Seriously, Pitt, WTF are you doing?

Macanudo

https://sports.yahoo.com/massive-20-million-donation-to-pitt-leads-to-bizarre-name-change-for-head-coaching-position-215904436.html

Pittsburgh Panthers head coach Pat Narduzzi got a new job title Thursday. Instead of being the head coach at Pitt football, Narduzzi will now be known as the Chris Bickell '97 Head Football Coach. No, really.

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/massive-20-million-donation-to-pitt-leads-to-bizarre-name-change-for-head-coaching-position-215904436.html

Pittsburgh Panthers head coach Pat Narduzzi got a new job title Thursday. Instead of being the head coach at Pitt football, Narduzzi will now be known as the Chris Bickell '97 Head Football Coach. No, really.

Make It Rain Money GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

How much would Pitt require in donations for Bickell to be able to call the first 10 plays of the game? How much to sleep with narduzzi's wife? I assume both of those options would be in play and now its just a matter of negotiating the final number.  Good lord Pitt. 

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

How much would Pitt require in donations for Bickell to be able to call the first 10 plays of the game? How much to sleep with narduzzi's wife? I assume both of those options would be in play and now its just a matter of negotiating the final number.  Good lord Pitt. 

tree fiddy and tree fiddy

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lots of schools do that. Most of the Ivies and Notre Dame off the top of my head.

I'll be damned. Had no idea this was a thing.

Entering his 30th season as a collegiate head coach in 2020 and 11th year at the University of Notre Dame, Dick Corbett Head Football Coach Brian Kelly brings a championship tradition as the school’s 29th head football coach.

https://und.com/coach/brian-kelly/

If Mr. Corbett had a sense of humor, he would insist they use only his first name.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

About tree fiddy

I guess it makes sense being that Pitt plays at Heinz field, and he was never gonna replace the Heinz name. Tho he could have maybe also lobbied for helmet stickers, jersey patches, or even his name on the sideline benches. If DeWalt could do it, I don't see why this guy couldn't.

So, I met the fellow in the box today. He graduated less than a decade after I. He's a really nice guy and honestly seemed a bit embarrassed by all the attention.

From what I gathered he helped start a company, an IT outfit, that seemed to service Veteran's affairs type things and I heard he recently sold that company for a bunch. Not certain of the amount. 

I did ask him if the donation was to make up for all the damage he did from his freshman year in the dorms.