Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 12/15/2023 at 10:34 AM, Texzilla58 said:

The great bbq shakeout is looming.

I think the great shakeout of way too expensive Brick & Mortar bbq is most certainly coming.  I think some wise pitmasters that can perfect the craft will do well if they can find some semi-rundown property with lots of outdoor space to create some weekend music revenue will do just fine.  But spending $1mm+ on a building right now is absolutely asinine.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Some of these craft guys should look around. In Ft Worth Railhead still packs them in selling brisket at $17.75 a pound and ham, turkey and sausage at $13.50 a pound with great french fries and ice cold frosted mugs of beer.

I’m buying choice pork shoulders for .97 a pound. Rib roasts for $5.97. I’m not paying a car note to feed the family barbecue.

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Still worth the stop. Brisket is a little above avg (good flavor), ribs are good, sausage is among my fave. Very fresh crackers …

IMG_7626.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7625.jpeg

Are those prices on the menu board current?  I haven't seen a pound of brisket or ribs for $20 a pound in a long time.

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Any of yall eaten at Rejino in Olton? Any good?

I sampled some of their barbecue at the TM BBQ Picnic in November, but can't remember anything about it.  I would certainly give it a try if I found myself in Olton or Plainview again or, heaven forbid, spending multiple days in Lubbock.  If I'm simply passing through Lubbock, I'm getting Evie Mae's every time.  

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 1:07 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Still worth the stop. Brisket is a little above avg (good flavor), ribs are good, sausage is among my fave. Very fresh crackers …

IMG_7626.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7625.jpeg

Their bbq sauce is my Platonic ideal of sauce. It's what I try to emulate when I make mine at home. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

A rare shot of Hornian with his favorite BBQ spread, as he proclaims "the most important thing about barbecue is sauce:"

Screen_Shot_2015-05-14_at_10.19.24_AM.0.

Eh. I like sauce for making chopped brisket for the kids, and for ribs. And it don't bother me none if someone else puts sauce on my brisket. 

And this is what pops up if you search for "water off a duck's back" in the GIF search:

duck duck butt sliding GIF

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2