Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's hilarious that they think Jerry Schmidt has the team in the best shape they've ever been in.

Doesn't mean much coming from the Sumlin after dark era. While it's true they are probably in the best shape of their lives, they are still shitty.

14 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Actually, there's a really good pool in town (huge waterslides, big picnic areas, grills, room for a pit to get hauled in, and everything) for this sort of thing, which makes me curious. Were they outbid for Adamson Lagoon by some kid's birthday party? There's really no excuse for them not to have reserved the good pool in town for this sort of event -- should have been done months ago, frankly. Doesn't sound like their high dollar recruiting department can pull it's head out of it's ass long enough to take care of even the simplest, most obvious things.

Look, you stupid sip, we have 24 people on staff at texfags busting their tails 7 by 24.   If we could have we would have.   This was an ORGANIC event, not sponsored by no one, no how!   The players put this on!  They can't take any of the money we pay them to rent a commercial facility!

Our players are taking their cues from a SITTING RING BEARER.  This event was a POWER MOVE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They have a thread talking about Georgia and I shit you not some poster said.

“we have to face these guys in the championship someday” 

this has to be someone’s sock. 

Face them in the lalaland dreamworld aggy go to when they sleep maybe

8 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Their reactions will be great when we go 8-4 this year and they go 4-8, with wins over NW State, Louisiana-Monroe, Kentucky, and UAB.

i think they are solid for 7-5 but kentucky is a trap game at home, kentucky returning 19 of 22 or something redonkulous.

in dabo and satan take care of business, chad or boom could really fuck their world.

also, they have been flirting with a North Texas '86 result for years, and if any P5 is at risk for an appstate, it's groid.

So this whole Jimbo thing is kinda the Aggies last hope right?  If he can't make it work in College Station we can all pretty much agree that no one can.  No pressure... you are basically carrying all the Aggies hopes and dreams to the edge of the cliff for one last ride on the roller coaster.  When you can't make it work you will solidify for all Aggies what everyone else already knew. You might think $75M is enough... but come November you will realize that you were wrong (again).

59 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So this whole Jimbo thing is kinda the Aggies last hope right?  If he can't make it work in College Station we can all pretty much agree that no one can.  No pressure... you are basically carrying all the Aggies hopes and dreams to the edge of the cliff for one last ride on the roller coaster.  When you can't make it work you will solidify for all Aggies what everyone else already knew. You might think $75M is enough... but come November you will realize that you were wrong (again).

Aggy will never know what everyone else does. Evidence is not a factor in aggy formation of conclusions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Lets just hope they never come to the realization that a Synder, Gundy, Dantonio, Patterson, etc. that have a system and can identify kids that fit that system would be the best thing for them.  Then win 8-9 games most years and make a run at great season very 3rd-4th season.

Hudson hasn’t done squat in 3 years he says . A redshirt in 2016, then playing if not starting before an acl tear in game 2 of 2017.  Other than that, balls on accurate. He may be starting this fall as a redshirt sophomore, with 3-4 years of eligibility remaining pending a medical redshirt potential. 

Hmmm... That Dead Money guy, like most aggy, is laughably ignorant. 3 years? Hudson has been here 2, redshirted and then tore his ACL the second time he ever got on the field. Vahe, the left guard? I guess Vahe has been atrocious at that center position he doesn't play. Then he claims Layden Robinson is a better center prospect than Branson Bragg? I swear man.

Edited by NaTeWHO

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hudson hasn’t done squat in 3 years he says . A redshirt in 2016, then playing if not starting before an acl tear in game 2 of 2017.  Other than that, balls on accurate. He may be starting this fall as a redshirt sophomore, with 3-4 years of eligibility remaining pending a medical redshirt potential. 

Well, he's no Vahe the center

• Like 1

Spoiler

Liucci

1:29a, 7/30/18

Staff

AG

- Let's get right down to it. Mansfield Legacy cornerback/athlete Jeffery Carter is one of the most dynamic football players in the Lone Star State and he's as athletic as anyone the Aggies are recruiting in 2019. After drawing coast-to-coast interest and offers following his sophomore campaign, the 5-11, 185-pounder locked down opposing receivers as a junior, helping lead Aledo to the 5A state championship game. A one-time Oklahoma commitment, Carter opened things up in January and saw his stock soar this spring. Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Maurice Linguist prioritized the two-way playmaker and lockdown cover man almost immediately after arriving in College Station and their dogged pursuit paid off on Saturday in a commitment that surprised plenty of folks in Norman and around the region.

'Scooby' gives the Aggies a versatile weapon in the secondary, one capable of playing just about anywhere and who possesses All-SEC (and certainly NFL) potential at corner. Even after a knee injury suffered earlier in his high school career, Carter is one of the fastest players in Texas (he was one of the five fastest at The Opening last month in Frisco), as he possesses blazing, sub-4.4 speed. Jeffery is every bit as quick as he is fast and is an exceptional athlete blessed with supreme body control, leaping ability, footwork and agility. In coverage, Carter is surprisingly physical but where he separates from the pack is his ability to absolutely blanket opposing receivers. Hips, ball skills, football IQ and recovery speed...this dude has it in spades. In fact, it's been a good while since I can remember the Ags signing as natural a cover man, maybe dating back to Sammy Davis coming out of Humble nearly 20 years ago.  

He'll compete to start on the island in short order but has the potential to make an immediate impact on special teams and as a nickel, a position he's built for because of his ability to stick to smaller, quicker slot receivers like glue. Carter is also such an explosive and well-rounded athlete that he could get a very early look in the return game if he so chooses and could even line up at receiver at some point along the way. Over the last two seasons at Aledo, the playmaker averaged over 20 yards per catch and hauled in six touchdown grabs. If we would have decided to list Jeffery as an 'athlete' in our state rankings, he would have pushed Longhorn commit and Cuero standout Jordan Whittington for top honors. As it stands, he's an easy state top-20 talent who some believe should be ranked among the top dozen or so prospects in Texas.

- We've held off on talking about it too much, but now that the Aggies have earned commits from Bobby WolfeErick Youngand Scooby Carter, it's time to talk about where Texas A&M's five-man haul in the defensive backfield ranks, both nationally in 2019 and in school history. As far as what the Aggies have in the three corners plus safeties Demani Richardson of Waxahachie and Brian Williams of Bishop Dunne, we're talking about a five star and four 4* defensive backs, all five of whom could have played virtually anywhere they wanted. It's a little more difficult to find some of the older A&M recruiting classes, but I can confidently say that the Ags current secondary haul is better than anything (at this stage of game, meaning coming out of high school) I've seen here in the past quarter century. I really don't think that's up for debate.  

As far as where the Aggie DB haul will rank nationally, it's going to be a top five group at worst and could end up being as good or better than anyone secondary class in the country.

- Carter's eventual final five included the Aggies, OU, Alabama, Texas and Oregon so outlasting the Sooners, Horns and Tide made this particular recruiting battle a pretty significant one in terms of momentum and sending a message to a trio of recruiting rivals. Though Bama tried frantically to rip Jeffery out of his home state a couple of weeks ago, the group that might be hearing things loud and clear these days resides in Norman. After an impressive commitment spree by Kirby Smart's Georgia Bulldogs over the weekend, the Aggies and Sooners currently sit 3-4 in the national recruiting rankings. While both sides have backed off a couple of guys they've lost to the other late in the process, the simple truth is that the Ags are currently doing a much better job in their home state than OU is south of the Red River. Granted, the Sooners are casting a national net under Lincoln Riley but the fact of the matter is that the Ags have added a pair of former Oklahoma pledges over the past two weeks in Carter and Isaiah Spiller and - regardless of what they say after the fact - recent commit Erick Young had a spot in Norman had he decided he had 'OUDNA' (whatever that means). Yes, there's a real rivalry brewing between the (only) Big 12 power and their former conference rival on the recruiting front and I have a funny feeling we'll see the two sides meet in a high-profile bowl game soon enough as Jimbo Fisher and Lincoln Riley continue to stockpile elite-level classes. Heck, the Sooners' four-man 2019 haul at WR/TE (all Texans, mind you) versus the Maroon Five in the secondary alone should be worth the price of admission.

- Can we say enough about the job Maurice Linguist has done when it comes to recruiting his position? He was a complete unknown to most A&M fans when Jimbo Fisher tabbed him to lead the Aggie secondary six months ago but all the former Minnesota assistant and Mesquite is help lead the charge as the Ags have put together an incredible five-man haul on the back end. Show me a young assistant coach having as good a first year at his current school as Linguist, who has quickly established himself as quite the closer. Enjoy a big glass of coffee, Mo.

- So the Aggies added Jeffery Carter and Texas went out and got a lineman that the Aggies pursued for a quite a while before things went south seemingly overnight (as a couple of head-scratching recruitments against Texas have). With one landing in College Station and one landing in Austin, let's re-visit this year's head-to-head count. Yep. Still pretty one-sided, with Jimbo Fisher and the Ags still doubling up Herman's Horns to the tune of 10-5 when it comes to in-state commits offered by both programs. 'Ssssshhhhhhh' is right, isn't it Spinsters?  

This, my friends, is why I left Texas out of my tweet yesterday when I called Oklahoma and Alabama A&M's primary recruiting rivals. I'm not sure the Sooners and Tide haven't replaced the Longhorns and LSU at the top of the list.

- Carter's commit left everyone wondering when the next domino would fall and where it would come from. I'd say keep your eye fixated on Baton Rouge now that Christian Harris has returned from his weekend visit to Tuscaloosa and the feedback we're getting is that the Aggies still lead. As a side note, I heard this weekend that the 240-plus pound (yes, you read that correctly even though most list him around 230) linebacker set his school power clean record with a jaw-dropping lift of 365 pounds. That's Quentin Coryatt-type stuff right there, folks, and it's coming from a young man who is athletic enough to line up at receiver and even corner at north of 240. Harris is a guy I believe the Ags simply must grab at linebacker this year. A tremendous prospect at a need position and a guy who is built, can run and plays like an SEC linebacker should.

- Just one more note on a pair of guys who were in town this weekend: The Ags knocked it out of the park with both Seven Lakes DE David Ugwoegbu and Dickinson TE Jalen Wydermyer. I've noticed a lot of posters seem to think these two are 'commit now and lose your spot' types but that's simply not the case. Both are considered top priority guys by the A&M staff at need positions and were treated as such this past weekend. Sometimes, I think some who follow this stuff are blinded by the star ranking. Look past the three-star ranking here and believe me when I say Jimbo Fisher and Co. would love nothing more than to add the two Greater Houston studs to Class of 2019, whenever that may be. It's also noting that if the Ags were to ink these two plus Adrian Medley, they'd have a trio of 'three stars' on the commit list holding a combined offer list that includes A&M, Alabama, Florida and Ole Miss all x 3, Miami, Auburn, Tennessee and LSU x2 plus Georgia, Michigan Ohio State, Oregon for Wydermyer, OU, TCU and Texas for Ugwoegbu and Florida State and Clemson for Medley. Three stars my ass.

Though I'm a little leery of a potential Ugwoegbu visit to Norman this weekend because the Sooners are one of a small handful of teams who are as hot as the Aggies are on the recruiting trail this summer, I'd say Texas A&M is sitting in as good a spot as they have at any point in the process with he, Wydermyer, Mayde Creek DL Marcus Stripling and West Mesquite WR Dylan Wright.

So the Aggies added Jeffery Carter and Texas went out and got a lineman that the Aggies pursued for a quite a while before things went south seemingly overnight (as a couple of head-scratching recruitments against Texas have). With one landing in College Station and one landing in Austin, let's re-visit this year's head-to-head count. Yep. Still pretty one-sided, with Jimbo Fisher and the Ags still doubling up Herman's Horns to the tune of 10-5 when it comes to in-state commits offered by both programs. 'Ssssshhhhhhh' is right, isn't it Spinsters?  

This, my friends, is why I left Texas out of my tweet yesterday when I called Oklahoma and Alabama A&M's primary recruiting rivals. I'm not sure the Sooners and Tide haven't replaced the Longhorns and LSU at the top of the list.

Rent free.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

1:29a, 7/30/18

Staff

AG

- Let's get right down to it. Mansfield Legacy cornerback/athlete Jeffery Carter is one of the most dynamic football players in the Lone Star State and he's as athletic as anyone the Aggies are recruiting in 2019. After drawing coast-to-coast interest and offers following his sophomore campaign, the 5-11, 185-pounder locked down opposing receivers as a junior, helping lead Aledo to the 5A state championship game. A one-time Oklahoma commitment, Carter opened things up in January and saw his stock soar this spring. Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Maurice Linguist prioritized the two-way playmaker and lockdown cover man almost immediately after arriving in College Station and their dogged pursuit paid off on Saturday in a commitment that surprised plenty of folks in Norman and around the region.

'Scooby' gives the Aggies a versatile weapon in the secondary, one capable of playing just about anywhere and who possesses All-SEC (and certainly NFL) potential at corner. Even after a knee injury suffered earlier in his high school career, Carter is one of the fastest players in Texas (he was one of the five fastest at The Opening last month in Frisco), as he possesses blazing, sub-4.4 speed. Jeffery is every bit as quick as he is fast and is an exceptional athlete blessed with supreme body control, leaping ability, footwork and agility. In coverage, Carter is surprisingly physical but where he separates from the pack is his ability to absolutely blanket opposing receivers. Hips, ball skills, football IQ and recovery speed...this dude has it in spades. In fact, it's been a good while since I can remember the Ags signing as natural a cover man, maybe dating back to Sammy Davis coming out of Humble nearly 20 years ago.  

He'll compete to start on the island in short order but has the potential to make an immediate impact on special teams and as a nickel, a position he's built for because of his ability to stick to smaller, quicker slot receivers like glue. Carter is also such an explosive and well-rounded athlete that he could get a very early look in the return game if he so chooses and could even line up at receiver at some point along the way. Over the last two seasons at Aledo, the playmaker averaged over 20 yards per catch and hauled in six touchdown grabs. If we would have decided to list Jeffery as an 'athlete' in our state rankings, he would have pushed Longhorn commit and Cuero standout Jordan Whittington for top honors. As it stands, he's an easy state top-20 talent who some believe should be ranked among the top dozen or so prospects in Texas.

- We've held off on talking about it too much, but now that the Aggies have earned commits from Bobby WolfeErick Youngand Scooby Carter, it's time to talk about where Texas A&M's five-man haul in the defensive backfield ranks, both nationally in 2019 and in school history. As far as what the Aggies have in the three corners plus safeties Demani Richardson of Waxahachie and Brian Williams of Bishop Dunne, we're talking about a five star and four 4* defensive backs, all five of whom could have played virtually anywhere they wanted. It's a little more difficult to find some of the older A&M recruiting classes, but I can confidently say that the Ags current secondary haul is better than anything (at this stage of game, meaning coming out of high school) I've seen here in the past quarter century. I really don't think that's up for debate.  

As far as where the Aggie DB haul will rank nationally, it's going to be a top five group at worst and could end up being as good or better than anyone secondary class in the country.

- Carter's eventual final five included the Aggies, OU, Alabama, Texas and Oregon so outlasting the Sooners, Horns and Tide made this particular recruiting battle a pretty significant one in terms of momentum and sending a message to a trio of recruiting rivals. Though Bama tried frantically to rip Jeffery out of his home state a couple of weeks ago, the group that might be hearing things loud and clear these days resides in Norman. After an impressive commitment spree by Kirby Smart's Georgia Bulldogs over the weekend, the Aggies and Sooners currently sit 3-4 in the national recruiting rankings. While both sides have backed off a couple of guys they've lost to the other late in the process, the simple truth is that the Ags are currently doing a much better job in their home state than OU is south of the Red River. Granted, the Sooners are casting a national net under Lincoln Riley but the fact of the matter is that the Ags have added a pair of former Oklahoma pledges over the past two weeks in Carter and Isaiah Spiller and - regardless of what they say after the fact - recent commit Erick Young had a spot in Norman had he decided he had 'OUDNA' (whatever that means). Yes, there's a real rivalry brewing between the (only) Big 12 power and their former conference rival on the recruiting front and I have a funny feeling we'll see the two sides meet in a high-profile bowl game soon enough as Jimbo Fisher and Lincoln Riley continue to stockpile elite-level classes. Heck, the Sooners' four-man 2019 haul at WR/TE (all Texans, mind you) versus the Maroon Five in the secondary alone should be worth the price of admission.

- Can we say enough about the job Maurice Linguist has done when it comes to recruiting his position? He was a complete unknown to most A&M fans when Jimbo Fisher tabbed him to lead the Aggie secondary six months ago but all the former Minnesota assistant and Mesquite is help lead the charge as the Ags have put together an incredible five-man haul on the back end. Show me a young assistant coach having as good a first year at his current school as Linguist, who has quickly established himself as quite the closer. Enjoy a big glass of coffee, Mo.

- So the Aggies added Jeffery Carter and Texas went out and got a lineman that the Aggies pursued for a quite a while before things went south seemingly overnight (as a couple of head-scratching recruitments against Texas have). With one landing in College Station and one landing in Austin, let's re-visit this year's head-to-head count. Yep. Still pretty one-sided, with Jimbo Fisher and the Ags still doubling up Herman's Horns to the tune of 10-5 when it comes to in-state commits offered by both programs. 'Ssssshhhhhhh' is right, isn't it Spinsters?  

- Carter's commit left everyone wondering when the next domino would fall and where it would come from. I'd say keep your eye fixated on Baton Rouge now that Christian Harris has returned from his weekend visit to Tuscaloosa and the feedback we're getting is that the Aggies still lead. As a side note, I heard this weekend that the 240-plus pound (yes, you read that correctly even though most list him around 230) linebacker set his school power clean record with a jaw-dropping lift of 365 pounds. That's Quentin Coryatt-type stuff right there, folks, and it's coming from a young man who is athletic enough to line up at receiver and even corner at north of 240. Harris is a guy I believe the Ags simply must grab at linebacker this year. A tremendous prospect at a need position and a guy who is built, can run and plays like an SEC linebacker should.

- Just one more note on a pair of guys who were in town this weekend: The Ags knocked it out of the park with both Seven Lakes DE David Ugwoegbu and Dickinson TE Jalen Wydermyer. I've noticed a lot of posters seem to think these two are 'commit now and lose your spot' types but that's simply not the case. Both are considered top priority guys by the A&M staff at need positions and were treated as such this past weekend. Sometimes, I think some who follow this stuff are blinded by the star ranking. Look past the three-star ranking here and believe me when I say Jimbo Fisher and Co. would love nothing more than to add the two Greater Houston studs to Class of 2019, whenever that may be. It's also noting that if the Ags were to ink these two plus Adrian Medley, they'd have a trio of 'three stars' on the commit list holding a combined offer list that includes A&M, Alabama, Florida and Ole Miss all x 3, Miami, Auburn, Tennessee and LSU x2 plus Georgia, Michigan Ohio State, Oregon for Wydermyer, OU, TCU and Texas for Ugwoegbu and Florida State and Clemson for Medley. Three stars my ass.

Though I'm a little leery of a potential Ugwoegbu visit to Norman this weekend because the Sooners are one of a small handful of teams who are as hot as the Aggies are on the recruiting trail this summer, I'd say Texas A&M is sitting in as good a spot as they have at any point in the process with he, Wydermyer, Mayde Creek DL Marcus Stripling and West Mesquite WR Dylan Wright.

That's some grade A bullshit by old Muff Chin

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm not sure the Sooners and Tide haven't replaced the Longhorns and LSU at the top of the list. 

I'm not sure what Looch is not trying to not say with all the negatives that aren't in this sentence.

• Like 2

" let's re-visit this year's head-to-head count. Yep. Still pretty one-sided, with Jimbo Fisher and the Ags still doubling up Herman's Horns to the tune of 10-5 when it comes to in-state commits offered by both programs."

Of course they're focused on a team they're too scared to even play.  And ignoring their conference mates taking them to the woodshed.  Per usual.  Because small penis syndrome.

They've offered 8 of our commits btw.  They always spin the facts dishonestly.  Let's leave K.Watson, D.Floyd and J.Smith out of the conversation and couch it as in-state only.  Yeah, that makes us look better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They're just dying to be able say their DB haul this year is historically better than the one we had last year and to believe it. You can actually sear the rusty gears slowly turning in their blockheads. 

They'll start to say it. Then Caden Stearns will look like a boss. Then they'll go a little quiet. Slowly, over time, they'll point out that Overshown and Jamison are playing multiple positions, so they're disqualified from the contest.

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

" let's re-visit this year's head-to-head count. Yep. Still pretty one-sided, with Jimbo Fisher and the Ags still doubling up Herman's Horns to the tune of 10-5 when it comes to in-state commits offered by both programs."

Of course they're focused on a team they're too scared to even play.  And ignoring their conference mates taking them to the woodshed.  Per usual.  Because small penis syndrome.

They've offered 8 of our commits btw.  They always spin the facts dishonestly.  Let's leave K.Watson, D.Floyd and J.Smith out of the conversation and couch it as in-state only.  Yeah, that makes us look better.

And I'll be real interested to know those 10 he speaks of. I can count 2, maybe 3 that were true head to head losses. 

14 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I'm not sure what Looch is not trying to not say with all the negatives that aren't in this sentence.

It's in the TexAgs style guide.

When he says things like, "I'm not sure that A&M hasn't won a championship more recently than Texas" or "When it comes to head-to-head battles, I can't say that no one is going to outwork Jimbo and his staff, but I can't not either," aggy brains just parse it as "gig um mr smart wurds! sitting p5 ring bearer power moved those tsips! take my 9.95!"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Does anyone want to point out to Chin Pubes the H2H record last year? 

6 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

And I'll be real interested to know those 10 he speaks of. I can count 2, maybe 3 that were true head to head losses. 

The only ones that matter are Leal, Richardson, Williams, and Green. We liked Young as a safety, weren't seriously considering Carter unless he proved he could stay out of trouble off the field. Not sure who the other ones are.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The only ones that matter are Leal, Richardson, Williams, and Green. We liked Young as a safety, weren't seriously considering Carter unless he proved he could stay out of trouble off the field. Not sure who the other ones are.

I thought Williams was never interested because of last year's class? Forgot about green but the other I'm thinking of is Cupp but I can't remember if we had Liebrock higher on the board. 

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

We offered:

WR - Kam Brown - bread, we have 3 better WRs and about to get a 4th

WR - Kenyon Jackson - bread, we have 3 better WRs and about to get a 4th

TE - Baylor Cupp - good win but we got 2 good ones

OT - Kenyon Green - great player but probably an OG, we got best OT tandem in the state

WDE - Braedon Mowry - good win but Katy Taylor so...

DT - DeMarvin Leal - big win for them

CB - Erick Young - he's a safety

CB - Jeffery Carter - he's a time bomb

CB - Bobby Wolfe - he flat out sucks

S - Brian Williams - great player, big win but we're not exactly hurting at the position

S - Demani Richardson - great player

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

We offered:

WR - Kam Brown - bread, we have 3 better WRs and about to get a 4th

WR - Kenyon Jackson - bread, we have 3 better WRs and about to get a 4th

TE - Baylor Cupp - good win but we got 2 good ones

OT - Kenyon Green - great player but probably an OG, we got best OT tandem in the state

WDE - Braedon Mowry - good win but Katy Taylor so...

DT - DeMarvin Leal - big win for them

CB - Erick Young - he's a safety

CB - Jeffery Carter - he's a time bomb

CB - Bobby Wolfe - he flat out sucks

S - Brian Williams - great player, big win but we're not exactly hurting at the position

S - Demani Richardson - great player

So being generous, 6.

One thing I've come to understand about aggy, no matter if we win another natty, no matter if we have a better recruiting ranking, no matter what we do they will always have crazy absurd statements about it or say we pay for everything or say they win all H2H, then have an excuse locked and loaded when we win a H2H and say it didn't count. 

"Aggy never change" is said for a reason for the last 40 years.