2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

So...

Listening to Coach's last two media sessions... 

Our WRs are not getting it done yet.  Transition has been difficult. 

My bet is he is moving Card to 1s to see if he and the WRs are going synch up AND make some big plays.

Offense is a work in progress, minus RB.  WRs are probably the worst position, OL isn't yet certain.  Leinart is probably going to win the QB job, nah mean?

Unfortunately, if your WRs and QBs aren't really clicking, you can't really tell if the Defense is what you see or if the Offense is bad.

I've been drinking and listening to this dude for an hour plus.... so I have insights.

Other thing I hear is the focus on training the mind to allow the physical training to just happen.  After playing ball and training in martial arts, and just being an old man, I can hear where he wants to go... I hope he can get the dudes to get it.  Herman didn't speak this way.  Charlie didn't speak this way (but Vance Bedford kinda did...)  If our dudes take the training and trust the training, we should be ok.  It doesn't sound good yet. Offense will have to score or defense will look bad, even if they aren't.  We've seen that movie. It gets five thumbs down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I mean… they call them special teams for a reason.

What’s great about this is the championship trophy in the background. Man that’s going to be easy negative recruiting that shit. 

WTF y’all doing?  I think we’ll all know after the first series if Sark is the real deal or not.

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

What’s great about this is the championship trophy in the background. Man that’s going to be easy negative recruiting that shit. 

WTF y’all doing?  I think we’ll all know after the first series if Sark is the real deal or not.

Wasn’t Herman’s first play a long TD.  That’s always proof of long term success.  

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

If you can catch a wrench you can catch a dodge, I mean, football. 

Just saying, nobody ever accused Leach of having receivers that couldn't  catch the ball when he was at OU or Tech...He tortured the crap out of them with the Tennis ball shooter...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

SIAP

AUSTIN, Texas — Horns247 was able to get a glimpse of the Longhorns’ practice Tuesday afternoon for a brief media viewing window at Frank Denius Fields. Here are some key notes we gathered from the media’s open practice window.
— For the second straight day, redshirt freshman QB Hudson Card got all of the reps with the first-team offense Tuesday afternoon, while redshirt junior Casey Thompson ran with the second-team offense.
— Card had some decent throws in 11-on-11 against the first-team defense. His receivers lining up with him were Jordan Whittington, Joshua Moore and Xavier Worthy.
— Card had a couple of completions in 11-on-11, including one to Moore and one to Worthy.
— Thompson did not have as good of a showing in 11-on-11 with the twos.
— Thompson’s receivers were Al'Vonte Woodard, Troy Omeire and Kai Money. Thompson’s only completed pass was to Money.
— A few of the less than ideal notes on the second-string offense started with a fumble when Thompson attempted to hand off the ball to Roschon Johnson early on. Thompson also he took a sack in 11-on-11 and threw an interception that was picked off by Darion Dunn.
I caught some of the RB pass-catching drills and the only guy who I didn’t see have a drop was Bijan Robinson. Both Roschon Johnson and Keilan Robinson had a few dropped passes.
— A bit of a random nugget, but Steve Sarkisian went out of his way to commend Jared Wiley while on kick return after he made a block that opened a hole for D’Shawn Jamison.
— There were a handful of NFL teams in attendance. We couldn’t get a really solid count, but it looked like anywhere between 9-12 NFL execs were at Tuesday’s practice.

First I've heard that Woodard is near the top of the WR rotation.

38 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Wasn’t Herman’s first play a long TD.  That’s always proof of long term success.

Couldn't figure out how to spoiler a video - so fuck it.  I won't subject everyone to 2017 Texas v. Maryland

Maryland started with possession and the series ended on a pick6 from Holton Hill.

1st offensive possession was a 7 yard pass.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

Joe Cook

Head coach Steve Sarkisian updated media on the ongoing Texas quarterback competition between fourth-year quarterback Casey Thompson and second-year quarterback Hudson Card. Sarkisian says he is treating the decision the same way he hopes recruits treat their commitment date.

“I haven’t put a timeline on it,” Sarkisian told reporters during his Tuesday press conference. “I thought about that. And I always talk to these kids in recruiting, they’re going to make a commitment on this date in recruiting, right. But then that date comes and they’re not ready to decide but they’ve already made that, this is the date I’m making my commitment, they don’t really know where they’re going to go and then they make an irrational decision. So, going with your gut means when it feels right. And for me, the actual date is the first game, somebody’s got to run out there on Sept. 4 to take the snaps with the starting offense when we take the field.”

Sarkisian’s commitment is set for 3:30 p.m. CT at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, ahead of the Longhorns season opener against Louisiana.

“Ideally, I’d like to make a decision before then,” said Sarkisian. “But there’s no exact date for that to happen. It’s got to feel right and when it’s that time we’ll talk to both guys and we’ll go after it.”

Impact of the first scrimmage

Card got the first reps with the starters during Texas’ first scrimmage this week, but Sarkisian says that is no indication of how things are going in the Texas quarterback competition.

“We’ve been rotating the guys pretty good with the ones and the twos and trying to get them in different scenarios,” said Sarkisian. “Whether it’s two-minute, whether it’s a fastball period, whether it’s third down, blitz, red area, there’s a lot of aspects that make up the game obviously. So, trying to give everyone ample opportunities to play in the various scenarios, puts them in some tough situations to see."

Sarkisian had high praise for both Card and Thompson this week, maintaining that both quarterbacks were making the decision difficult to make.

“I think our team, in general, recognizes that both guys work their tails off,” said Sarkisian. “Both guys are grinding at this, they’re working at it, they’re preparing, they’re taking to the tough coaching, and I think the team has a lot of respect for both guys and I don’t think they have a sense or a feeling of ‘we’re going to play better because of one guy or the other.’ They just, guys are focused on what they need to do and allow the quarterback to do his job.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Couldn't figure out how to spoiler a video - so fuck it.  I won't subject everyone to 2017 Texas v. Maryland
Maryland started with possession and the series ended on a pick6 from Holton Hill.

This is correct.
The interception was so uplifting like we had turned a corner and the previous coach’s stink was going to lift away from the forty, but we and mensa soon learned that that team had ingrained stupidity you can’t coach away over a summer with runny eggs and piss charts.

I win longest surly sentence of the day.

24 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

Now I see why Sark was trying to get OU’s outside receivers coach 

If we are going to have a receiver coach who cant coach or recruit, just go get Samples. We know he can do at least one thing at an elite level.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

I may be reading this ESPN Game Summary wrong, but after the Pick Six, Maryland got the ball back, stalled and punted out of bounds at the Tex 10.  The Horns first offensive play was:

Shane Buechele sacked by Jermaine Carter Jr. for a loss of 9 yards to the Texas 1

On 3rd down we threw an interception.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know Sark will throw out the guy he thinks is right but I wonder if he's just picking who he thinks is the lesser of the suck. I'll be interested to see how the line and QB perform, but there's going to be growing pains and I'm sure both QBs will be playing if the loser of this competition doesn't check out and portal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5