Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of guys go into COVID protocol for a meaningless regular season game to ensure they're back for the playoffs.

So is this theory that they are purposefully putting them in covid protocol to sit out a meaningless game?  What is the advantage of that over just sitting them for the game?

57 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

So is this theory that they are purposefully putting them in covid protocol to sit out a meaningless game?  What is the advantage of that over just sitting them for the game?

Roster management.  YOu get to add a player if one is on the COVID list rather than just roll with one fewer player.  

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'd blame a lot of that on playing for the Lions. By my quick count, Stafford is 4-4 vs teams .500 and better this season. Pretty amazing you put the guy around some talent and he's able to log half as many in one season that he's had in the previous 12. And he hasn't played great the last few weeks either.

Who did he get the 4th win against. I count only Indy, Tampa, & Arizona. Baltimore doesn't count because the record above is for +.500 teams. 

15 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Who did he get the 4th win against. I count only Indy, Tampa, & Arizona. Baltimore doesn't count because the record above is for +.500 teams. 

I counted Baltimore. I thought the record was for teams .500 and above.

After watching the all-22 my thoughts are -

Not finding an adequate blocking replacement for Schultz is a fireable offense.

The oline run blocking isn't that bad. Kellen Moore's dumb ass just needs to stick to the run.

If Dak could throw a post route it would open this offense up a lot.

Dak is seeing ghosts in the pocket which is leading to a lot of checkdowns. TRUST YOUR PROTECTION, receivers are getting open if he's just a half second more patient. 

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

So Cooper and Lamb were at the mavs game last night no mask. These guys just don't give a fuck about winning. How hard is it to keep your ass at home from this week until after the playoff run is done?

I believe Cooper gets a 90 day reprieve from testing due to having Covid. I forget whether or not Lamb already had before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I believe Cooper gets a 90 day reprieve from testing due to having Covid. I forget whether or not Lamb already had before.

That's what I thought but didn't keanu Neal just test positive for the 2nd time? And that was definitely not 90 days between as he tested positive the 1st time sometime around mid season.

Do they still re-seed in the playoffs? I know we will most likely be the 4 seed and would then face the 1 seed Green Bay in the next round should we win. But GB still gets the lowest seed remaining, right? So if the 2 or 3 seed can be upset in the wild card round, GB would get them and we could avoid them another round.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Do they still re-seed in the playoffs? I know we will most likely be the 4 seed and would then face the 1 seed Green Bay in the next round should we win. But GB still gets the lowest seed remaining, right? So if the 2 or 3 seed can be upset in the wild card round, GB would get them and we could avoid them another round.

Yes.  I responded to your post about that 2 or 3 pages ago 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's what I thought but didn't keanu Neal just test positive for the 2nd time? And that was definitely not 90 days between as he tested positive the 1st time sometime around mid season.

He previously tested positive September 25th so it was over 90 days when he tested positive again. 

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m convinced that team drs are doing fudging things this week so we can have extra roster spots to rest starters. It makes sense 

yep but really it is to get as many covid positive as you can now so you get the 90 day grace period.  especially if not vaxxed.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

NFL relaxed their protocol for all players, regardless of status. It's 5 days now. His jab status is irrelevant unless it's a personal belief if he should have it or not.

CDC guidelines changed.  It wasn't the NFL at their whim.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:08 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Dak was largely fine yesterday.  He had a bad stretch, but that was a stretch where we had penalties, dropped balls, bad calls, missed blocks and overall just played poorly, everyone.  The main issue offensively yesterday were two things -- mental mistakes (all the aforementioned) and we couldn't run the ball for shit.  Dak was our leading rusher with 20 yards.  That's a huge issue.  We only ran 57 plays to their 72, so the defense allowing the Cards to go 50% on 3/4th downs combined was a huge issue.  We couldn't get off the field on defense and they could...... why?

First half we had 4 possessions.  4 fucking possessions, that's terrible.  We missed a FG, scored a TD and punted twice.  On the two punts, we had 3 and 11 and 3 and 14 because of penalties.  2nd half we only had 5 possessions.  This isn't a recipe for success for this team.  We scored 2 TDs, fumbled and punted twice.  2 punts?  3 and 20 and 3rd and 9.  3 times we had penalties on 2/3rd down putting us way behind the sticks and leading to a punt.  One possession we had a dropped ball which would have put us at 3 and 3.  

Was Dak perfect?  Of course not.  Could he and do we need him to be better?  Yes, but he wasn't the overwhelming issue.  He wasn't even top 5.  

Again, we are having a difficult time in the run game because both of our RBs are playing on one leg.  We have shit for edge blocking with our TEs and we fucked around with the OL chemistry.  I expect Tryon to be better as he gets more reps.  This will help, but not getting someone better than Corey Clement when we knew both RBs were going to be limping for the rest of the season was lazy, stupid, and moronic.  Pretty much Jerrah on brand.

Dak was terrible Sunday. Terrible. Not feeling confident in my QB. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:24 AM, C-Man said:

You don't just snap your fingers and find a replacement for one of the all-time best O-linemen the franchise has ever had. It ain't that easy.

I heard Sturm talking today that Quinn and the Cowboys were in man-to-man pass defense sets like 45% of the time Sunday against the Cards. The rest of the league is about 25% against Kyler Murray because of his running threat.

The Cowboys haven't beaten a team that has a winning record since beating New England in OT in mid-October (Week 6).

Tyron is a little overrated for his purported all-time status. He wouldn’t make the 2-deep at LT. 

Sturm said the next highest percentage of defensive man snaps behind the Cowboys at 42-46% was 26%. Most teams have gone 90%+ the whole game. No idea what Quinn was doing. The line was terrible. Holds were as clear as night and day. The line, the D and Dak are equally culpable for the loss. It wasn’t the RBs - they never had a chance. Dak refuses to throw decent passes to WRs. He is a big problem right now. 

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

NFL relaxed their protocol for all players, regardless of status. It's 5 days now. His jab status is irrelevant unless it's a personal belief if he should have it or not.

Don't care about either as people but Cooper refusing to get vaxxed screwed the team in November and he reportedly got pretty sick and he hasn't looked like any kind of a number 1 $20 mil receiver since the day he got covid. We can't count on him in the playoffs to be anything other than what he has been recently. That shit lingers on a lot of people. I'd be surprise if he's a factor in the playoffs. 

Don't care about either as people but Cooper refusing to get vaxxed screwed the team in November and he reportedly got pretty sick and he hasn't looked like any kind of a number 1 $20 mil receiver since the day he got covid. We can't count on him in the playoffs to be anything other than what he has been recently. That shit lingers on a lot of people. I'd be surprise if he's a factor in the playoffs. 

As unvaxxed he is barred from any large gathering and sporting events. He will be a $14k fine. CES dee is vaxxed so he’s cool.

Down and distance matter, but I'm probably calling a lead draw of some sort or a trap on the left A gap.

LMAO at the comment "audible to a run because 3 out of my 5 OL aren't capable of PassBlocking 1 on 1."

Edited by slorch

So Cooper and Lamb were at the mavs game last night no mask. These guys just don't give a fuck about winning. How hard is it to keep your ass at home from this week until after the playoff run is done?

Maybe they don’t have direct tv and can’t watch the mavs and stars like me. It sucks.

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

He hasn’t looked like a 1 receiver because his QB has sucked since he’s been back. Sucked. It’s not Amari. It’s Dak. 

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Down and distance matter, but I'm probably calling a lead draw of some sort or a trap on the left A gap.

LMAO at the comment "audible to a run because 3 out of my 5 OL aren't capable of PassBlocking 1 on 1."

Don’t know why that’s funny to you. Pass pro is okay. Run blocking is the line’s issue. Run blocking and Dak are the offensive issues. 

They're going to have a lot of dudes back. Lawrence was saying they got the Cardinals best shot but they definitely didn't. 

Makes that loss such a gut punch. Another in a long line of Cowboys teams being mentally soft when it matters most. 

Looks like only way to avoid 4 seed is to win and Cardinals and Rams both lose

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

They're going to have a lot of dudes back. Lawrence was saying they got the Cardinals best shot but they definitely didn't. 

Makes that loss such a gut punch. Another in a long line of Cowboys teams being mentally soft when it matters most. 

Looks like only way to avoid 4 seed is to win and Cardinals and Rams both lose

spacer.png