Gameday coming to Dallas, beeches

Tom Chairman

23 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

Texas had gameday back to back weeks and 3 out of 4 weeks in 2008. 

Ou game
Mizzou in Austin 
Ok state (no gameday)
at Tech

Always made me chuckle that Game Day jumped on us hard after the OU game (rightfully so) and then we blew #11 Mizzou out the water.  But they didn't come for #8 OK State, which was a really close ass game.  And it was a hot as balls afternoon game and it would have been way better at night. 

We were 12.5 point favorites and won by 4. 

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Gosh, I wonder why that is.

Setting aside fan rancor, they do a good job (although I disagreed with Reggie when he said Deion Sanders should get the USC coaching job). Bob Stoops was accurately critical of the predictability of tOSU’s defense and their single high safety look. Of course you hate him but it’s because he can coach, not because he can’t, and that was something that needed to be said. I don’t think it had anything to do with the changes that are happening on that side of the ball for the Buckeyes but I appreciate the analysis. There’s more substance and less fluff on that show than on GameDay. 

Yep.  It’s the same reason I love Herman and Charlie.  Honestly have a soft spot for Mack too…

Its game week pussies…

Any of you fuckers going to gameday? Would love to meet up and meet some more of y'all. 

I've also remixed some Man U fans soccer chants that we can use at gameday and the game:

"Spencer Rattler Spencer Rattloooooorrr... his dad washes elephants, and his mum's a whore!"

*clap clap "this is how it feels to be Baylor... this is how it feels to be small. This is how it feels when no conference wants you at all, wants you at all!"

*hard claps "LOVED BY THE HORNS! FEARED BY THE REST! ROBINSON! ROBINSON! ROBINSOOOON!....." *soft claps "BIJAN ROBINSON RUNNING DOWN THE WING. BIJAN ROBINSON TRUCKING EVERYTHING!" *hard claps again "LOVED BY THE HORNS! FEARED BY THE REST! ROBINSON! ROBINSON! ROBINSON!"

*if we're playing like shit: "what a waste of money!.... what a waste of money!....."

*if/when we're leading by a lot, example 24-3: "it's twenty-four three, it's twenty-four threeeee!.... How shit must you be?! it's twenty-four three!" 

My favorite; if we haven't scored in a while: "let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we scored a goal! YAAAAAYYY!!!" *throw arms in the air and celebrate

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Mad about what? Gameday loves going to the Fair.  This is not some big surprise. 

Yeah, there's plenty of SEC bias to get worked up over, but this is not that.

Undefeated OU playing 1-loss Texas in October is pretty much ALWAYS going to have a chance to draw Gameday and a national broadcast TV audience.

Fox Big Noon Kickoff is at Iowa/Penn St.  What the shit is this show?
Lol, probably some sort of simulcast bullshit where they cut to Travis every so often with thousands of butthurt aggy behind him holding up signs about tee yew. The Big Noon Kickoff crew won't be in Collie station.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Lol, probably some sort of simulcast bullshit where they cut to Travis every so often with thousands of butthurt aggy behind him holding up signs about tee yew. The Big Noon Kickoff crew won't be in Collie station.

They cut to shots from other venues every week. Never for long and just to set up commentary on a particular game. If they get more than 30 seconds then I’ll be surprised. Based on what I’ve seen in the past, that would be generous. 

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This.  Never a more perfect fit for that douchebag.

He's gonna make Looch jealous if he doesn't cool it. That's his grift, can't have some other dipshit move in and figure out they can get pizzaid for life by saying nice things about aggy and mean things about tu!

Edited by Pam Cummings

22 minutes ago, TxEx84 said:

In front of the main SW entrance towards the lagoon?  I'm sure that won't add to the cluster of trying to get into the stadium before 11a right when GameDay is ending.

No, I think it's on the back of the Hall of State building. On this map, I think it's where 13 is RD is talking. Last time they were here, Gameday was set up at 37 next to the Texas Star. Fox set up on Lone Star Blvd in front of the Esplanade and Hall of State building.  The gameday crew will go inside the stadium probably around 10:30. 

FairgroundsMap_Simple.jpg

Edited by mdmost

58 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

About 40 yds from the west entrance to the stadium 

See rest of thread and map mdmap posted.  Inquiring minds want to know.  We are usually right around #30.  I'm afraid it's set up right fucking there based on that pic.  Which would suck ass.

Well Hell. This is right by where we usually pregame.  Anyone have a wider screen shot to show exactly how much of a clusterfuck this is going to be?
It will be a massive clusterfuck full of gooners, their sister wives and the offspring of such...and all will permanently have their upside down hookem hands. (I think some are born that way)

But I will be there with my morning buzz, and it will be glorious

On 10/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, texifornia said:

awwww okie lite is mad

FA9It4UVcAE6UMH?format=jpg&name=smallFA9IuPnUUAUPTNP?format=jpg&name=smallFA9IusdUYAEwax7?format=jpg&name=small

It's a huge rivalry game in one of the best venues in college sports between two top 25 teams. Penn St. and Iowa is a higher rated matchup, but I would hardly call that a rivalry. Aggy shit the bed and so Bama is not considered a big game. Sorry not sorry.

13 is way too small of an area and there's usually corporate hospitality tents setup at that spot.  I assume it's around spot 19 or 30 so that the Cotton Bowl will be in background.  Furk.

The map above is not aligned to the North.  The stadium runs Southeast to Northwest

Edited by TxEx84
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Game day is setting up at 30. 

God damn it.  Fucking assholes.   Going to have to spend the day tomorrow scouting locations.  Have been same spot for last 18 years.  I wonder if ESPN is having to pay off those vendors as it's going to totally fuck up their pregame sales

Edited by Skipper

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Man, that is going to be a cluster there. 

Seriously.  What an idiotic idea.   Clearly someone that has never been to the god damn game before came up with it.   It's usually somewhat out of the way and I always assumed that was intentional given how packed the entire 100 yard radius around the stadium is by 10AM.

27 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Seriously.  What an idiotic idea.   Clearly someone that has never been to the god damn game before came up with it.   It's usually somewhat out of the way and I always assumed that was intentional given how packed the entire 100 yard radius around the stadium is by 10AM.

GameDay 2021 Texas OU - the 100 yard decision.

but yea cluster fuck.  my guess is they wanted the front of the Cotton Bowl as the background. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

GameDay 2021 Texas OU - the 100 yard decision.

but yea cluster fuck.  my guess is they wanted the front of the Cotton Bowl as the background. 

Yup, seems like it.  Historically they've set up well away from the chaos that immediately surrounds the stadium.

Ah well, might take an extra wax cup or two to manage through the throngs of toothless hordes, but we will survive.

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

God damn it.  Fucking assholes.   Going to have to spend the day tomorrow scouting locations.  Have been same spot for last 18 years.  I wonder if ESPN is having to pay off those vendors as it's going to totally fuck up their pregame sales

this is funny if you read it in Eric Cartman's voice.

• Haha 2