Cowboys @ Bucs: Week 1 NFL Season Opener

Vic Mackey

40 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The last year’s playoff teams is a ruse. At LAC, Minn, and NE will be very tough games. At KC is a loss. At NO and at Wash are possible to probable losses. NYG and Philly and Carolina will be improved. It’s hard to imagine this team going much better than 10-7. 

Even if you are correct, which I don't think you are, 10-7 wins the NFC East by at least a full game.

• Like 1

I got to give it to Kellen Moore and McCarthy. Hell if an offensive game plan. They knew going into the game they weren't going to be able to run the ball so make your short passes like they were runs. Then air it our when you have the advantage. Pretty nice play calling.
Speaking of play calling did anyone else catch Brady shaking off the play call coming from the sideline a couple of times? It was like the ace pitcher shaking off his catcher.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Offensive game plan is much improved. But until we have a defense that can stop anything much like the last 17 years every game eill be a shoot out. I expected to get throat fucked so it’s aggy moral victory to see Dak and the O play well 

I think the defense is improved, it's just the Bucs are fucking good.  I'm not pumping sunshine because I expect nothing from the Cowboys, but last year's defense against Brady last night would have been lucky to force them to punt once.  They still have issues with the DB's, but it's better than last year.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 hours ago, Drew said:

Jesus Christ Vic stop it man. They showed a TON tonight.

Yeah they made mistakes. Even Tampa did. They were literally 2 missed kicks and/or a non called OPI from winning.

The defense has multiple stops AND 4 turnovers. This defense did NOT did that the last decade very much.

They’re going to win the East easily and have double digit wins. This .500 narrative is such BS.

I mean they showed the same stuff as usual. They will play up to better teams and find ways to lose. I don't buy into aggy moral victories. This should have been a win. But typical Dallas blows it.

given the TO margin it should have been a win.  The D played good enough against that offense to walk off with a win.  idiot kicker

10 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

I got to give it to Kellen Moore and McCarthy. Hell if an offensive game plan. They knew going into the game they weren't going to be able to run the ball so make your short passes like they were runs. Then air it our when you have the advantage. Pretty nice play calling.
Speaking of play calling did anyone else catch Brady shaking off the play call coming from the sideline a couple of times? It was like the ace pitcher shaking off his catcher.

I think there was one on the last drive as well. Looked like he mouthed "fuck no" and shook his head. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The last year’s playoff teams is a ruse. At LAC, Minn, and NE will be very tough games. At KC is a loss. At NO and at Wash are possible to probable losses. NYG and Philly and Carolina will be improved. It’s hard to imagine this team going much better than 10-7. 

I agree here.  Chargers and Pats especially should be improved.  Minnesota?  Eh, still will be a tough game in the dome.  Denver and Atlanta should be improved.  The schedule isn't as light as folks thinks.

I think the takeaways are:

Dak is fine and looks better (although 1 game)

Zeke actually looked better but it wasn't the matchup to really make sweeping judgements.  He blocked like a warrior last night.

Offense is good although some of the RZ issues need to be squared away.  That's a really good Defense when Vita is playing and we moved the ball pretty easily.

Amare is still a quiet route wizard.

Lamb is dynamic with the ball in his hands, but he needs to really sharpen up with the drops.  He killed a drive and also a drop led to a turnover.  Unacceptable from a WR.

Parsons will be very good eventually.  He was generally where he needed to be (one play gifs aside) and played very good man in coverage.  With reps and adjusting to game speed, he should be really good.

Tank Lawrence is still a huge disrupter and best player on D..... by a lot.

We're still a poorly coached team.  Mike McCarthy is as bad as thought. 

Why can't we get a fucking good punter?  Special Teams is a travesty.  Hidden yardage out the ass, missing FGs, horrible coverage on kickoffs.

Defense is better.  They still suck.  Soft up the middle and a shitshow in the secondary.  Bottom 10 unit in the league.

Jaylon Smith played 16 snaps.  LVE played 14.  Think about that and our draft process.  At least we have Taco..... eh.

Dorance Armstrong flashed some.  We need him.

Fire the kicker.  And maybe the ST coach (who supposed to be a good one.  Eh.)

Has the look of a 9-8/8-9 team.  Injuries will dictate how far away we are +/- 1 or 2 games unless it's Dak.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Didn't Connor Williams have two holding calls? Got man handled by Vita Vea a few times.

Not too many people won’t get manhandled by Vita Vea, he usually draws double teams, he’s always been near impossible to block one on one and when healthy no single blocker is keeping him out of the backfield, that guy is a monster
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Offensive game plan is much improved. But until we have a defense that can stop anything much like the last 17 years every game eill be a shoot out. I expected to get throat fucked so it’s aggy moral victory to see Dak and the O play well 

58 passes is an improved offensive game plan? 

25 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Didn't Connor Williams have two holding calls? Got man handled by Vita Vea a few times.

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He had one that hurt at the end of the game that killed their chances of a td.

he had one, but he had to do it otherwise dak was going to get sacked.  rolled the dice and hoped the ref would eat the flag.  what impressed me about conner last night was how he was able to set his base and not get consistently steamrolled by vea.  for whatever reason we didn't seem to help out on vea (which was a terrible decision) so i'm glad dak wasn't sacked more than he was. 

Just now, hookem48 said:

58 passes is an improved offensive game plan? 

absolutely.   no one's going to be able to run on tampa, so how do you make up for that?  that short passing game was exactly what we needed to do and we did it.  we weren't stubborn trying to run, i'm thankful for that.  bit of a departure from years previous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

absolutely.   no one's going to be able to run on tampa, so how do you make up for that?  that short passing game was exactly what we needed to do and we did it.  we weren't stubborn trying to run, i'm thankful for that.  bit of a departure from years previous.

I agree with this.