The Lethalist Weapon  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Lethal Weapon

• 1 - Gary Busey was the antagonist
    • 2 -Diplomatic immunity
    • 3 - bad guy had moustache
    • 4 - Jet Li

And should there be a part 5?  Here's my rankings:

2- the one with the south African racists.  Joe Pesci gets introduced to the series here.  Also had the hottest chick.

4 - Jet Li saves this.

1 - Pretty tense one and both Gibson and Glover seemed out of their range but their characters weren't fully baked yet.

3- Only memorable part was when he buried that guy in cement alive.

They are all incredibly unrealistic but I'll generally watch if they're on.

And should there be a part 5?  Here's my rankings:
2- the one with the south African racists.  Joe Pesci gets introduced to the series here.  Also had the hottest chick.
4 - Jet Li saves this.
1 - Pretty tense one and both Gibson and Glover seemed out of their range but their characters weren't fully baked yet.
3- Only memorable part was when he buried that guy in cement alive.

They are all incredibly unrealistic but I'll generally watch if they're on.

This is the proper ranking. Also part 1 is more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard (which is also a Christmas movie). I would absolutely watch a part 5.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2,1,4,3.  1 had the best acting, and emotional depth.  Tt wasn't full blown buddy cop movie and there was not only tension with the bad guy but between Riggs and Murtaugh as they felt each other out and learned to appreciate one another.  2 though was by far the most fun and had the most entertaining bad guys, hottest girl and best side character introduction (Leo) so it gets the slight nod.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

To what extent does the flow of Murtaugh's mullet impact the rating? It went from average '80s in 1, to full blow dry fluff in 2, then man bun /pony tail when they were busted a rank for insubordination in 3 (or was it 4?)

You mean Riggs?   And I wonder if Mel was secretly wanting to switch teams in 2?  No CR

7 hours ago, davidg said:

When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos with a rifle shot at a thousand yards in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at... Well, see you tomorrow.

You really like my wife’s cooking?

No. See you tomorrow.

• Like 1

How did the general manage to sneak up on Riggs in the desert? And how, with Mr. Joshua having a huge head start, did they manage to get to Murtaugh’s house ahead of him and leave him a note? And why was it necessary to drive a police car through the wall? And where did Riggs get the gun that he used to shoot Mr. Joshua after their fight?

Still a classic but one that you sort of need to turn your brain off and not think too much about.

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of 4, it's amazing just how racist that one is against Asians and how nobody gave a shit. You'd get crucified for making that movie today. 

So I just googled it because I don’t recall that one. At least one of the Asian jokes was written by one of the Asian actors in the movie.

The director didn’t think there was a problem, and apologized for hurting people’s feelings. He also claimed that none of the Asian actors involved said anything.

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Posting the Laos thing that was just a few posts up and then fucking this up. It’s bust Dixie. BUST.

Did I get that wrong? I always heard it as “fu-uck:” That made more sense in context. My bad. As for the Laos quote, mine was accurate. And if you want to nitpick about this sort of thing then go to the “do you ever yearn?” thread and fuck yourself. 

I'm in the minority here but I think 1 is the best.   Riggs "devil may care"/suicide mission attitude does it for me.   

Go watch the scene where he gets the jumper down.   "Do you really want to jump?   Do you wanna?"   The look on Gibson's face and his tone are just insane. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

Years later, we found out he wasn't having to act in that scene. 

Yep.   Go watch him in pretty much all of his early action roles.   He plays psycho a little too well.  

Another one that stands out is in The Patriot when he and his younger sons free Heath Ledger.   He's goes all French and Indian Wars on the redcoats.   And I think he really enjoyed it even if was movie magic.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Yep.   Go watch him in pretty much all of his early action roles.   He plays psycho a little too well.  

Another one that stands out is in The Patriot when he and his younger sons free Heath Ledger.   He's goes all French and Indian Wars on the redcoats.   And I think he really enjoyed it even if was movie magic.

My favorite scene in that movie. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did I get that wrong? I always heard it as “fu-uck:” That made more sense in context. My bad. As for the Laos quote, mine was accurate. And if you want to nitpick about this sort of thing then go to the “do you ever yearn?” thread and fuck yourself. 

I’ll be damned. Taken in context I too always thought it was “Fuck Dixie”.