Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sure thing guy. You seem totally rational on this topic. 

I'm not the one that got my panties in a twist because someone else had the AUDACITY to say that police weren't complete evil.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're right.  I just made up all of those times that cops break the law and abuse people.....and I DEFINITELY made up all the other cops who knew about it and covered for them.  But the cops you know...well, they were the special ones, the unicorns.

Here's a tip: I've known quite a few cops in my time as well.  The ones I KNEW were always good to me.  Fun to be around, drink beer with, hunt with, what have you.  And they also let slip JUST enough for me to realize that they were casually racist, abusive, etc. on the job.  Very rarely anything overt....just enough slipped because they trusted me and their lips got a bit loose with whiskey.  Had I been a child at the time, I doubt I would have seen or noticed anything but the nice guys they otherwise were.

You knew them in one context.  You did not know them in the "on the job" context.  I am sharing with you the fact that it is a well-known and consistent phenomenon for shitty people to be shitty in one context, and absolutely pleasant and kind in another.  There's a shitload of documentation on some of the worst nazis being quite kind to neighbors, children, etc.  Nobody is saying that people who regularly do evil can't also do good (e.g., running into the towers on 9/11).  In fact, that's the OPPOSITE of what we are saying -- nobody is purely evil, 100% of the time.  I know you don't want to believe that someone can be nice and kind at home, and then go out and be abusive and criminal, but the entire history of humanity tells us you have a willful blind spot.

I could very easily just generalize you as well and say that since you are a lawyer, you have a natural bias against the police.

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not the one that got my panties in a twist because someone else had the AUDACITY to say that police weren't complete evil.

I could very easily just generalize you as well and say that since you are a lawyer, you have a natural bias against the police.

You are the guy who keeps misrepresenting what you said though.

Lawyers have a natural bias against police? Dude keep going lol. 

Edited by hobbes2702

On 6/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, Pam Cummings said:

The standard is just too low now. Any shithead can be a cop. They no longer weed out stupid people that freak out over any little perceived slight. Being a cop used to be a very respectable profession. They have lost the trust of the public and don't seem very interested in earning it back.

In case you forgot what you actually claimed.

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Lawyers have a natural bias against police? Dude keep going lol. 

Yeah....that one's a bit funny.

So, my calling....since I was a kid, seriously, I knew then....was a passion for the Rule of Law.  Not the "Rule of how to crime and get away with it, because fuck cops, let's go steal a car!"...the Rule of Law.

I don't like people who shamelessly break the law in material ways.

I REALLY don't like it when the people who do so are the people charged with ENFORCING the law.  Kind of how I don't like it when someone hits a kid, but I REALLY don't like it when the person hitting the kid is their parent, who is actually expected to PROTECT their kid.

I have no natural bias against police.  I have a natural bias against those who materially betray the Rule of Law.  It's not my fault that cops just walk right into that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

In case you forgot what you actually claimed.

It's literally just an opinion though. You act like i told you up is down or something. There is no "proof" for what i said. Just commenting on society in general.

Just god damn man. Not everything has to be some huge argument. It's a fucking message board post. There is no "claim" here. We aren't doing an academic study.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

It’s an ignorant excuse that you keep attempting to defend with escalating stupidity.

Coincidentally, "Escalating Stupidity" is the title of one of the most popular police training courses of the past 20 years.*

* I only exaggerate slightly.  Look into the widely taught courses of Dave Grossman and a way of thinking he LITERALLY calls "killology."

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're the one commenting and making assumptions about people you've never met. Not me.

And you're the one assuming that the people you knew as kind and decent at home were therefore also kind and decent on the job, in spite of the fact that we (humanity) know that it is a well-documented phenomenon for people to be decent in one aspect of their lives and also evil shitheads in another aspect of their lives.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And you're the one assuming that the people you knew as kind and decent at home were therefore also kind and decent on the job, in spite of the fact that we (humanity) know that it is a well-documented phenomenon for people to be decent in one aspect of their lives and also evil shitheads in another aspect of their lives.

I'm familiar with the concept. I've known people that I thought were good that ended up being shitty. In this particular instance, with these particular people, I'll trust my judgment having met them and known them for 20+ years, and not yours, since you haven't.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm familiar with the concept. I've known people that I thought were good that ended up being shitty. In this particular instance, with these particular people, I'll trust my judgment having met them and known them for 20+ years, and not yours, since you haven't.

Groovy.  And I'll trust the track record of people wearing a badge, who almost uniformly either commit brutality/violations of the law or happily cover up for those who do.  It's the safe and smart bet.  Perhaps you know the two biggest statistical outliers -- fantastic, great, wonderful.  I hope they are dedicating their lives and careers to changing law enforcement for the better, and to that end they have zero tolerance for their colleagues breaking the law and harming those who they are sworn to protect.  But I'm not putting any of my eggs in that "hope" basket.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Groovy.  And I'll trust the track record of people wearing a badge, who almost uniformly either commit brutality/violations of the law or happily cover up for those who do.  It's the safe and smart bet.  Perhaps you know the two biggest statistical outliers -- fantastic, great, wonderful.  I hope they are dedicating their lives and careers to changing law enforcement for the better, and to that end they have zero tolerance for their colleagues breaking the law and harming those who they are sworn to protect.  But I'm not putting any of my eggs in that "hope" basket.

Fuckin lawyers. Think they know everything. (Please interpret this post as the joke that it is.)

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a big settlement on that one. The look on the female trooper with her hands over her face as she walks away says it all.

I don't know.  Perhaps you missed the important elements here: 1) they are cops, our heroes in blue, don't question them, just thank them, and 2) he's black.

I expect your apology to be forthcoming, posthaste.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You mean, AFTER he's given a medal and promoted or, at worst, shuffled off to another law enforcement agency?

You left out severance package and written job recommendation from the chief.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

God damn... his screams..

My GSD can bite through a raw beef rib like it's hot butter, so no telling the damage he suffered.

Being attacked by a GSD trained to attack is near the bottom of how I want to go.  A great whit shark would be quicker.  You’re dead in a couple of seconds.  A GSD would take a minute or two.

Now they fuckin wit Afroman, too.

My take: a former hookup went full vengeance burn and made false statements to authorities, who in turn used those statements to obtain a warrant WITHOUT any due police work so they could play pretend SWAT and roll in hot on an unsuspecting citizen's residence. Afroman understandably takes it personally and incorporates surveillance from said event into some shitty songs and merch; officers take offense and sue Afroman because they are greedy, have tiny penises, and the videos correctly show them being bad at their jobs.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/19/2023 at 12:22 AM, HenryJames said:

The History of Serg and his training

Serg was born on May 19, 2019, in the country of Hungary. He is a Belgian Malinois-Shepherd mix. The K9 has been involved in narcotics and currency seizures. Serg was previously partnered with another Circleville officer, who died in 2021. The dog was twice-trained at Shallow Creek Kennels in Pennsylvania.

The Guardian interviewed numerous K9 trainers who said the dog acted in compliance with its training and only did what the handler commanded.

K9 dogs are used in a host of scenarios: search and rescue, finding deceased bodies, and in this case, fugitive apprehension.

An internal report conducted by the Circleville Police Department into the incident ruled that no excessive force was used in the arrest.

First, don’t tell me about the dog. I don’t care about the dog. Tell me about this fucking asshole Speakman who ordered the dog to attack someone who was complying with the other officers’ instructions, officers who told him not to release the dog. Tell me about his history. How many complaints have been made against him in the past? Has he ever been disciplined? Has he ever been fired from a different police force? That’s relevant information. Nobody’s blaming the dog.

Second, no excessive force was used? The fuck it wasn’t. I’ve got eyes. No force was necessary so by definition any force used was excessive. And that was a brutal attack. Speakman should be out of a job and brought up on charges. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

First, don’t tell me about the dog. I don’t care about the dog. Tell me about this fucking asshole Speakman who ordered the dog to attack someone who was complying with the other officers’ instructions, officers who told him not to release the dog. Tell me about his history. How many complaints have been made against him in the past? Has he ever been disciplined? Has he ever been fired from a different police force? That’s relevant information. Nobody’s blaming the dog.

Second, no excessive force was used? The fuck it wasn’t. I’ve got eyes. No force was necessary so by definition any force used was excessive. And that was a brutal attack. Speakman should be out of a job and brought up on charges. 

Seriously....the dog was a weapon.  Don't try to deflect from a brutal shooting murder of a suspect by saying "the Glock used, affectionately known as Glocky McGlockerson, was first purchased from a community gun dealer, who used the proceeds to pay for part of his nana's stay in a nursing home.  Glocky has been maintained in good working order with weekly break-down cleanings, and its slide has never caught or jammed, not even once.  It has provided years of faithful service to the community, and carries with it the soothing scent of Hoppes No. 9 and leather from its holster."  Unless of course you add "Oh, and also, the officer at issue used it to shoot an unarmed suspect in the back 8 times, laughing as he did so."

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:07 AM, Brisketexan said:

I don't know.  Perhaps you missed the important elements here: 1) they are cops, our heroes in blue, don't question them, just thank them, and 2) he's black.

I expect your apology to be forthcoming, posthaste.

You’re making too many assumptions about people you don’t know

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Now they fuckin wit Afroman, too.

My take: a former hookup went full vengeance burn and made false statements to authorities, who in turn used those statements to obtain a warrant WITHOUT any due police work so they could play pretend SWAT and roll in hot on an unsuspecting citizen's residence. Afroman understandably takes it personally and incorporates surveillance from said event into some shitty songs and merch; officers take offense and sue Afroman because they are greedy, have tiny penises, and the videos correctly show them being bad at their jobs.

An Afroman/Snoop Dogg ticket would be awesome! No cr

Also under scrutiny is the method of giving a warning, walking partway back to the cruiser, and then coming back to the suspect automobile and re-engaging questioning. 
edited to add that it’s not “every car with out of state plates” as the tweet states. 

Edited by Kennythetiger

27 minutes ago, royiv said:

Damn. Two of those cops were involved in a shooting about a week later according to the article. Protect and serve, amirite? 

Albuquerque has got to have the worst police department among majorish cities in the country. There have been tons of videos showing them pull all kinds of terrible shit.

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Why were the cops even there? Did a target employee call them? Seems like someone should have just helped the man pay for his bike

From what I’ve read, and the sources may be dubious, Target employees called APD because the guy was taking too long to complete his transaction and they wanted him trespassed.  

So, now the question is WTF is wrong with you, Target?  

The manager should have intervened and helped the handicapped guy at customer service and away from the normal check out lines.

Certainly special needs types can be disruptive to the normal flow of business.   Accommodate them, and the rest of your customers, by temporarily opening up another lane or place to help them out.    

Of course, that didn’t happen and here we are.  

F U, you’re fired list:  cops, cashier, manager. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1