Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I love that so many of them still haven't made the connection between their lack of depth at pretty much every position and Jimbo's recruiting.

They still parrot what a great recruiter he has been since he arrived but they have gaping holes everywhere on their roster.

So you’re saying Candi is all over this roster too?

• Hook 'Em 1

What is the standard aggy spin for how it wasn't Jimbo's fault that FSU's offense collapsed during his final season (59th OFEI ranking in 2017, 97th in 2018)?  He left FSU in about as good of shape as Mack left Texas following his departure, although another school wasn't dumb enough to drop Mack a bag on his way out the door simply because he won a "natty."

Jimbo seems like he can recruit but he's no longer capable of managing an offense.  What they should do is have Jimbo take a step back and find an up-and-comer to manage the offense for him with their own system.  i.e., find a Lincoln Riley, a Kendal Briles, etc. to give the offense an identity and bring it out of the stone age.  

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

What they should do is have Jimbo take a step back and find an up-and-comer to manage the offense for him with their own system.  

1. Jimbo is as stubborn and arrogant as any coach still employed.

2. They have ZERO negotiating power to make him "take a step back" because they gave him the worst contract in the history of contracts.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

The aggy rollercoaster crash week is quickly becoming a top national holiday of mine.  Up there with Thanksgiving and Spring Break.

It's all that made the Charlie Strong years tolerable. It has only gotten more delicious over time.

They're more delusional than ever, and they've always been delusional.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

What is the standard aggy spin for how it wasn't Jimbo's fault that FSU's offense collapsed during his final season (59th OFEI ranking in 2017, 97th in 2018)?  He left FSU in about as good of shape as Mack left Texas following his departure, although another school wasn't dumb enough to drop Mack a bag on his way out the door simply because he won a "natty."

Jimbo seems like he can recruit but he's no longer capable of managing an offense.  What they should do is have Jimbo take a step back and find an up-and-comer to manage the offense for him with their own system.  i.e., find a Lincoln Riley, a Kendal Briles, etc. to give the offense an identity and bring it out of the stone age.  

I think that is the thing hitting aggy right now that Jimbo's offense has been left so far in the dust by every other program. There is also no incentive for the stubborn old Jimbo to change anything and either give up the OC reigns or modernize his system. I don't think he realizes it doesn't work anymore.  It's just a matter of time before recruits decide they don't want to play in his system.

I think Miss St has 50/50 change to beat them this week, Alabama of course will beat them... and then I think MIzzou's offense if well suited to beat them as well.  October should be a great month for the aggy trail of tears.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I think that is the thing hitting aggy right now that Jimbo's offense has been left so far in the dust by every other program. There is also no incentive for the stubborn old Jimbo to change anything and either give up the OC reigns or modernize his system. I don't think he realizes it doesn't work anymore.  It's just a matter of time before recruits decide they don't want to play in his system.

I think Miss St has 50/50 change to beat them this week, Alabama of course will beat them... and then I think MIzzou's offense if well suited to beat them as well.  October should be a great month for the aggy trail of tears.

They will absolutely lose to Bama and Miss. Auburn, MSU, LSU, and Mizzou are all losable games. I am betting they drop at least one of those. That will put aggy at a 4 loss season, which is honestly their historical norm. That poor fanbase acts surprised by this every year. But, leave it to Jimbo to beat LSU in the final game of the season with Haynes King back in the fold to get the roller coaster of "NEXT YEAR!" back on the clickity clack track. 

31 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

the concept of Jimbo as some elite offensive mind is hilarious when you review his OFEI Rankings last few years

Overall Avg: 29

FSU Avg: 28.375

A&M Avg: 30.25 - a 10 > 31 > 21 > 59 trend isn't good.

• Spoiler
    • 2010: 18
    • 11: 58
    • 12: 31
    • 13: 1
    • 14: 20
    • 15: 28
    • 16: 12
    • 17: 59
    • 18: 10
    • 19: 31
    • 20: 21
    • 21 YTD: 59

Compare that to someone like Lincoln Riley whose OFEI avg rank as an OC/HC is something around 7.x I think?

re: bringing in some up and coming coach - they literally did the exact opposite of this hilariously. Darrell Dickey, who has been a coach for 35 years and whose last P5 coordinator experience was at LSU in 1991 as a TE coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They will absolutely lose to Bama and Miss. Auburn, MSU, LSU, and Mizzou are all losable games. I am betting they drop at least one of those. That will put aggy at a 4 loss season, which is honestly their historical norm. That poor fanbase acts surprised by this every year. But, leave it to Jimbo to beat LSU in the final game of the season with Haynes King back in the fold to get the roller coaster of "NEXT YEAR!" back on the clickity clack track. 

Agreed, they've already moved on from King... it's wait till Weigman gets on campus... Next Year going to be it

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Will we be matched up in the Sugar Bowl?

Hide contents

FAQ5l_QWEAAsmCM?format=jpg&name=mediumFAQ5moQXsAALyrG?format=jpg&name=mediumFAQ5nOGXoAATsAG?format=jpg&name=mediumFAQ5nqbVIA4kP1p?format=jpg&name=medium

Yea, this got me, too:

image.png.f66d87717c52dc6e006af33d7f029b9a.png

The Sugar Bowl or even a lesser bowl?

You see, Jimbo knows how to win a natty. After last year, the Aggie Destiny is to pretty much be in the playoff for the natty every year. Any monkey with eyesight can see that.

For such a national power, going to the Sugar Bowl is a pretty huge disappointment. I mean, they might have to play a bunch of scrubs like the tu Longhorns there. Jimbo doesn't like to slum.

In the unimaginable disaster that the Sugar Bowl is too hateful of the Aggies and controlled by ebil tu to invite the Aggies no matter their record, the Aggies might be forced to an even lesser bowl. GADZOOKS!

Jimbo knows only how to win or play for natties. The Aggies will likely have to give him another raise for letting him down this season.

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Reasonable post. 

Another way to look at it is how much effort would you want to put in for your guaranteed $9MM per? If you look up and find that you will not be playing for championships and everybody is going to doubt you anyway, why not turn the offense over to an OC who can take the heat for fucking up your sitting-national-championship-winner ass?

Hire an OC, and you can go back to being Liucci's GodCoach. You can coast for years being a CEO. Spend more time murdering rare animals in Africa. Maybe visit Ma at the swell new pre-fab you got her. Even take a dip in her above ground pool.

If there is no real achievement to play for (and there isn't for Aggies), why play hard?

Jimbo got hisself an OC. He still brilliant! He got rid of that humbris! Trust in Jimbo.

Jimbo should have a friend send him a letter with a Louisiana postmark to his office then just wait for John "Really" Sharp to come running to make it a cool $10MM per.

There's no way LSU really wants him anymore.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread