Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

Billy Liucci reacts to Saban's 'ridiculous' accusations against A&M
By Billy Liucci

Nick Saban poured gasoline on the Texas A&M-Alabama rivalry last night, claiming that the Aggies "bought" their entire recruiting class while the Tide didn't pay a single player. TexAgs' co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci offered his thoughts on Saban's "ridiculous" claims.

Key notes from Billy Liucci’s response
Most around the country recognize the hypocrisy. Most see a guy who knows he only has a year or two left in this thing. He knows he’s going to retire soon. Sooner than people think. He doesn’t want to change or adapt to the times. He’s showing a little lack of class to take a story that’s made up and wildly exaggerated and fabricated.

To do that to a former colleague and friend in Jimbo Fisher, if I was Jimbo Fisher, I'd go whip his ass. The next time I saw him, I’d punch him in the face. You’re calling into question and man’s integrity and the integrity of the players.

That entire class does NOT have NIL deals. Nothing even close to that. I’ve said before that there are 11 players from that class on campus right now, and I think only one of them has an NIL deal of any significance outside of some local mom-and-pop stuff.

It was pretty disgraceful to see Saban go that route, but to be honest with you, I kind of love it from a rivalry standpoint. I hope Texas A&M brings a really good football team up to Tuscaloosa this year because if there is any type of real build-up between two highly ranked teams, that could be the game of the year in college football because of what Nick Saban did. There is bad blood there.

What Saban did probably ended any kind of friendship those two have ever had. I wouldn’t think they’d be on speaking terms after that. Then you’ve got Lane Kiffin being a clown on Twitter as well.

I think Saban did this to get at his own donor base to get them to jump in more than they are. I've said before that I think A&M donors need to step up even more on the NIL front because it's not anywhere near what you think. People around the country don’t realize that. For Saban to call out A&M and the players and the families in the class like that... Nobody has ever said that A&M isn't in the NIL game, but the accusation of buying recruits is the only reason that class was put together was pretty disgraceful on his part.

To act like Nick Saban is not one of the most notorious payers of athletes is laughable.

I do think this was calculated. I also know that Saban has coached with guys throughout this sport that know how he recruits. Jimbo Fisher has worked with him. People that have worked with him over 20 years are scattered across the country, and they all know how Saban recruits

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Billy Liucci

Nick Saban poured gasoline on the Texas A&M-Alabama rivalry last night, claiming that the Aggies "bought" their entire recruiting class while the Tide didn't pay a single player. TexAgs' co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci offered his thoughts on Saban's "ridiculous" claims.

Most around the country recognize the hypocrisy. Most see a guy who knows he only has a year or two left in this thing. He knows he’s going to retire soon. Sooner than people think. He doesn’t want to change or adapt to the times. He’s showing a little lack of class to take a story that’s made up and wildly exaggerated and fabricated.

To do that to a former colleague and friend in Jimbo Fisher, if I was Jimbo Fisher, I'd go whip his ass. The next time I saw him, I’d punch him in the face. You’re calling into question and man’s integrity and the integrity of the players.

That entire class does NOT have NIL deals. Nothing even close to that. I’ve said before that there are 11 players from that class on campus right now, and I think only one of them has an NIL deal of any significance outside of some local mom-and-pop stuff.

It was pretty disgraceful to see Saban go that route, but to be honest with you, I kind of love it from a rivalry standpoint. I hope Texas A&M brings a really good football team up to Tuscaloosa this year because if there is any type of real build-up between two highly ranked teams, that could be the game of the year in college football because of what Nick Saban did. There is bad blood there.

What Saban did probably ended any kind of friendship those two have ever had. I wouldn’t think they’d be on speaking terms after that. Then you’ve got Lane Kiffin being a clown on Twitter as well.

I think Saban did this to get at his own donor base to get them to jump in more than they are. I've said before that I think A&M donors need to step up even more on the NIL front because it's not anywhere near what you think. People around the country don’t realize that. For Saban to call out A&M and the players and the families in the class like that... Nobody has ever said that A&M isn't in the NIL game, but the accusation of buying recruits is the only reason that class was put together was pretty disgraceful on his part.

To act like Nick Saban is not one of the most notorious payers of athletes is laughable.

I do think this was calculated. I also know that Saban has coached with guys throughout this sport that know how he recruits. Jimbo Fisher has worked with him. People that have worked with him over 20 years are scattered across the country, and they all know how Saban recruits

lol confirmed by Looch straight bag

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Billy Liucci

lol can't imagine Jimbo punching Saban 

46 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Billy Liucci

Even for Liucci, this is hilariously unhinged. "The next time I saw him I'd punch him in the face" for "calling into question and man's integrity". 

Absolutely wild considering Saban didn't even accuse A&M of doing anything illegal. It's almost like Aggies don't want any more attention brought to the means by which they enticed the #1 recruiting class in history to hang out on the farm for 3-4 years. 

3 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

the Texas A&M-Alabama rivalry 

Hahahahah 🤣😂😆😂

Rivalry.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 🤣😂😆😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Billy Liucci

The intro here is absurd. Just state your opinion. This is not the Senate Foreign Affairs Chairman reacting to an invasion of Iceland or something. 

But it's not as stupid as the title: "Billy Liucci reacts to Saban's 'ridiculous' accusations against A&M By Billy Liucci"

Just knuckleheaded ridiculousness and rampant ego all around.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

I like the idea that Jimbo Fisher is one of the top recruiters in the country but also doesn't cheat.

Ignore the show cause at Florida State. Nothing to see here folks. He denies even knowing about their collective. Nothing to see here folks. He denies even knowing what his players make. Nothing to see here folks. He says they didnt pay every... any player last cycle. Nothing to see here folks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They have been begging for the bag game, they finally got the bag game, now they are saying there was no bag game when everyone outside of College Shittown knows there was a bag game. Because a coach that hasn't finished with back-to-back winning conference records in 4 years, is suddenly going to sign the best class of all time, especially one that had major staff overhaul and "forfeited" their bowl game.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_20220521-201843.jpg

This is hilarious. Our NIL deals have been very public, and everyone knows one of them is one that everyone will get a cut of. We don’t have to drop bags or illegally offer HS kids NIL deals while recruiting them. 

aggy?

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread