TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

This one just has all the markings of a big ole fucking trap. If Zach Evans and Quentin Johnston hadn't spurned us in favor of TCU then we'd be bragging right now about how badly they're gonna fuck up TCU tomorrow. TCU's defense sucked against SMU, but if anyone can right the ship it's that fat purple fuck. He always gets his guys to play like their hair is on fucking fire against us. They're getting a bunch of dudes back. We've seen our guys go up against a semi-competent team exactly once this season, and they humiliated themselves. The offensive line looked improved last week, but Okafor's and Jones' body of work is big enough at this point: we should know better than to expect competence from them. I don't think we should expect Casey to continue sustaining his pace of TD drives every time he's on the field; there's plenty of tape on him now and he may be due to come back down to Earth. All of that, plus it's an away game, plus it's the week before OU.

This program hasn't earned the right to expect to beat TCU. We are the underdogs against them until such time as we prove otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

I don’t like early morning drinking since I gave up beer. I’d rather just wait until late afternoon, and have a nice bourbon.  

My advice for 11 am games: Drink your ass off until 3 am. Go to bed. Sleep 8 hours. Wake up at 11 am and enjoy the game with a cup of coffee and a breakfast taco. You’re not really catching up the rest of the day, but you can chase it. The chase is fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

This one just has all the markings of a big ole fucking trap. If Zach Evans and Quentin Johnston hadn't spurned us in favor of TCU then we'd be bragging right now about how badly they're gonna fuck up TCU tomorrow. TCU's defense sucked against SMU, but if anyone can right the ship it's that fat purple fuck. He always gets his guys to play like their hair is on fucking fire against us. They're getting a bunch of dudes back. We've seen our guys go up against a semi-competent team exactly once this season, and they humiliated themselves. The offensive line looked improved last week, but Okafor's and Jones' body of work is big enough at this point: we should know better than to expect competence from them. I don't think we should expect Casey to continue sustaining his pace of TD drives every time he's on the field; there's plenty of tape on him now and he may be due to come back down to Earth. All of that, plus it's an away game, plus it's the week before OU.

This program hasn't earned the right to expect to beat TCU. We are the underdogs against them until such time as we prove otherwise.

Burton is that you peeking out from your sun shelter?!

image.gif.3f510d6e02b86c55d801f324528f4e63.gif

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

West of Ft Worth is not DFW.  The DFW metroplex has received little to no rain, especially with the 3” predicted all week.  Not saying there may not be showers between now and game time, but not the all night soaker predicted earlier this week.  Wunderground FTW forecast seems to agree.  

image.thumb.png.fe85caf1eda995c27cf04c723cbc3b42.png

I got dumped on in Fort Worth last night and was offf and on all day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

satya sock confirmed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

Jesus Christ I am rarely moved to neg a "potbanger" but fuck right off with this shit. Believe in Casey and Kiowa Power. Believe in Bijan and Heisman Power! FAT PAT GOT GOT IN HOUSTON DECADES AGO, and this one gets got in FW tomorrow. Sark is not Strong scrabbling with Mack's scraps. Sark is not Herman, being a dick and not putting the BEST 11 TEXAS LONGHORNS out there against a dinged-up wil' Horned Frog squad mewling like kittens about how "oh this is our wil super bowl." Good. I hope you enjoyed getting fuckstomped 56-20 and somehow find meaning in the rest of your year, you purple cunts.  

Just stop with this fucking "trap game" shit. It's not our "trap game" if you've been their bitch for a decade. If anything it's their fucking trap game.

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

Sounds like your pussy is on fire. Not sure what the proper term is, but I know it's a thing.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

North Texas meteorology talk not going away. 

Yeah looks a few possible scattered showers in "Foat Wuth" area during middle of the game.  Hoping the rain dodges "Amon G. Carter Stadium" and no lightning occurs in the area during the game.   

BEAT THE TOADS !!! 🤘 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

Entire last page: people clowning on a TCU fan saying Zach Evans had real bluechip options on NSD

This guy: "Zach Evans spurned us!!!"

Losing QJ fucking sucked though. Savion Williams had a real offer from us, too.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 3

Two things that annoy me about younger fans on this site.

1. Y'all underestimate Arkansas hate.

2. Y'all way way overestimate TCU.

It's understandable based on the years of your fandom, but today is the day the Frogs resume their status as cockroaches, only it is not a day they will fall in our potato salad and ruin it. Today is a day they will be squashed with extreme prejudice. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Entire last page: people clowning on a TCU fan saying Zach Evans had real bluechip options on NSD

This guy: "Zach Evans spurned us!!!"

Losing QJ fucking sucked though. Savion Williams had a real offer from us, too.

Our running back room is doing fucking dandy without Zach Evans. He can play football though, and I just think we might view him differently if he were on our team.

If we go out and shit all over TCU this morning then I'll upvote every reply mocking me for my lack of faith. But when I'm making like Doctor Strange and playing the possible outcomes for today in my head, I see myself being frustrated in most of them. The bell curve of possible scenarios skews toward the end where my wife tells me to stop yelling profanity at the TV.

8 hours ago, touchthemonolith said:

Go hide under the bed and suck your thumb and let the rest of us with a sack enjoy the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's understandable based on the years of your fandom, but today is the day the Frogs resume their status as cockroaches, only it is not a day they will fall in our potato salad and ruin it. Today is a day they will be squashed with extreme prejudice. 

In defense of younger fans, maybe what this team was doing in the 60's and 70's doesn't really matter a whole lot on October 2, 2021. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

What they were doing from 2011-2020 doesn't matter, either.

If I'm weighing the data points and making a prediction, I'm probably giving more weight to the fact that we have juniors stepping out onto the field today that have never beat TCU than I'm giving to the fact that we beat them badly when Gerald Ford was in office.

Older fans tend to overestimate Texas.

One interesting thing in stark contrast to the Herman era is this team hasn’t played a four quarter game a third of the way through the season. All available info says there’s no reason to doubt Casey Thompson in that situation but it’s still an unknown. Will be interesting to see how he and the team respond if the outcome is contested in the fourth quarter. Part of me thinks the ideal scenario is a close win so that this team can be as battle tested as possible headed into Oklahoma.

22 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

If I'm weighing the data points and making a prediction, I'm probably giving more weight to the fact that we have juniors stepping out onto the field today that have never beat TCU than I'm giving to the fact that we beat them badly when Gerald Ford was in office.

Fair.  But I'm giving more weight to the fact that Bijan is the best running back we've had since Jamaal Charles and he's gonna get 20+ touches today.  And our coach isn't a gaping pussy.  This isn't the 2020 or 2019 Longhorns, even if some of the players are the same.

And this is a TCU team that just gave up 42 to SMU and 32 to Cal.  We should absolutely hang 40+ on them.

Texas - 52

TCU - 21

Edited by TexArcher

Lmao.
Comment: "I have some doubts about today for the following reasons."
Reply: "You have no penis."
Fair enough, I guess. 

There’s nothing more indicative of being an alpha male than talking mad shit about your team’s opponent on your team’s own message board. Nothing. Sorry. Maybe try being less beta next time!

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

The last two coaches to bring the Horns to TCU were Turtle Tom and Potato. Before that, Coach Fuck You Pay Me and Herp Derp won in Fort Worth in 2013. I think Coach Sark’s got this.

Pussies need to stop being pussies.

It's just unreal to me. I get being confident, I get being optimistic and hopeful. But even if we blow them out today, after everything we've seen in the last decade, there are still people (the majority of people in this forum) who expect us to always go blow out lowly and hapless TCU because WE ARE TEXAS and we used to blow them out in a conference that hasn't existed in 20 years now. It's just unreal to me. To not even consider the notion that this team won't blow out TCU is unreal. People accuse this fanbase of being entitled and delusional, of living in the past, and we consistently live up to the billing all too often.

3 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

It's just unreal to me. I get being confident, I get being optimistic and hopeful. But even if we blow them out today, after everything we've seen in the last decade, there are still people (the majority of people in this forum) who expect us to always go blow out lowly and hapless TCU because WE ARE TEXAS and we used to blow them out in a conference that hasn't existed in 20 years now. It's just unreal to me. To not even consider the notion that this team won't blow out TCU is unreal. People accuse this fanbase of being entitled and delusional, of living in the past, and we consistently live up to the billing all too often.

I’m not talking a blowout. I’m talking about a win, or even not being scared of a loss based on the past two hapless coaching regimes.

Not entitled or delusional here, but I am confident that Casey, Worthy, Bijan, Roschon, Whitt and Moore will lead the way to us scoring more points today than TCU.  Fuck the past.  

I hope Gary is singing. "I've got a tear in my beer" this afternoon about 3 pm.  

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

There’s nothing more indicative of being an alpha male than talking mad shit about your team’s opponent on your team’s own message board. Nothing. Sorry. Maybe try being less beta next time!

It's definitely not my intention to talk shit about a team that I love and spend an unhealthy amount of time, money, and energy obsessed with. What you'd call "talking mad shit", I'd call "cautious pragmatism". But that might just be because I'm a scared beta cuck, etc etc

It's definitely not my intention to talk shit about a team that I love and spend an unhealthy amount of time, money, and energy obsessed with. What you'd call "talking mad shit", I'd call "cautious pragmatism". But that might just be because I'm a scared beta cuck, etc etc

lol I’m referring to everyone shitting on TCU and calling for a 79 to negative 4 win.

Christ. Patterson/TCU joined the conference exactly when Texas began its worst decade in program history. He went 7-2 against checked-out Mack, Charlie Strong and Tom fucking Herman. Congrats? Every B12 team that didn’t go 7-2 against that shitshow should be ashamed. Is Sark better? Maybe/maybe not/maybe fuck yourself.

Anyway, those games are irrelevant to today. Last year this game was a coin flip in which Texas fumbled away the probable winning score. And Herman’s idiotic ass didn’t use his best player.

Also, I think everyone here would acknowledge that TCU winning today wouldn’t be stunning, but it’s a message board and that’s not fun, plus we say all kinds of crazy shit here (like really crazy, insane, depraved shit, just browse for a while).