Nightmare Alley: Bradly Cooper, Guillermo Del Toro, Cate Blanchet, Willem Dafoe, etc

Parliament

GDT is definitely pushing the stylizing at least up to the line where I lose interest. The fabulous cast, actors sticking together for actors, could raise it a level. The trailer is something of a disaster in that it doesn't give enough clues about what the fuck this is all about.

I'm a maybe depending on reviews from critics and this thread. You guys have steered me to some pretty great stuff:

• Derry Girls
  • Fleabag
  • The Wire
  • Deadwood

To name just a few things I would never have given a chance otherwise. It makes me sad to see so many threads dedicated to comic book heroes and other super natural stuff of which only the very best interest me. 

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

GDT is definitely pushing the stylizing at least up to the line where I lose interest. The fabulous cast, actors sticking together for actors, could raise it a level. The trailer is something of a disaster in that it doesn't give enough clues about what the fuck this is all about.

I'm a maybe depending on reviews from critics and this thread. You guys have steered me to some pretty great stuff:

• Derry Girls
  • Fleabag
  • The Wire
  • Deadwood

To name just a few things I would never have given a chance otherwise. It makes me sad to see so many threads dedicated to comic book heroes and other super natural stuff of which only the very best interest me. 

Was here to post that the trailer did nothing for me but the cast had my interest. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched it last night on HBO.  I thought is was good.  Very well acted and definitely could have trimmed it up a bit.  I'd recommend.

Spoiler

Don't really understand Blanchet's motivation to fuck with Cooper.  I guess she was just so pissed that he embarrassed her at the first showing that she had to show him that she can run circles around him? 

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Watched it last night on HBO.  I thought is was good.  Very well acted and definitely could have trimmed it up a bit.  I'd recommend.

Hide contents

Don't really understand Blanchet's motivation to fuck with Cooper.  I guess she was just so pissed that he embarrassed her at the first showing that she had to show him that she can run circles around him? 

that was my question as well.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

Hide contents

I mostly liked it (although it was too long and I definitely liked the first hour or so more than the rest, but yeah, I didn't understand that at all either.