Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, nnm said:

This firing is a positive, ya durn sips!  It proves that good ol TAMU is one of the big boys. 
This is truly mind bottling. Surely it’s parody, right?
IMG_2179.thumb.jpeg.e8143e62e6808f48d1e801a372bfc44a.jpeg

2023/24 "most-committed program" national champs! add that to the trophy case next to the 2022 "best recruiting class in history" trophy! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Bjork presser is a must watch. My wife remarked at least a dozen times that this guy looks insane and she has no idea who he is.

My first impression of Bjork today gave me Tom Herman vibes. He has that "I'm smarter than you" arrogance to his demeanor even though he has no idea what he's doing. 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sorry, someone wrote their AD a 160 million dollar check?

Other way around.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-donation-check-jimbo-fisher-final-game/

The athletic department certainly isn’t hurting for money. In fact, just before firing Fisher, AD Ross Bjork presented a $160 million donation check to the 12th Man.

College football followers immediately commented on the timing of that presentation.

“The timing of this check presentation was a boss move.”

“That’s the literal money for a coaching payout and hire I’m so dead.”

“My boys and I were watching the whole time thinking ‘There’s Jimbo’s buyout.'”

“Bjork, the king of in game presentations.”

“When they showed this check during one of the media timeouts, I knew it was Jimbover.”

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Other way around.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-donation-check-jimbo-fisher-final-game/

The athletic department certainly isn’t hurting for money. In fact, just before firing Fisher, AD Ross Bjork presented a $160 million donation check to the 12th Man.

College football followers immediately commented on the timing of that presentation.

“The timing of this check presentation was a boss move.”

“That’s the literal money for a coaching payout and hire I’m so dead.”

“My boys and I were watching the whole time thinking ‘There’s Jimbo’s buyout.'”

“Bjork, the king of in game presentations.”

“When they showed this check during one of the media timeouts, I knew it was Jimbover.”

I realize check writing isn’t as prolific as it once was… but you may still want to learn how checks work. Mostly the “To” and “From” lines. Just in case there comes a day that you think you’re “receiving” a check for 1 million dollars

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

Is it just me, or is this kind of vulgar?

image.png.c3075c90e7166920fe9a434a90a09d53.png

They have to believe they're the richest school and they can't be anything or imagine themselves as being anything without crowing about it. I suppose I shouldn't begrudge them; they have so little to celebrate in actual competition or even as human beings. (I'm mainly talking TexAgs Aggies.)

We've got facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities, fan support second to none, all the money and resources in the world, and a huge student body! And don't forget our fake army, fake honor code, and manly manfulness!

The growing number of 2%ers must really do a lot of cringing. Stick with it, guys. A&M brought you in to spread Agginess, but they've fucked that up like everything else. You're going to make them less Aggie and more tolerable. Fight on!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Stinkpalm said:

I realize check writing isn’t as prolific as it once was… but you may still want to learn how checks work. Mostly the “To” and “From” lines. Just in case there comes a day that you think you’re “receiving” a check for 1 million dollars

Yeah I haven’t written a check in years but that’s clearly a check from the 12th man to the athletic department 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Bjork presser is a must watch. My wife remarked at least a dozen times that this guy looks insane and she has no idea who he is.

Anybody else notice he flicks the air with his tongue like a snake? It’s one the strangest mannerisms I’ve ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone else feel like naming Robinson as interim is a major hint that their priority is keeping their DL intact, and that his continued employment as DL coach or maybe even DC will be a condition of HC employment?

and also that petrino is gone after one year?  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone else feel like naming Robinson as interim is a major hint that their priority is keeping their DL intact, and that his continued employment as DL coach or maybe even DC will be a condition of HC employment?

Yes definitely. He's the rainmaker on that staff...along with bags, lots of bags. 

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Bjork is in charge. He gave the scoop to his guy Looch. Brent Z, Sharp’s guy, hasn’t said shit all day. 

So the 12th Man cuts a check to the Athletic Department, who makes/endorses the decision to fire Jimbo, and they tell the BOR this is how the cow ate the cabbage?  

Can a 501 (c) make a charitable donation to a for-profit related entity (Athletic Department)?

They apparently fired Jimbo without line of sight on a replacement. Saw some comments here about the contentious BOR meeting re: fire/keep Jimbo. Any thoughts?

Where is (Not so) Sharp in all of this?

Did they learn something from leaking info through the mouthpiece at the Chronicle instead of from the Athletic Department?

As I posted in the aggy 2024 looch 44 thread, I don't think they just had $160M laying around. It appears to be from their Centennial Campaign which had raised $120M in April (link below). I'm thinking this $160M is that campaign and it was coincidental that check ceremony and Jimbos firing happened in the same weekend. They are not playing 4D chess with this shit. 

https://12thman.com/news/2023/4/25/12th-man-foundations-centennial-campaign-surpasses-120-million-fundraising-goal.aspx

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas – One year from the day of its public launch, the 12th Man Foundation and Texas A&M Athletics proudly announce the successful completion of the $120 million Centennial Campaign.

Officially introduced during the 100-year anniversary of the iconic 12th Man tradition, the Centennial Campaign is a success thanks to the support of 12th Man Foundation donors who are helping propel Texas A&M Athletics into a new era of excellence.

“Our mission is to create opportunities through championship athletics, and the Centennial Campaign will have a profound impact on our ability to fulfill that mission for our student-athletes,” said Texas A&M Director of Athletics Ross Bjork. “To everyone who made this campaign a success, I cannot say thank you enough.”

More than 350 supporters joined lead gift donors April & Jay Graham ’92, Adam Sinn ’00, Dave Coolidge ’87 and Wayne Roberts ’85 to make the Centennial Campaign a resounding success. The $120 million donated directly to the campaign represents the largest fundraising initiative in the 12th Man Foundation’s history outside of the redevelopment of Kyle Field.

“The success of the Centennial Campaign is a testament to the unrivaled commitment of Aggies who, in the spirit of E. King Gill, continue to step up when called upon to support Texas A&M Athletics,” said 12th Man Foundation President Travis Dabney ’96. “They are leaving their own legacy with their generous investment in this campaign.” 

The Centennial Campaign features the construction of the Adam C. Sinn ’00 Academic & Wellness Center, Coolidge Football Performance Center and a new indoor track stadium as well as the redevelopment of the Bright-Slocum Center for Texas A&M Football. The redeveloped area south of Kyle Field will become Graham Athletic Complex.

“We are proud to do our part to make a difference in the lives of Aggie student-athletes through our support of the Centennial Campaign,” said Jay Graham. “Every donation received in support of the Centennial Campaign has made this a successful campaign, and we couldn’t be more excited for Texas A&M’s future.”

Construction of each Centennial Campaign project is currently in progress with the Coolidge Football Performance Center expected to be the first facility completed this fall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TheRRKid said:

Yeah I haven’t written a check in years but that’s clearly a check from the 12th man to the athletic department 

Also, why would the AD, the department who spends the money on facilities/salaries/travel, etc, be giving money to the foundation whose purpose is to raise the money for the AD?

Man ... Roach gonna Roach.

Task No. 1 for Jimbo Fisher's replacement is mending any hurt Lone Star State feelings

Mike Roach (Aggie 247)

Excerpt:

Another was Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher, who no-showed the event. 

That move was not well received by the association. One high-ranking member of the group suggested they leave Fisher’s chair at the panel empty so those in attendance would see it. The consensus at that event was that right or wrong, Fisher didn’t place much emphasis on building relationships with high school coaches in the state that provided his recruiting base. One prominent high school head coach who had previously sent players to Texas A&M described Fisher as a “used car salesman" in a conversation with 247Sports. 

Spoiler

Task No. 1 for Jimbo Fisher's replacement is mending any hurt Lone Star State feelings

Mike Roach (Aggie 247)

High school football coaches in the state of Texas are famously proud and nothing speaks to that quite like the annual the Texas High School Coaches Association Convention, which this summer saw 16,000 coaches call on Houston. From the FBS level to the Division-III collegiate level, nearly every head coach in the state attended. One exception was Baylor's Dave Aranda, who was dealing with the recent death of his father. Another was Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher, who no-showed the event. 

That move was not well received by the association. One high-ranking member of the group suggested they leave Fisher’s chair at the panel empty so those in attendance would see it. The consensus at that event was that right or wrong, Fisher didn’t place much emphasis on building relationships with high school coaches in the state that provided his recruiting base. One prominent high school head coach who had previously sent players to Texas A&M described Fisher as a “used car salesman" in a conversation with 247Sports. 

Instead of Fisher, the Aggies sent assistant coach Elijah Robinson. That move drips of irony following Sunday's news that Texas A&M ripped its $76 million band-aid off on Sunday, deciding to move on from Fisher and tabbing Robinson with the incredibly difficult task of keeping not only its 2024 recruiting class together but managing a situation that could see the Aggies' most talented players enter the transfer portal, which they're now free to do. 

It's safe to say there’s a lot of confusion within the Texas A&M class. Several current commits 247Sports spoke with Sunday were in disbelief and declined to comment when asked for their reaction of the news. Just one day after Texas A&M beat Mississippi State 51-10 at home, the timing shocked many.

“I have nothing to say,” offensive line commit Coen Echols said. “It’s not the best news to wake up with.”

The timing is curious. While nobody would have batted an eye had the Texas A&M brass moved on Fisher after the season, but why move your current coach during the season unless there is a replacement ready to go? Whether the replacement is one of the rumored candidates like Jeff Traylor, Dan Lanning or Mike Elko, the Texas A&M brand will need some repairing in the state of Texas.

Though Fisher was still regularly landing top-end talent from the state, he was rubbing influential people in the state wrong each year. Under Fisher, Texas A&M expanded their national recruiting footprint and became an impressive presence in several recruiting hotbeds across the nation. That move was smart and it infused the Texas A&M roster with high-end talent: In the five cycles prior to this year, Fisher finished in the Top 10 in each one, including a No. 1 overall finish in the 2022 cycle that rated as the best in the modern recruiting era. Though it’s no longer necessary to only depend on the state of Texas for recruiting, coaches across the state felt that Texas A&M lost a bit of the personal touch. 

A quick turnaround in the state isn’t out of the question. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian found himself in the same position when he took over for Tom Herman, who had soured many coaches on the Longhorns. Key hires like Jeff Banks and Chris Gilbert, who served as Sarkisian’s first Director of High School Relations, helped to heal those wounds quickly.

No level of talent acquisition matters if there isn’t development. In the end, the lack of development and the stubborn dedication to an outdated offense were the biggest causes of Fisher’s undoing. His staff hires were most curious. After losing offensive line coach Josh Henson to USC and defensive coordinator Mike Elko to Duke, he replaced them with Steve Addazio and DJ Durkin.

Durkin drew some criticism on the field, but he received mostly good reviews as a recruiter. Addazio was another story. Some prospects and their families openly questioned whether Addazio even wanted to recruit them. The lack of development on the offensive line played a large role in A&M’s stagnation on offense and a string of quarterback injuries. The 2023 arrival of offensive wizard Bobby Petrino certainly helped, but in hindsight it might have been too little, too late, while the September injury of promising sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman might have been the nail in Fisher's coffin. 

Still, the Texas A&M program has a lot going for it. Their resources are among the nation’s elite, and they feature a truly unique gameday environment at Kyle Field. Fisher and Kevin Sumlin showed at times what the potential could be, but inconsistency was the biggest roadblock to success.

The Texas A&M brass hasn’t been afraid to swing for the fences when it comes to facilities, coaching hires and conference realignment and Fisher showed that elite talent will come to College Station in droves. With the right hire, there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to compete with the nation’s elite.

• Haha 4

I’d love to see dabo at aggy.  It could work for them, but my money is on them going 9-3 or 8-4 over and over and cementing aggy as a place where no coach can win big. 

and it would presumably cost them at least what he’s making now, and probably more.  And why wouldn’t he demand a guaranteed deal?

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Man ... Roach gonna Roach.

Mike Roach (Aggie 247)

Excerpt:

Another was Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher, who no-showed the event. 

Hide contents

Mike Roach (Aggie 247)

High school football coaches in the state of Texas are famously proud and nothing speaks to that quite like the annual the Texas High School Coaches Association Convention, which this summer saw 16,000 coaches call on Houston. From the FBS level to the Division-III collegiate level, nearly every head coach in the state attended. One exception was Baylor's Dave Aranda, who was dealing with the recent death of his father. Another was Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher, who no-showed the event. 

Instead of Fisher, the Aggies sent assistant coach Elijah Robinson. That move drips of irony following Sunday's news that Texas A&M ripped its $76 million band-aid off on Sunday, deciding to move on from Fisher and tabbing Robinson with the incredibly difficult task of keeping not only its 2024 recruiting class together but managing a situation that could see the Aggies' most talented players enter the transfer portal, which they're now free to do. 

It's safe to say there’s a lot of confusion within the Texas A&M class. Several current commits 247Sports spoke with Sunday were in disbelief and declined to comment when asked for their reaction of the news. Just one day after Texas A&M beat Mississippi State 51-10 at home, the timing shocked many.

“I have nothing to say,” offensive line commit Coen Echols said. “It’s not the best news to wake up with.”

The timing is curious. While nobody would have batted an eye had the Texas A&M brass moved on Fisher after the season, but why move your current coach during the season unless there is a replacement ready to go? Whether the replacement is one of the rumored candidates like Jeff Traylor, Dan Lanning or Mike Elko, the Texas A&M brand will need some repairing in the state of Texas.

Though Fisher was still regularly landing top-end talent from the state, he was rubbing influential people in the state wrong each year. Under Fisher, Texas A&M expanded their national recruiting footprint and became an impressive presence in several recruiting hotbeds across the nation. That move was smart and it infused the Texas A&M roster with high-end talent: In the five cycles prior to this year, Fisher finished in the Top 10 in each one, including a No. 1 overall finish in the 2022 cycle that rated as the best in the modern recruiting era. Though it’s no longer necessary to only depend on the state of Texas for recruiting, coaches across the state felt that Texas A&M lost a bit of the personal touch. 

A quick turnaround in the state isn’t out of the question. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian found himself in the same position when he took over for Tom Herman, who had soured many coaches on the Longhorns. Key hires like Jeff Banks and Chris Gilbert, who served as Sarkisian’s first Director of High School Relations, helped to heal those wounds quickly.

No level of talent acquisition matters if there isn’t development. In the end, the lack of development and the stubborn dedication to an outdated offense were the biggest causes of Fisher’s undoing. His staff hires were most curious. After losing offensive line coach Josh Henson to USC and defensive coordinator Mike Elko to Duke, he replaced them with Steve Addazio and DJ Durkin.

Durkin drew some criticism on the field, but he received mostly good reviews as a recruiter. Addazio was another story. Some prospects and their families openly questioned whether Addazio even wanted to recruit them. The lack of development on the offensive line played a large role in A&M’s stagnation on offense and a string of quarterback injuries. The 2023 arrival of offensive wizard Bobby Petrino certainly helped, but in hindsight it might have been too little, too late, while the September injury of promising sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman might have been the nail in Fisher's coffin. 

Still, the Texas A&M program has a lot going for it. Their resources are among the nation’s elite, and they feature a truly unique gameday environment at Kyle Field. Fisher and Kevin Sumlin showed at times what the potential could be, but inconsistency was the biggest roadblock to success.

The Texas A&M brass hasn’t been afraid to swing for the fences when it comes to facilities, coaching hires and conference realignment and Fisher showed that elite talent will come to College Station in droves. With the right hire, there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to compete with the nation’s elite.

One high-ranking member of the group suggested they leave Fisher’s chair at the panel empty so those in attendance would see it

that's got to be John King

One prominent high school head coach who had previously sent players to Texas A&M described Fisher as a “used car salesman" in a conversation with 247Sports. 

no, THAT'S got to be John King

spoiler alert

Spoiler

they are all John King and the stories about Jimbo and TXHSFB coaches are going to get a lot worse before they get any better

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

So the 12th Man cuts a check to the Athletic Department, who makes/endorses the decision to fire Jimbo, and they tell the BOR this is how the cow ate the cabbage?  

Can a 501 (c) make a charitable donation to a for-profit related entity (Athletic Department)?

They apparently fired Jimbo without line of sight on a replacement. Saw some comments here about the contentious BOR meeting re: fire/keep Jimbo. Any thoughts?

Where is (Not so) Sharp in all of this?

Did they learn something from leaking info through the mouthpiece at the Chronicle instead of from the Athletic Department?

I think there was a fight behind the scenes. I think Sharp wanted to play out the string. Brent Z wrote a column on November 7th that stated Jimbo would be back in 2024.

I think Bjork is trying to save his job, so he threw in with the anti-Jimbo crowd. Bjork leaked to Looch. I don’t think the leak was a trial balloon, it was already decided, but it was the death knell to kill any remaining Jimbo momentum/support. 

• Hook 'Em 2