Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Not being able to get a guy on the field with an all american ceiling feels really good. 

Why on earth would you think he's not going to get on the field? Are you anticipating that we'll only play our starters the whole game? You think Coburn playing for 40 plus snaps in a row is a good idea?

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Probably because his play on the field doesn't match that yet. But I assume he'll still play plenty on Saturday.

Wut?

Collins will play every position on the line this year. You'll see plenty of him...he may not be a depth chart starter but he'll be out there as much as any other D-lineman.

17 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Norway is great. Everyone speaks English, and while they aren't the prettiest girls in Europe, they are definitely the sluttiest. 

Finland says hold my vodka,  and 2/3rds are hot (hot swedish, hot russian, battle-axe russian).  Nordics are definitely worth a trip

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just announced...

I know Bijan is our only “National Name” guy, but shouldn’t “Snacks” be getting some NIL love from the local eateries?  
He’s likely an all-conference, top 4 Round draft pick, so not like he’s a nobody. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ian Boyd pointed out that with the injuries and switches this is now the left-side of the Offensive Line:

LT: 6-3, 306
LG: 6-2, 307
OC: 6-0, 288  (he was listed at 267 last year)

That's not ideal for Louisiana.  Not when you can send waves of Coburn, Sweat, and Collins at them.

Guessing Napier will try to mitigate by getting the ball out ASAP and going uptempo. They've got a big NT of their own to practice against but no T'Vondre to sub in when he gasses.

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ian Boyd pointed out that with the injuries and switches this is now the left-side of the Offensive Line:

LT: 6-3, 306
LG: 6-2, 307
OC: 6-0, 288  (he was listed at 267 last year)

That's not ideal for Louisiana.  Not when you can send waves of Coburn, Sweat, and Collins at them.

To be clear, the left tackle still might play. Doesn't seem likely, but it's still possible 

2 hours ago, Doak said:

Everyone by mid 2nd quarter in the 99 degree heat

hqdefault.jpg

You are supposed to act like the heat is nice and no problem for us Texans to scare off the Californians.  Besides, it really is a mildish summer here in Austin. The Summer of 2010 was 100 days of over a 100. 

19 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

You are supposed to act like the heat is nice and no problem for us Texans to scare off the Californians.  Besides, it really is a mildish summer here in Austin. The Summer of 2010 was 100 days of over a 100. 

I think that was 2011 to go along with all the wild fires. But yes, this summer has been mild.

• Hook 'Em 1

ULL in 2020:

Took OT to beat Georgia State

2 pt win vs Georgia Southern

4 pt win vs UAB

10 pt win against Texas State lol

7 pt win against Arkansas St

3 pt win against App st

Besides having 2 special teams scores and beating Iowa St with only 270 yrds of offense, what am I missing?  Is the hype purely because they have so many starters returning?

Edited by Doak

2 minutes ago, Doak said:

ULL in 2020:

4 pt win vs UAB

3 pt win against App st

Besides having 2 special teams scores and beating Iowa St with only 270 yrds of offense, what am I missing?  Is the hype purely because they have so many starters returning?

They also seem to play well against tough opponents too.  So kinda like Tom Herman team except they dont lose to the shit teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Tickets are being dumped en masse on stubhub due to the midday TX heat. Happy I was able to unload mine given the glut 

I'm not sure what people expected. Pretty much every early September game is 90+ degrees. 

1 minute ago, BayouBill said:

Good lord. I disagree with you saying his play on the field hasn't been up to par with his physical abilities. He was dominant at the end of last year and that was as a freshman. 

Please point to something that says he was dominant at the end of last year because just saying so, doesn't make it so, and from what I saw, he was not. Coburn, Ojomo, and probably Sweat are all likely still better which is why he isn't starting. With all that said he is likely our most versatile DL and will see plenty of time this year as I stated in my initial post.

21 minutes ago, Doak said:

ULL in 2020:

4 pt win vs UAB

3 pt win against App st

Nice G5 vs P5 win; lots of starters returning

10 years of avg Texas teams (including the f'ing Maryland fiascos); Texas hate

14 minutes ago, Sal said:

I'm not sure what people expected. Pretty much every early September game is 90+ degrees. 

I believe every early September game going back well more than a decade has been a 6pm or 7pm kickoff.  Yes, it's hot as fuck when you're tailgating and in the first quarter or so, but you know that the sun will go down and the temperature will drop to a more tolerable level.

With a 3:30 p.m. kickoff, it's already hot as fuck, you know it will only get hotter as the game progresses, and it won't dissipate until toward the end of the game.

For me personally, until last year I had been to every home opener since 1994, so my sweaty ass will be in the stands.  But I can still complain about it.  Fuck FOX.

• Like 2

The Cajuns center is 6 ft 267 pounds, submitted for your discussion.
I have 2" on him, he has 67 lbs..which one of us does Napier want snapping the ball?

That out of the way, unless the heat tomorrow is just too much, Coburn and Sweat should live in their backfield.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Please point to something that says he was dominant at the end of last year because just saying so, doesn't make it so, and from what I saw, he was not. Coburn, Ojomo, and probably Sweat are all likely still better which is why he isn't starting. With all that said he is likely our most versatile DL and will see plenty of time this year as I stated in my initial post.

So we disagree on something. Chill out.

I watched the ISU-ULL game last night and it seemed like a perfect storm for ISU. It was an ugly first game back from a long covid break that was decided on three plays. Both offenses stank, which isn't surprising given the circumstances. ISU gave up 257 yards of offense including 78 yards on one play. The defense essentially quit on the last drive when the game was over anyway. Otherwise, they physically dominated ULL as you'd expect. Take away the long TD pass and the last drive of the game and ULL's offense got its ass kicked.

On the other side, ISU's offense stank. The line sucked, the play-calling sucked, Purdy really sucked. The interception wasn't totally his fault, but he had some terrible throws that should have been picked off. When he was on target, the receivers dropped the ball. ULL's defense, particularly the secondary, played well as evidenced by ISU's 297 yards of offense. But none of their guys stood out and they weren't doing anything special scheme-wise. They didn't kick ISU's ass. It was more like our offense circa 2014 - ISU's line missed assignments on play after play, receivers whiffed on blocks, etc. ULL was good enough to take advantage of the mistakes and even cause of few. That said, they seemed like a bunch of well coached JAGs. They out ISU'd ISU.

There's nothing at all scary about ULL and they need help to win. If Strong or Herman were still around, we'd probably oblige them. I'm hoping Sark isn't as charitable. Our defense should absolutely murder their offense. It's the first game of the year under a new-ish system so I'm sure we'll have some busted plays and probably give up a couple of scores. If we don't shoot ourselves in the dick multiple times on offense and special teams this should be a comfortable win.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Tickets are being dumped en masse on stubhub due to the midday TX heat. Happy I was able to unload mine given the glut 

Damn there's some good seats available.  If I could handle the heat I'd be there.  Unfortunately my health won't allow it.🤬

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

Damn there's some good seats available.  If I could handle the heat I'd be there.  Unfortunately my health won't allow it.🤬

Yeah, my dad threw in the towel. COVID numbers, his immune system probably still not at 100% after ending chemo earlier in the year, hip pain. The weather of Hades was too much.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My people are from Norway. 
I found out much later in my life that grandma and grandpa were swingers. 
your story checks out from my personal knowledge of the situation. 

19 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Opposite direction for me. I’m a great big fat guy and I want it 70 degrees. 

So you're a fat Norwegian guy who swings? You might be a Surly zebra. Will you sing us the song of your people?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, my dad threw in the towel. COVID numbers, his immune system probably still not at 100% after ending chemo earlier in the year, hip pain. The weather of Hades was too much.

Heck I get too excited watching the games on television (doctor said no more watching games, but fuck him)

I get more stressed out NOT watching, just dying to know what's happening. As I do every year this close to the first game, my adrenaline is through the roof, pacing the floor and grinding my teeth.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, the dome is in the same shape. Not a day for obese men with major cardio vascular issues, who would immediately die of Covid before I got to my Seats on row 42 of the upper west side!🥲🤘

still wish I was going to be there with my secret bladder of the good stuff!  With my fellow horns screaming as loudly as I am at the fucking refs and that Bull shit call, and…. Old man rambles on, but fuck it !  Go and win one for the dome!🤘

• Hook 'Em 2