[Game Thread] Ragin Cajuns at Longhorns - We're gonna fuck people up

immamac

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So I didn't notice today:

Alfred Collins

Kitan Crawford, Troy Omeire (saw someone in #21 jersey early on sidelines in sweatpants; initial assumption was it was TO)

Prince Dorbah (he might just be buried on depth chart)

Omeire was known to be out with his knee thing. Idk what the deal is with Collins and Kitan, I noticed the same.

I think Dorbah is just low on the depth chart

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So I didn't notice today:

Alfred Collins

Kitan Crawford, Troy Omeire (saw someone in #21 jersey early on sidelines in sweatpants; initial assumption was it was TO)

Prince Dorbah (he might just be buried on depth chart)

Crawford had a great special teams tackle on a punt or kick. 

• Hook 'Em 5

It's the first game. Besides bama, most teams look like they are playing their first game of the season.

We have things to work on but most teams do. But for a brand new coaching staff breaking in brand new systems and a brand new QB, I'm happy as shit.

We're going to kick the shit out of pig next week.

OU looked pedestrian but they too will improve.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I was struggling with a baby most of the game - I saw Bijan get folded in half but I guess he has some extra cartilage due to the lack of agony displayed here?

He hyperextended his knee and it was a huge blow to Texas for the rest of the game. 

Oh wait... I thought it was Tim Brando for a second. 

He's fine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I must of watched a different game. Our special team penalties and O-line are major concerns

What special team penalties? On that one play with the called back TD? That was hardly egregious. And yeah the offensive line is not great.

But that was a well coached team that made few big mistakes. I didn't say they could run Alabama or whatever you thought I said. Being well coached is playing up to your potential and not beating yourself. We did that today.

• Hook 'Em 4

I think we can all agree that we need much better O-line play, but I'm encouraged that we seemed to scheme around that deficiency to get points on the board. Very refreshing.

And our D-line was obviously in Contain mode for most of the game so I'm not worried too much of lack of consistent pressure on the QB. LBs need some improvement in coverage and tackling.