Cowboys @ Bucs: Week 1 NFL Season Opener

Vic Mackey

It just pissed me off this literally came down to a missed FG and xtra point.

That’s it.

Oh and a horrible no call that we all KNOW Dallas would have been called for.

They couldn’t even call a fucking hold on this OL late in the game.

The NFL isn’t hiding it.

Bucs did their worst to gift that game to Dallas with 4 turnovers, two that lead to 10 points for Dallas and one that took at least 3 and likely 7 off the board for Tampa.

Brady is already in pissed off, fuck you mode and will rip his teammates for lack of focus.

Dallas will run away with the east, and lose in the WC game.

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Cowboys schedule is very soft, if they stay health they should win that division even if they end up with eight or nine wins….

Yeah I think so. Shitty to lose this one but they could have been much worse. I saw people putting them 19th on preseason power rankings which seemed way too low. They have a good roster and almost squeaked out a few wins last year without Dak. 

Edited by ztejas

Yeah I think so. Shitty to lose this one but they could have been much worse. I saw people putting them 19th on preseason power rankings which seemed way too low. They have a good roster and almost squeaked out a few wins last year without Dak. 
A loss is a loss. This was a god awful loss. +3 in turnovers. Moved the ball all night. Stalled drives. No pressure at all on Brady. Missed kicks. Dumb penalties. Typical Dallas loss.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A loss is a loss. This was a god awful loss. +3 in turnovers. Moved the ball all night. Stalled drives. No pressure at all on Brady. Missed kicks. Dumb penalties. Typical Dallas loss.

Oh no! Dallas lost to one of the best teams in the league despite having a chance to win in the last minute! They are going to be horrible and lose all the games against even the middle-of-the-road and bad teams too!

• Like 1

Yay team?? Typical Dallas loss. Dumb penalties. Missed kicks. Stalled drives. No resistance on defense.

This will be another. 500 type season.

Jesus Christ Vic stop it man. They showed a TON tonight.

Yeah they made mistakes. Even Tampa did. They were literally 2 missed kicks and/or a non called OPI from winning.

The defense has multiple stops AND 4 turnovers. This defense did NOT did that the last decade very much.

They’re going to win the East easily and have double digit wins. This .500 narrative is such BS.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:
Guhgreed. Shoulda coulda, but it is better than I thought it would be.

And still 0-1...

I expected this outcome. They can't go .500 and that has been my prediction for the last decade. Veering wildly towards 8 and 8 with side trips to 5 - 11 and 13 - 3.

It was entertaining. It didn't make me wanna watch Bourdain reruns instead.

Jesus Christ Vic stop it man. They showed a TON tonight.

Yeah they made mistakes. Even Tampa did. They were literally 2 missed kicks and/or a non called OPI from winning.

The defense has multiple stops AND 4 turnovers. This defense did NOT did that the last decade very much.

They’re going to win the East easily and have double digit wins. This .500 narrative is such BS.
I mean they showed the same stuff as usual. They will play up to better teams and find ways to lose. I don't buy into aggy moral victories. This should have been a win. But typical Dallas blows it.

We don't play another playoff team till what, 10 games from now?

Got a real chance to pad the win column and take this fucking division.

Dak looked WAY better than I thought possible.

Defense definitely looked better than last year, though that's a low bar.

This loss isn't gonna matter by the time we get to the playoffs, but it fucking stings.

Boys played well. Dak played like a warrior. TOP and turnover margin should’ve been a win. Team is dumb. 
And Drew bitching about Zeurlein makes me laugh. Had that game been 33-28 as it should’ve been, Brady would’ve scored a TD. This game boiled down to our still shitty D and Brady/Arians versus McCarthy being a total mismatch. 35-25 on TOP and +3 on turnovers would’ve been a win with most any other coach. This team will not overcome its dumbass with McCarthy. 
I almost wish fat Mike would have said fuck it and went for it on 4th and 6 on that last drive. A FG was absolutely not beating Brady with that much time left. And only needing 3 to win. Dallas needed one more first down to really seal the game but in true Dallas fashion they bog down. And a big penalty is called against us. How many Dallas drives when it's crucial do we hit a big play, like that Lamb catch and run and then go fucking backwards. Too many.

I thought it was hilarious Dallas celebrating hard after that FG. Brady had to be laughing on the other end. Knowing he would easily carve this defense up for the win.
  • Like 1

FG was meaningless. Zuerlein misses that field goal 10x more than Brady doesn't get them into easy FG range. 
Yep. FG was meaningless there. Get another 1st down, run clock and make TB burn the rest of their timeouts and then kick it. Going up 1 right there felt like a loss. Especially with Brady on the other end and Dallas non existent pass rush. I why envy what Tampa does with their front. Huge pushes up the middle