbest thing ever written by an aggy. aggy is an infinite well of stupidity.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

That's a pretty bold claim. Not sure I'd feel comfortable ever saying something an aggy wrote was the dumbest thing ever written by an aggy. aggy is an infinite well of stupidity.

I mean, I literally said it was a substantial list, man. They may be an infinite well of stupidity, but that doesn't mean everything that comes out of their ewe-ticklers is equally stupid. Sometimes they just say things like "What's your current car deductable at?" and "What's a Nubian?" and "Do you want fries with that?" Then you have things like "Texas broke up the SWC in the mid-90's becuase they wanted Social Media dollars" and "The United States acquired Florida in the 1820's from the Spanish because they knew it Cape Canaveral would be the perfect place to build the Kennedy Space Center."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

So Texas was supposed to work for years building up the relationships, and getting the foundations off the ground for developing a network, and just give away one-half of the revenue to the junior partner who did nothing to establish the business or get the financing in order?   Only an aggy runs a business like that. 

Godfather quote:  "Why come to me, why do I deserve this generosity?"  Would someone mind pasting the appropriate clip?  

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Apparently, aggy never read The Little Red Hen….children’s story.

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread